VirtFusion · NEW On-Premise Virtual Server Control Panel

2»

Comments

• VirtFusionVirtFusion Services Provider

@webcraft said:

@VirtFusion said:

@Falzo said: so you only have two prices. one for running the whole server as single VM within and one for the actual 'hypervisor with unlimited VMs'?

That's correct. I'll change the description of that hypervisor type. It can be multi-purpose. Either a single VM of any size or most likely a smart server which will be an option in VF soon.

What's the point of creating a single VM? I mean it's likely not for a customer hence the management layer appears like overhead to me. If you'd change your license to the amount of servers being allowed to be created with it, this makes it much more attractive to me because for personal instances, which don't require such an additional layer, I could also use a free product like Proxmox.

You'll be surprised how many virtualize the whole hypervisor for easy management purposes - Remember, I ran SolusVM for 10+yrs.

Thanked by (1)Amadex

VirtFusion Affordable, Reliable virtualization management software for the hosting industry · Connect with us on Discord

VirtFusion Affordable, Reliable virtualization management software for the hosting industry · Connect with us on Discord

• Suggestion: Make the 2FA field a single input field, instead of 6 individual ones.

It would be handy for the future in case you end up supporting something other than just 6-digit TOTP codes (e.g Yubikeys), but even right now it's a bit of a pain if you try to paste the 2FA code from clipboard (especially on a phone).

Thanked by (1)JeDaYoshi

@Decicus said:
    Suggestion: Make the 2FA field a single input field, instead of 6 individual ones.

It would be handy for the future in case you end up supporting something other than just 6-digit TOTP codes (e.g Yubikeys), but even right now it's a bit of a pain if you try to paste the 2FA code from clipboard (especially on a phone).

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll take another look to see what can be done to improve it 🙂

Thanked by (1)Decicus

• vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2022

@VirtFusion

Speaking purely from an "end user" (average Joe / Jen) perspective. So I am most likely not your intended audience, but your customer's customer.. However, having
    tested out the trial service by @MikeA (<-- thanks!)

Quick feedback:
    a. Panel loads fast, interface is clean, intuitive
    b. Minimal learning curve, a few steps and clicks and things were up and running.

Providing a generic feedback - have taken screenshots along my first look journey, might write a longer post over the weekend. Till then,
    Congratulations on an awesome product .

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:
    @VirtFusion

Speaking purely from an "end user" (average Joe / Jen) perspective. So I am most likely not your intended audience, but your customer's customer.. However, having
    tested out the trial service by @MikeA (<-- thanks!)

Quick feedback:
    a. Panel loads fast, interface is clean, intuitive
    b. Minimal learning curve, a few steps and clicks and things were up and running.

Providing a generic feedback - have taken screenshots along my first look journey, might write a longer post over the weekend. Till then,
    Congratulations on an awesome product .

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

You absolutely are my audience! I made it my mission to think about the end end user!

Looking forward to the longer post if you get chance.

Thanked by (1)vyas

• edited February 2022

Just installed a single server setup. Quite good so far, it appears to be easy to manage and the panel looks clean for the end user. Also good is the license condition right now (the current offer, not talking about the price itself), especially if I buy the single server now and can upgrade it later to unlimited when I decide to switch from current setup.
    Is there a place where you specify what is being installed on the UI/webpanel box, in case I'm going to use it for more services?

Pleased you like it :)

@webcraft said:
    Is there a place where you specify what is being installed on the UI/webpanel box, in case I'm going to use it for more services?

How do you mean? It should only be the UI that's installed on the server or in your case the hypervisor as well.

• @VirtFusion said:
    Pleased you like it :)

@webcraft said:

How do you mean? It should only be the UI that's installed on the server or in your case the hypervisor as well.

I was thinking about something like reverse proxies on used ports or a Jenkins installation. This might not be intented or best practice but right now I'm using virtfusion on a dev instance hence stability isn't vital but the resources should be used.

• I wrote a summary/ First Impressions on VirtFusion (my first impressions). Thanks for the correction/ input from VirtFusion in the post, and MikeA for the trial VPS for me to test.
    You can find the post at: https://l.amar.link/virtfusion

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee MikeA
  • @vyas said:
    I wrote a summary/ First Impressions on VirtFusion (my first impressions). Thanks for the correction/ input from VirtFusion in the post, and MikeA for the trial VPS for me to test.

Maybe use a link that doesn't look like an aff link: https://blog.amarvyas.in/saas-reviews/first-impressions-virtfusion-server-management-panel/

• @webcraft said:

@vyas said:
    I wrote a summary/ First Impressions on VirtFusion (my first impressions). Thanks for the correction/ input from VirtFusion in the post, and MikeA for the trial VPS for me to test.

