LowEndSpirit Is Not a For-Profit Site and Will Never Be Pay-to-Play

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited March 2022

welcome @VirMach ! havent bought any storage (that i dont need) yet, but if its posted on LES i wont hesitate to do so :)

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @mikho I'm blind. Ignore me. lol

Thanked by (1)mikho

🦍🍌

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

Maybe I should donate $100 every 6 months to LES instead of LET

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:
    Maybe I should donate $100 every 6 months to LES instead of LET

Do it! :smiley:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• It would be nice to see "Donator" or "Lobbyist" tag :D

• "LowEndAdvocate" role or just "Advocate" :smiley:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@legendary said:
    It would be nice to see "Donator" or "Lobbyist" tag :D

@TheDP said:
    "LowEndAdvocate" role or just "Advocate" :smiley:

One of the things @Mason an I have spoken about when it comes to hire a DEV is some automation in these kind of things.
    To use a modern word, ”gamification”, or some form of it.

Thanked by (3)TheDP Ympker FrankZ

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@mikho said:

@legendary said:

@TheDP said:

One of the things @Mason an I have spoken about when it comes to hire a DEV is some automation in these kind of things.

Maybe have a look at Bounty Source for inspiration in that regard :)
    https://bountysource.com/

• edited March 2022

@mikho said:

@legendary said:

@TheDP said:

Or, just move to Discourse :tongue: They have a lot of this functionality in the core.

Thanked by (3)dosai beagle Unixfy
  • @KermEd said:
    Hmm so complete side question. Donations help. What else can we do to help?

Might be a strange one and not directly aimed at you, but in general: keep it friendly overhere.

This isn't a toxic environment like LET, where you have regulars ridiculing MJJ's and n00bs all the while fighting each other and you need a batallion of mods and admins. This is a non-toxic place, run by M&M.

Thanked by (2)Ympker beagle
  • @debaser said: This is a non-toxic place, run by M&M.

I like skittles more. Drama is not just "ridiculing MJJ's and n00bs", drama helps to shake, otherwise pretty boring, daily routine. And as a subproduct, uncontrolled drama's generate toxic plague which overtime may poison community. But that's where mods come in and lock the thread before it goes out of hand.

Thanked by (2)pikachu yoursunny
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@stevewatson301 said:

@mikho said:

@legendary said:

@TheDP said:

Or, just move to Discourse :tongue: They have a lot of this functionality in the core.

Thanked by (4)Aidan FrankZ Falzo benz

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @legendary said:

@debaser said: This is a non-toxic place, run by M&M.

I like skittles more. Drama is not just "ridiculing MJJ's and n00bs", drama helps to shake, otherwise pretty boring, daily routine. And as a subproduct, uncontrolled drama's generate toxic plague which overtime may poison community. But that's where mods come in and lock the thread before it goes out of hand.

I didn't talk about drama threads. But let's be honest: they're usually pretty toxic too.

Thanked by (1)Chievo
  • @debaser said:

@KermEd said:

Might be a strange one and not directly aimed at you, but in general: keep it friendly overhere.

This isn't a toxic environment like LET, where you have regulars ridiculing MJJ's and n00bs all the while fighting each other and you need a batallion of mods and admins. This is a non-toxic place, run by M&M.

I would like to propose a ban on the use of the term MJJ. I would suggest utilising the more inclusive term, ‘cunt’.

• @Nekki said: I would suggest utilising the more inclusive term, ‘cunt’.

And/or 'dique'.

Thanked by (4)Nekki debaser Falzo beagle

• @Nekki said:

@debaser said:

@KermEd said:

I would like to propose a ban on the use of the term MJJ. I would suggest utilising the more inclusive term, ‘cunt’.

I approve this message.

Fucking cunt would also be acceptable.

• @debaser said:

I approve this message.

Motion carried!

Thanked by (1)debaser
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Nekki said:

@debaser said:

@KermEd said:

I'm really glad I still have this, feels like a lifetime ago that I made it.

's/LET/LES/'

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @debaser said:

@Nekki said:

@debaser said:

@KermEd said:

I approve this message.

get a room you two! but... I like where this is going.

imagine the Easter Megathread at LES driven by @FAT32 , @Nekki , Emma Watson and a bunch of offer hunting cunts.

Thanked by (4)FAT32 nyamenk FrankZ Ganonk
  • @Falzo said: imagine the Easter Megathread at LES driven by @FAT32 , @Nekki , Emma Watson and a bunch of offer hunting cunts.

That'd be cuntastic!

• @Falzo said:

@debaser said:

@Nekki said:

@debaser said:

@KermEd said:

I approve this message.

imagine the Easter Megathread at LES driven by @FAT32 , @Nekki , Emma Watson and a bunch of offer hunting cunts.

Is that what folks here want?

Currently this forum evokes the image of a quiet country pub, where you can drop in for a pint and a chat anytime and the general volume never gets much above a whisper, except for when ol’ Ted falls asleep at the bar and starts snoring.

Do folka want a thrash metal band setting fire to their instruments in the corner one weekend?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

@mikho said:
    I've added an image with a link to the donorbox.
    Larger than the surrounding text, but still not intrusive.

Hope you like it?

Yep. Perfect :)

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• @Nekki said:

@Falzo said:

@debaser said:

@Nekki said:

@debaser said:

@KermEd said:

I approve this message.

Currently this forum evokes the image of a quiet country pub, where you can drop in for a pint and a chat anytime and the general volume never gets much above a whisper, except for when ol’ Ted falls asleep at the bar and starts snoring.

Do folka want a thrash metal band setting fire to their instruments in the corner one weekend?

Better to stay like usually like a country pub

Thanked by (2)Nekki flips

Dentistry is my passion

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited March 2022

@Nekki said: Is that what folks here want?

Most days no, but it would be nice to let our hair down in a mega thread once in a great while. Since @Nekki and @Fat32 are pros at that sort of thing nobody should get hurt too badly. The Emma Watson mega thread was a classic.

EDIT: Of course I may not be totally in touch with the vibe here yet.

Thanked by (2)debaser skorous

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2022

@Falzo said:

+Shakira

I am sure Ant would approve. (and post some awesome offers)

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @Nekki said:

@Falzo said:

@debaser said:

@Nekki said:

@debaser said:

@KermEd said:

I approve this message.

I live in the countryside. It's quiet, most people are friendy, we have one pub. But when it's easter we have a full blown music festival here. So why not? Shake thing up once in a while.

Thanked by (2)Erisa FrankZ
  • @Nekki said: Currently this forum evokes the image of a quiet country pub, where you can drop in for a pint and a chat anytime and the general volume never gets much above a whisper, except for when ol’ Ted falls asleep at the bar and starts snoring.

yeah, that's it!

I'd say yes, but maybe that's just me. we could simply ask the pub owners for permission I guess and/or make it a vote ^^

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Falzo said:

I'd say yes, but maybe that's just me. we could simply ask the pub owners for permission I guess and/or make it a vote ^^

I'm certainly in favor of some controlled chaos :)

Thanked by (4)FrankZ Falzo beagle Erisa

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:

@Falzo said:

The folks here need to be too. These things don’t work if it’s just a couple of people hyping at each other.

Thanked by (2)Mason Falzo
  • @Mason said:

@Falzo said:

Organised chaos is best.

Thanked by (1)Mason