Blesta, WHMCS, or something else?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2021

Well, The WHMCS and Blesta, both are good options as a billing automation solution. But the search not ends here. There are so many other alternatives to them with competitive pricing, quality and better features. You must know about all of them and only after that come to any conclusion. This article will help you decide the best WHMCS Alternatives for your business.

• @karenlaural How many sites did you spam today? This one and of course the OGF. Does it actually work to spam old threads? Do people actually go to your site? What profound intellectual details are you trying to share? Amaze us with your (in)competence.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Unixfy
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• If in 2021 someone starts their hosting business & chooses CHIMPS (WHMCS) , it is an indication for me to stay far away from that hosting provider.

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• @vpsgeek3333 said: If in 2021 someone starts their hosting business & chooses CHIMPS (WHMCS) , it is an indication for me to stay far away from that hosting provider.

Well it depends though. If they are targeting non LE clients and their product actually comes with a healthy margin, why not?

• I wish providers would post a rational comment to the situation unlike the many who have rambled on about how all of a sudden WHMCS sucks and was never very good, its easy to write a replacement, lets sue, lets do a class action, blah blah blah.

The rational answer is- "As a provider, they can't afford the new increase and/or the loss they suffered on 'owned licenses' so they need to switch to another solution". Sometimes pragmatic, thoughtful explanations carry more weight that random comments and customers will realize a level headed approach is being taken.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @vpsgeek3333 said: it is an indication for me to stay far away from that hosting provider.

Bit pathetic, no? What difference does it make to you? You are not a provider. WHMCS is still a good product and if providers want to keep using it then that is up to them.

• @Lee said:

@vpsgeek3333 said: it is an indication for me to stay far away from that hosting provider.

Bit pathetic, no? What difference does it make to you? You are not a provider. WHMCS is still a good product and if providers want to keep using it then that is up to them.

Pathetic is selling people owned or lifetime licenses & later telling them to fuck off.
    Majority of the providers I have services with use WHMCS but if a new provider in 2021 chooses it over alternatives, it simply means he did no research just decided to go with it just because he saw most of the others using it. It also means they probably did no research & know nothing about its history.

This opinion of mine applies to new businesses which get into the industry from now onward. It does not apply to existing providers.

• @seriesn said:

@vpsgeek3333 said: If in 2021 someone starts their hosting business & chooses CHIMPS (WHMCS) , it is an indication for me to stay far away from that hosting provider.

Well it depends though. If they are targeting non LE clients and their product actually comes with a healthy margin, why not?

I feel they should go with a reliable alternative instead of using WHMCS.

• lol

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333
  • @vpsgeek3333 said:

@seriesn said:

@vpsgeek3333 said: If in 2021 someone starts their hosting business & chooses CHIMPS (WHMCS) , it is an indication for me to stay far away from that hosting provider.

I feel they should go with a reliable alternative instead of using WHMCS.

I wouldn't judge a provider based on the software they are using, unless the software is completely effed up. Obviously if it is a new LE host and they are using whmcs, I would run the opposite direction. But if they are not catering towards ultra budget clients, whmcs is still a perfectly fine piece of software.

• @seriesn said:
    I wouldn't judge a provider based on the software they are using, unless the software is completely effed up. Obviously if it is a new LE host and they are using whmcs, I would run the opposite direction. But if they are not catering towards ultra budget clients, whmcs is still a perfectly fine piece of software.

I agree with this. The problem is not the software itself, it's the company behind it.
    If you are heavily invested in whmcs and have the margins to keep using it, then by all means, do so. But if you are entering the market right now and have to choose which way to go you should take into consideration that the owners of whmcs has proven several times that they are greedy bastards that doesn't hesitate to buttfuck their customers, and more then likely they will do it again.

• gossdhostinggossdhosting Hosting Provider
  • @vpsgeek3333 said:
    If in 2021 someone starts their hosting business & chooses CHIMPS (WHMCS) , it is an indication for me to stay far away from that hosting provider.

Huh? WHMCS is one of the better products in the market. Yes their pricing sucks, but I really don't see a legitimate reason for potential clients to say "I'm not buying from you cuz whmcs bad." You're not the one paying for the license.

That said, I am interested in Hostbill as a potential alternative, but for me currently it's not worth switching from WHMCS to Blesta or some other subpar piece of software just to save less than $100 a month.