Maybe use a link that doesn't look like an aff link:

I don’t do affiliate links. Thank you

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:

Great stuff - Thankyou!

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles vyas

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2022

Here is a PDF of the blog post / review in case anyone is interested. A comment was made about my previous link which gave the impression it was an affiliate link. Want to set the record straight. Happy reading!

https://img.gaatha.me/PdLoLx

To all, my apologies- my intention was to share my impressions about the Server Panel. But the conversation is going in a different direction. I will excuse myself out of here.

The link should lead you to a page that looks something link this:
    https://talk.lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/sb/0lp93b46vj0q.png

Thanked by (3)VirtFusion Ympker Not_Oles
  • KuroitKuroit Hosting Provider

@VirtFusion Great stuff! Just got 2 licenses for testing and to put in my tiny share of support for the product.

I'm yet to test everything but just wanted to ask if there is (or will be) migration tool to migrate from Virtualizor to VirtFusion, specially without or very little downtime.

https://www.kuroit.com - Managed cPanel Hosting & VPS Hosting in UK

@Kuroit said:
    @VirtFusion Great stuff! Just got 2 licenses for testing and to put in my tiny share of support for the product.

I'm yet to test everything but just wanted to ask if there is (or will be) migration tool to migrate from Virtualizor to VirtFusion, specially without or very little downtime.

Thanks for the support :)

There’s no official migration from Virtualizor yet. If Jump on our Discord, there is a pinned message in #general with basic instructions.

Thanked by (1)Kuroit

• Can you do installs from ISO as well or cloud-init only? What about BSD (e.g. FreeBSD) support?

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@webcraft said:
    Can you do installs from ISO as well or cloud-init only? What about BSD (e.g. FreeBSD) support?

Admin side you can add ISO from URL easily. BSD works fine with the proper template configuration. I have the latest FreeBSD from the official cloud image working perfectly.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• edited May 2022

@MikeA said:

@webcraft said:
    Can you do installs from ISO as well or cloud-init only? What about BSD (e.g. FreeBSD) support?

Admin side you can add ISO from URL easily. BSD works fine with the proper template configuration. I have the latest FreeBSD from the official cloud image working perfectly.

Ok thanks, but no custom iso from user side?

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@webcraft said:

@MikeA said:

@webcraft said:

No. It'd be nice, but also it would let users store ISOs on hypervisors, might be an issue for hypervisors with lower space for images.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

@webcraft said:

@MikeA said:

@webcraft said:

Not yet. Currently, an admin has to define the ISO. An ISO can be global (all users can see and use it) or assigned to a specific set of users.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• Does the UI server requires a license too? So like 1x single server for the UI and 1x unlimited license for the hypervisor node?

@webcraft said:
    Does the UI server requires a license too? So like 1x single server for the UI and 1x unlimited license for the hypervisor node?

Nope, the UI is free of charge.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• @VirtFusion said:

@webcraft said:
    Does the UI server requires a license too? So like 1x single server for the UI and 1x unlimited license for the hypervisor node?

Ok, what does the activate license parts means then? https://docs.virtfusion.com/installation-setup/control-debian-11/

@webcraft said:

@VirtFusion said:

@webcraft said:

Ok, what does the activate license parts means then? https://docs.virtfusion.com/installation-setup/control-debian-11/

It’s where you input the cluster license key or you activate the evaluation.

It’s once license per cluster. You configure the license with the amount of hypervisors you require.

• @VirtFusion said:

@webcraft said:

@VirtFusion said:

@webcraft said:

It’s once license per cluster. You configure the license with the amount of hypervisors you require.

Ohh ok, so if we need more hypervisors we need to update the license instead of ordering a new one? How can licenses be edited in your portal?

@webcraft said:

@VirtFusion said:

@webcraft said:

@VirtFusion said:

@webcraft said:

Ohh ok, so if we need more hypervisors we need to update the license instead of ordering a new one? How can licenses be edited in your portal?

Correct.

You click on the Manage button for the license within the portal and select the configurable options. Then just increment the amount of hypervisors.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• I've only briefly used VirtFusion from a consumer point of view, but I have to say this looks and functions phenomenal.

A welcome breath of fresh air compared to the quite honestly amateur user experiences that come from Virtualizor and ProxCP.

Thanked by (1)VirtFusion

@Yorkie said:
    I've only briefly used VirtFusion from a consumer point of view, but I have to say this looks and functions phenomenal.

A welcome breath of fresh air compared to the quite honestly amateur user experiences that come from Virtualizor and ProxCP.

🤩 Thanks! Pleased you like it. Our customers customers are the main priority. Its what most if not all the other panels fail to do well.

Thanked by (1)Yorkie