HostDoc vs ReliableSite - LA Shutdown Imminent

2»

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2019

The real mtwiscool could not string a sentence together, he had genuine issues which it is known he was receiving care for, it was a travesty that he was given unsupervised access to a computer, it would be very obvious if it was him.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• LeeLee OG
    edited December 2019

vpsgeek said: Robert Clarke was involved in hack & DDoS episodes or something else?

He used a Solus exploit to delete a large number of VM's from Ramnodes servers and possibly others.

vpsgeek said: From what I remember of his behavior it could never be real mtwiscool.

It's him, he has been talking about it on chat elsewhere.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek
  • uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

wow, the more you know ....

so now I have an guilt-free excuse to keep my account active there, for proactive shitposting so as to fend off @Chris_Fugazi's nefarious usurpers? :astonished:

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @HostDoc if you need any help, even just a bit of short term extra man power on different time zones answering tickets feel free to reach out, obviously free.

That's a generous offer Anthony :) I've had to recently step down quite a bit from being able to donate my time to helping man the chat and answer tickets, due to other commitments, so perhaps @HostDoc might take you up on that offer.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @Lee said:

vpsgeek said: Robert Clarke was involved in hack & DDoS episodes or something else?

He used a Solus exploit to delete a large number of VM's from Ramnodes servers and possibly others.

vpsgeek said: From what I remember of his behavior it could never be real mtwiscool.

It's him, he has been talking about it on chat elsewhere.

Y’all remember sonwebhost?

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@AnthonySmith said:
    @HostDoc if you need any help, even just a bit of short term extra man power on different time zones answering tickets feel free to reach out, obviously free.

R E S P E T C

Time to consolidate VPSes around few good anchor hosts, inception being one of them.

Thanked by (1)uptime

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@cybertech said:

@AnthonySmith said:

R E S P E T C

Time to consolidate VPSes around few good anchor hosts, inception being one of them.

:+1: for InceptionHosting - solid and stable service to be sure

I'm expecting a good possibility that with whatever lessons learned along the way, we'll be saying much the same for @HostDoc a few years down the road.

Shit happens. (And this was definitely not the good shit, unfortunately.) One can wallow in it and maybe even fling copious amounts of poo until the cows come home ... It's rare to see people able to just square their shoulders and shake it off, then do the work required to shovel all that bullshit into some more fertile ground - and grow with it.

In this situation, all things considered - I'm inclined to believe that there's more than a sufficient amount of superior potassium in the mix for a punter like me to bet on that better option coming to fruition before too long.

tl;dr: Be strong on plough @HostDoc! :)

Thanked by (2)vimalware dahartigan

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2019

@uptime said:

Shit happens. (And this was definitely not the good shit, unfortunately.) _ One can wallow in it and maybe even fling copious amounts of poo_ until the cows come home ... It's rare to see people able to just square their shoulders and shake it off, then do the work required to shovel all that bullshit into some more fertile ground - and grow with it.

I know situation may not be ideal for some but your wordsmithing would bring a smile to even those worst affected.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Is there the other side of story to read about?

Thanked by (1)uptime

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@vyas - thanks, it does tend to get dangerously close to a bunch of pompous blather more often than not :)

@deank - which other side ...? :smiley:

okay yeah - I think you might see a bit more of that on the old forum (with a post from MrRadic) - if you can wade through a lot of drama-baiting and gratuitous commentary there (to which I've now added just a weeeee bit, for great justice :trollface:)

It seems pretty clear to me at least that this current stress-fest is/was what one might charitably call a learning experience and generally a regretable situation for both @HostDoc and the customers who were enjoying that sweet i-9900 deal in Los Angeles ... while it lasted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do have a vested interest in seeing some more of that fine fine superfine potassium start flowing through the doc's pipeline down to my idle hands ... and have been through enough of these kinds of "wtf did I really say that?" situations in my own life to have a more sympathetic (and ultimately optimistic) perspective - so that's just my own two cents, for whatever it's worth.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

edited December 2019

Oh I am far from perfect, I have had some choice words with upstream hosts in the past that have not resulted in the best outcome, but regardless I know that feeling in the pit of your soul when a situation no matter the cause like this arises, if you care, it sucks that is the reason I offered some time.

Sometimes things are said in anger for the right reasons but with to much emotion injected and the outcome is not great.

The fact is that the big guy no longer needs to deal with the little guy once the fle bites get too annoying the same thing happens in reverse, inject a little bit of emotion and the result is a dead fle.

tl;dr it will blow over in time.

