IPv6 Only Servers

Anyone using them? If so, what provider? What is your use case?

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Awhile back I posted an ad for IPv6 only servers.

At the time, nobody seemed interested.

Now I give everybody an IPv4 and an IPv6. If somebody wants IPv6 only, please ask for a discount. :)

Thanked by (2)AaronSS Ympker

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• sahjanivishalsahjanivishal Content Writer

Yes, I use IPv6 only servers from @hosterlabs , and my main use case if self hosting apps since I have native IPv6 connectivity from my ISP and hence have no problem accessing my services.

Thanked by (1)AaronSS
  • @sahjanivishal said:
    Yes, I use IPv6 only servers from @hosterlabs

Interesting HosterLabs was where I just noticed IPv6 only servers. Have you been happy with them?

• sahjanivishalsahjanivishal Content Writer

@AaronSS said:

@sahjanivishal said:
    Yes, I use IPv6 only servers from @hosterlabs

Interesting HosterLabs was where I just noticed IPv6 only servers. Have you been happy with them?

Yes, didn't had any problems and I've been using their servers for a few months now. My usage is not CPU or memory heavy but the specs of the VPS are impressive for the price.

They have now made the SolusIO panel available to the users as well, so you can carry out basic tasks like reinstalling OS yourself which earlier needed to be routed through support.

Support has also been quite responsive and have always responded to the queries promptly.

However, they also reported a recent data breach and I'm not sure about the actual impact it had on client's data.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Vultr has IPv6 only instances starting from 2.50$/mo.

Thanked by (1)AaronSS
  • edited June 2021

@Ympker said:

HosterLabs crazy pricing ;-)

https://hosterlabs.net/onlyv6/

• Crazy pricing or not, Hosterlabs IPv6 setup is broken.
    /80 is false advertising: you can only use a single address (/128).
    It isn't possible to assign any other address: they are not routable.

I got my freebie back (after being suspended for 6 weeks due to billing system error), but it's still idling.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I've considered this a few times, either IPv6 only or using a shared IPv4 in addition to full IPv6.

From discussions on here there wasn't masses of interest but I imagine it's something that might increase over time?

• hosterlabshosterlabs Hosting Provider
    edited June 2021

@yoursunny said:
    Crazy pricing or not, Hosterlabs IPv6 setup is broken.

I got my freebie back (after being suspended for 6 weeks due to billing system error), but it's still idling.

Yes, but that error was only limited to your account because you had an experimental non-prodoctuion cloud service together with a yearly paid product that you paid with the experimental balance.

The data breach only affected e-mails, names and addresses. From which anyways 80-90% of them are fake and they were not required for signing up one month ago. We only needed those fields because of ARIN IPv4 assignments. All passwords are hashed and salted, all VPS passwords are also hashed and salted. Credit Cards that we store are tokenized, hashed and salted as well. So it is 3 times as secure.

• @hosterlabs said:

@yoursunny said:
    Crazy pricing or not, Hosterlabs IPv6 setup is broken.

Yes, but that error was only limited to your account because you had an experimental non-prodoctuion cloud service together with a yearly paid product that you paid with the experimental balance.

First of all, I'd like to emphasize that this post is not meant to be understood as negative feedback.

I can confirm that part:

I can just use ::1 of my /80, any other address goes nowhere:

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• edited June 2021

@Brueggus said:
    I can confirm that part:

I can just use ::1 of my /80, any other address goes nowhere:

My guess is an improperly configured ebtables.
    If SolusIO somehow thinks the server has only /128, it would configure ebtables like that.
    I don't see /80 displayed anywhere.

Oracle Cloud and KTS24 and MetalVPS have similar issues, to a lesser extent.
    You could assign several individual IPv6 /128 to an interface, but not a prefix.

Docker doesn't work well in those configurations.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @AaronSS said: Anyone using them? If so, what provider? What is your use case?

yes, Scaleway €0.37/m, with Cloudflare you can host a website and have ipv4 connectivity

• @AaronSS said:

@Ympker said:

Good to know… but
    Base plan listed at $10/yr.
    checkout shows $14

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@vyas said:

@AaronSS said:

@Ympker said:

Good to know… but
    checkout shows $14

Saw this too - I actually emailed them a day or two ago, but haven't had anything back yet about where the extra 40% comes from.

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• @ialexpw said:

@vyas said:

@AaronSS said:

@Ympker said:

Good to know… but
    checkout shows $14

Saw this too - I actually emailed them a day or two ago, but haven't had anything back yet about where the extra 40% comes from.

I believe from a sale a few months ago. But will let @hosterlabs confirm

• hosterlabshosterlabs Hosting Provider
    edited June 2021

Hello,

Sorry about the e-mail, we lose sometimes e-mails because we get a high number of requests via e-mail but we are not always able to answer through that mean. We focus manly on our Helpdesk.

Regarding the pricing, yes that was an offer and there are some errors on the website. We are working into creating a brand new website correcting most issues. Sorry about that.