What's your go-to browser on your mobile phone??

2»

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Ympker said:
    @Nyr Thanks for clarifying! Didn't know that :) Maybe I'll give uBlock a shot.

@vyas I have heard about this one before, but somehow skipped it.

@bikegremlin Pure gold :D

Are those of you that use Chrome, or another default browser without extensions support , not annoyed by those Cookie Notions? Blocking Ads is one thing, but those cookie banners have really been getting annoying as they are the first thing you see on nearly any page..and they usually cover the whole screen. This made me switch to Kiwi (as I wanted a Chrome/-ium based solution). Firefox also has extensions support, but those of you who use Chrome @Radi Vivaldi ( @Nyr ), Edge @giang or other browsers: How do you deal with Cookies, or do you not really care about these pop-ups?

Man, check out:
    https://www.bike-components.de/

I'm considering making an alternative option, with a naked chick with big boobies jumping out at you!
    Say no to that! :)

It is annoying and pointless, at least we could make it fun. :)

Massive use of adblockers should seriously affect my websites' AdSense income.
    But if you don't add those annoying consent pop-ups, you aren't GDPR compliant...

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:
    @Nyr Thanks for clarifying! Didn't know that :) Maybe I'll give uBlock a shot.

@vyas I have heard about this one before, but somehow skipped it.

@bikegremlin Pure gold :D

Are those of you that use Chrome, or another default browser without extensions support , not annoyed by those Cookie Notions? Blocking Ads is one thing, but those cookie banners have really been getting annoying as they are the first thing you see on nearly any page..and they usually cover the whole screen. This made me switch to Kiwi (as I wanted a Chrome/-ium based solution). Firefox also has extensions support, but those of you who use Chrome @Radi Vivaldi ( @Nyr ), Edge @giang or other browsers: How do you deal with Cookies, or do you not really care about these pop-ups?

Man, check out:
    https://www.bike-components.de/

I'm considering making an alternative option, with a naked chick with big boobies jumping out at you!
    Say no to that! :)

It is annoying and pointless, at least we could make it fun. :)

Massive use of adblockers should seriously affect my websites' AdSense income.
    But if you don't add those annoying consent pop-ups, you aren't GDPR compliant...

Cookie Bouncer banner :D Lol. Creative indeed :D Yeah, these days, many people use AdBlockers (and/or cookie blockers) for well known reasons. I agree GDPR doesn't help in this regard, either.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @Mason said: Firefox w/ uBlock Origin addon

this, except that I don't sync tabs. Also Decentraleyes (on Desktop it spared me some 190k requests since installation)

• @MichaelCee said:
    +1 for Safari. Before I moved to iOS it was Firefox for many years and I always disabled Chrome.

I'm using as well Safari on my iPhone 12 it's great :D

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • On my phone I use Firefox Mobile with the uBlock Origin, ClearURLs, and Cultivate extensions.

Thanked by (2)AaronSS Ympker

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• @CamoYoshi said:
    On my phone I use Firefox Mobile with the uBlock Origin, ClearURLs, and Cultivate extensions.

You must be on android?

• Been using opera on Android along with Blokada.

• btw if you are using firefox on android, firefox nightly allows loading custom addon collction and select from full firefox addon list (not just 'recommended' list
    https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2020/09/29/expanded-extension-support-in-firefox-for-android-nightly/

• Been using Firefox and DuckDuckGo mostly (on Android). Used Firefox on iOS as well, but there it's all using Apple's webkit, I think ...
    Maybe I should look into plugins to kill gdpr/cookie popups ... (I prefer Firefox, but quite a few pages requires Chrome compatibility these days, sadly.)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • I mainly use Safari on iPhone and iPad. Just the best experience for me, also syncing is nice. I also have Chrome installed on both devices, for syncing with my MacBook.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • It used to be Firefox until they decided to f*ck with the UI and more in their typical Moz://a style. After that, I switched to Vivaldi and haven't looked back.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • LatonLaton OGContent Writer

I just use Firefox on both Desktop & Phone with quite a few add-ons for increase privacy; uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, HTTPS Everywhere and Decentraleyes. Apart from a few add-ons, which already have mobile apps.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Edge and Chrome user here + DOT with AdGuard Home.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Mobile phone I use Safari because its easy to increase font sizes, old man eyes is tuff to read shit, desktop is Firefox.

I have been using Brave some lately have been really liking it so far, not sure if its enough to switch.

• HostSlickHostSlick Hosting Provider
    edited December 2021

Chrome

Also is this some kind of easter egg?
    Once you have more then 100 tabs open it just displays a " : D " instead of the number right at the top

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited December 2021

@HostSlick said:
    Chrome

Also is this some kind of easter egg?
    Once you have more then 100 tabs open it just displays a " : D " instead of the number right at the top

First time?

I have a habbit of only closing tabs after I reach 100 so I don't have to see that

Edit : proof
    https://i.im.ge/2021/12/18/oz23FS.jpg

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• RadiRadi Hosting ProviderOG

@Ympker said:

My phone has a big screen (6.53'') and the popups are not big enough to clutter the screen so I can care. I don't do anything, just click on the "X" and forget it. When I clear browser history(which I do from time to time) and visit the same website, the procedure repeats.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Get some hosting at https://drserver.net .

edited December 2021

@Radi said:

@Ympker said:

My phone has a big screen (6.53'') and the popups are not big enough to clutter the screen so I can care. I don't do anything, just click on the "X" and forget it. When I clear browser history(which I do from time to time) and visit the same website, the procedure repeats.

Ah, that makes sense. Although, often there is not even an "X" on my screen, or I just don't see it for some websites.

There is no visible "X" here, for example:

Yellow button: Accept

Grey button: Settings

• Chrome and Samsung browser

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @AaronSS said:

@CamoYoshi said:
    On my phone I use Firefox Mobile with the uBlock Origin, ClearURLs, and Cultivate extensions.

You must be on android?

Yup, Android.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• Opera.

Built in adblocker and VPN, based on Chromium. Using ahaDNS.com too.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• quark

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • RadiRadi Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2021

@Ympker said:

@Radi said:

@Ympker said:

Ah, that makes sense. Although, often there is not even an "X" on my screen, or I just don't see it for some websites.

What happens when you try to click on the small space below the pop-up?

In such cases, I would just click the yellow button, as usually means "accept", read what I need and clear history on the browser. :smile:

Get some hosting at https://drserver.net .

edited December 2021

@Radi said:

@Ympker said:

@Radi said:

@Ympker said:

What happens when you try to click on the small space below the pop-up?

In such cases, I would just click the yellow button, as usually means "accept", read what I need and clear history on the browser. :smile:

I already tried clicking the small space below/above the pop-up. No success..
    Yeah, usually I am just too lazy then and just "accept" but still can be annoying if more sites like this one existed.