Thanked by (2)uptime vimalware

• yeah, its been solved now by @HostDoc, seems LA is not going down afterall so you can stop the backups

anyway, i am happy this was sorted out there's not that many good providers out there and @HostDoc I think is one of them

Thanked by (2)uptime HostDoc
  • @dahartigan has just alerted me to this thread. Now I understand @Lee comment on LET.

To clarify things, I felt as though there was nowhere to turn when all communication channels were cut off. This rightfully put me in a panick as to what may possibly happen going forward.

Yes, I totally agree, the announcement was as unprofessional as one can get. I had not slept in over a day, my mind was not in the correct frame to be making announcements but the situation seemed dire enough that some form of announcement had to be made in case of the worst.

My job is to ensure I keep clients online. Without knowing I could do that, I needed to make an announcement.

We send out many maintenance emails, newsletters, etc announcements when it is evident work needs to be carried out. Not once has any of those been reposted to LET so I honestly did not think the announcement would make it way to LET.

Yes, MrRadic blocked me but reading back, I do not blame this.
    There is nobody but myself to blame in all of this.

@AnthonySmith We have not always seen eye to eye but your gesture really warmed my heart. You are a great guy and I thank you for never deviating from being yourself. Thanks for the offer.

Thanked by (4)Lee uptime poisson vpsgeek

HostDoc said: @AnthonySmith We have not always seen eye to eye but your gesture really warmed my heart. You are a great guy and I thank you for never deviating from being yourself. Thanks for the offer.

No worries, if we have not seen eye to eye in the past I genuinely don't even remember, I am a blunt instrument, I lack finesse when dealing with people at times, its rarely if ever personal.

Thanked by (1)HostDoc

• andrejandrej Hosting ProviderOG

@HostDoc said:
    @dahartigan has just alerted me to this thread. Now I understand @Lee comment on LET.

To clarify things, I felt as though there was nowhere to turn when all communication channels were cut off. This rightfully put me in a panick as to what may possibly happen going forward.

Yes, I totally agree, the announcement was as unprofessional as one can get. I had not slept in over a day, my mind was not in the correct frame to be making announcements but the situation seemed dire enough that some form of announcement had to be made in case of the worst.

My job is to ensure I keep clients online. Without knowing I could do that, I needed to make an announcement.

We send out many maintenance emails, newsletters, etc announcements when it is evident work needs to be carried out. Not once has any of those been reposted to LET so I honestly did not think the announcement would make it way to LET.

Yes, MrRadic blocked me but reading back, I do not blame this.
    There is nobody but myself to blame in all of this.

@AnthonySmith We have not always seen eye to eye but your gesture really warmed my heart. You are a great guy and I thank you for never deviating from being yourself. Thanks for the offer.

Learn something from this. Consolidate and start building your own deployment. I had same issues and i did exactly the same thing what you will do now, but i took step forward and builded my own thing in Dallas in a year. And now everything is 10x better.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

drserver.net

• HostDoc said: Now I understand @Lee comment on LET.

As I said in follow up on LET, credit where credit is due, you thought about it, dealt with it and came back to admit you were in the wrong. It has been dealt with and that is what matters from a client perspective.

Thanked by (1)HostDoc
  • @AnthonySmith said:

HostDoc said: @AnthonySmith We have not always seen eye to eye but your gesture really warmed my heart. You are a great guy and I thank you for never deviating from being yourself. Thanks for the offer.

No worries, if we have not seen eye to eye in the past I genuinely don't even remember, I am a blunt instrument, I lack finesse when dealing with people at times, its rarely if ever personal.

Can confirm Anthony has had his cranky bastard moments ;)

Just yankin ya doodle Ant ;)

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• someshzadesomeshzade Hosting ProviderOG

Damn! :open_mouth:

Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Glad to see this is all solved now. I'm sure it'll benefit @HostDoc experience wise one way, or another :)

• deankdeank OG
    edited December 2019

There are indeed some who regularly have PMS.

I can name two regulars off top of my head. And there is one guy who seems to be in permanent PMS.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• AmitzAmitz OG
    edited December 2019

Robert Clarke once fucked RamNode big time by "testing" a brandnew exploit on Ramnode's Solus installation. Or was it WHMCS? No, I think it was Solus.

And that poor @mtwiscool guy... No words for that. I think in the meantime that CC would do everything for their criminal activities.

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• seriesn said: Y’all remember sonwebhost?

The son, who had an incomplete whmcs installation at that time ?

• @Rahul said:

seriesn said: Y’all remember sonwebhost?

The son, who had an incomplete whmcs installation at that time ?

Reading his wht and let posts were , let’s just say, fun.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@AnthonySmith said:
    I am a blunt instrument

Actual GB person spotted.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.