What is the best option if I want to create an email using my domain name?

edited March 2022 in General

I have a domain name that ends with top and I want to make a mailbox with it. I know many platforms have this kind of service, but I want someone with experience to help me choose.
My daily requirement is to send and receive hundreds of emails every day, and I don't clean my mailbox very often. (Used as a notification email for a private forum)

Comments

• @spiritlhl said:
    I know that some platforms can bind a domain name and then use the domain email service, but I would like to get some opinions from others to help me choose.
    My daily requirement is to send and receive hundreds of emails every day, and I don't clean my mailbox very often. (Used as a notification email for a private forum)

It's not entirely clear what you're asking

If you need to send hundreds of emails everyday, you'd do best to use a mail-sending service like Amazon SES or MailChimp

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• It's not entirely clear what you're asking

If you need to send hundreds of emails everyday, you'd do best to use a mail-sending service like Amazon SES or MailChimp

I modified my description. Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them all.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Do you want both outgoing and incoming emails?

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• mxroute.com. No brainer.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • @legendary said:
    mxroute.com. No brainer.

I'm sure MX Route can handle it, but I can also see hundreds of forum email notifications a day stacking up in a mailbox being the sort of thing Jar might consider routing into a spam filter.

• edited March 2022

@ChefJoe said:

@legendary said:
    mxroute.com. No brainer.

I'm sure MX Route can handle it, but I can also see hundreds of forum email notifications a day stacking up in a mailbox being the sort of thing Jar might consider routing into a spam filter.

Indeed.

For ordinary email usage, MXroute is a great choice, but above, I took the OP's usage not to be ordinary email usage. (MXroute also has a limit of 300 emails per hour.)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• edited March 2022

I have a domain name that ends with top

Mind you multiple spam filters penalise the .top TLD during spam scores, including by MXRoute's themselves. Generally cheaper domains and e-mail don't play well due to the higher risk.

Otherwise, cheapest option would be MXRoute which gives you both incoming and outgoing emails, although 300/hour per account, and if you abuse this you will be booted. If you need more, move on to Amazon SES or SendGrid.

• @JeDaYoshi said:

I have a domain name that ends with top

Mind you multiple spam filters penalise the .top TLD during spam scores, including by MXRoute's themselves. Generally cheaper domains and e-mail don't play well due to the higher risk.

Otherwise, cheapest option would be MXRoute which gives you both incoming and outgoing emails, although 300/hour per account, and if you abuse this you will be booted. If you need more, move on to Amazon SES or SendGrid.

Perfect! I don't think its limitations affect my usage.

• edited March 2022

@mikho said:

Most of them are outgoing emails.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@spiritlhl said:

@mikho said:

Most of them are outgoing emails.

Mailing lists or forum notifications and such, Amazon SES.
    Then combine it with a shared hosting account somewhere for the regular emails.

Thanked by (1)spiritlhl

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Thanks to the advice of experienced people, my problem was solved.

Thanked by (1)ysdx