Make Your Hosting Site & Blog instantly indexed with IndexNow across Multiple Search Engines

edited October 2021 in General

Microsoft, Yandex and few others recently opened a new initiative to crawl and index web faster than ever. IndexNow service will help you instantly index your web hosting site, blog, forum pages across all associated search engines that are the part of IndexNow. Gone are the days to send URL to each specific search engine - that's the USP of IndexNow service.

What is IndexNow?
In its simplest form, IndexNow is a simple ping so that search engines know that a URL and its content has been added, updated, or deleted, allowing search engines to quickly reflect this change in their search results

www.indexnow.org

For 1st Nov, 2021, anybody can use just single search engine and send recently published web pages/ blog pages, and that search engine will ping the other one in background to index your web page across all search engines who are participating in IndexNow.

How to use:
1. Go to Bing's IndexNow page. (no sign-in required)
2. Generate the API key
3. Make a txt file on your root domain and put that API key.
4. Now start manually/JSON ping Bing with following URL

https://www.bing.com/indexnow?url=https://www.hostingcompany.com/&key=your-key

1. If it returns "200 OK" response It will crawled and get indexed in Bing and ALL participating search engines.

Everything in detail here (Bing IndexNow)

Currently, Bing, Yandex, and Baidu are part of this open initiative.
Github, Cloudflare are supporting it. Cloudflare launched Free CrawlerHints which support IndexNow in the background.

Currently I tested my automotive forum links via JSON post-method and added/pinged 150 posts. I could see bing crawling and indexing about 87 new pages/changed pages in 8-9 hours. I'm also using Bing API (from their webmaster tools account) which also helps Bing crawling it faster but not indexing it quicker. It takes 24 to 48 hours for new pages to appear. So this new IndexNow services seems bit fast than Bing's own API.

Let's see if Yandex tries to automatically crawl and index all those 150 URLs sent to IndexNow via Bing after 1st Nov. But right now this services seems useful especially for forum sites like this LES.

Cons: Google is not yet part of this.

Searchengineland has an article about it!

try it.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin mikho

Comments

• edited October 2021

@nickelodeon said:
    Cons: Google is not yet part of this.

Google will never be a part of this because you are doing something wrong if your website doesn't get indexed fast by Google.

Thanked by (2)Lee BlaZe
  • @frog said: Google will never be a part of this because you are doing something wrong if your website doesn't get indexed fast by Google

Theres nothing about right or wrong here. Bing has already stated spam-type of pages will not get indexed.
    Infact I've found google indexes quite number of spam pages automatically by crawling the web and they rank quite higher.
    So may be they're not interested to ONLY index eligible pages.

• @nickelodeon said:

@frog said: Google will never be a part of this because you are doing something wrong if your website doesn't get indexed fast by Google

Theres nothing about right or wrong here. Bing has already stated spam-type of pages will not get indexed.
    Infact I've found google indexes quite number of spam pages automatically by crawling the web and they rank quite higher.

I will recommend you to learn basic SEO and study the most documented algorithm updates before starting a SEO discussion because your way of concluding makes no sense.

Thanked by (2)Lee bikegremlin
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@frog said:

@nickelodeon said:

@frog said: Google will never be a part of this because you are doing something wrong if your website doesn't get indexed fast by Google

I will recommend you to learn basic SEO and study the most documented algorithm updates before starting a SEO discussion because your way of concluding makes no sense.

Please expand - perhaps best in a separate topic (even just some beginner/idiot-friendly links explaining the basics would be welcome as far as I'm concerned).

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@frog said:

@nickelodeon said:

Please expand - perhaps best in a separate topic (even just some beginner/idiot-friendly links explaining the basics would be welcome as far as I'm concerned).

Ahrefs have a good beginner guide, and they have made a lot of blog posts and youtube videos on the subject.
    https://ahrefs.com/seo

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin nyamenk
  • User-agent: *
    Disallow: /

is best :p

Thanked by (1)imok