[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@FrankZ said:

@vyas said:
    Before @FrankZ does his usual bit **

**(not here please!!)

So what you are saying is @Mason scammed me? :anguished:

Hey now, @vyas... we don't bus-shame here.

Thanked by (4)FrankZ vyas bdl Falzo

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Abdullah said: Welcome :)
    Is custom ISO installation possible on these promotional plans ?

No. Custom ISO are not currently available, but netboot.xyz and many other ISOs are available in SolusVM.
    Looking for something specific?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said:

No. Custom ISO are not currently available, but netboot.xyz and many other ISOs are available in SolusVM.

I'm considering just swapping out the custom ISO feature (until we code something out) with Netboot.xyz -- any downside you or anyone else can think of?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint hubber
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

If I provider has netboot.xyz I can usually make it work from there, even if netboot.xyz does not offer what I am looking for in specific. So for me it works. I would be curious to hear what others say, as this is a more refined crowd then the OGF.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• OMG!! Party Time!!

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Love the LET hashtags!

• @VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

I'm considering just swapping out the custom ISO feature (until we code something out) with Netboot.xyz -- any downside you or anyone else can think of?

I've always preferred to just install via netboot.xyz anyway, since it's always up to date. The one use case for ISOs was for appliance VMs, but most projects have moved towards just shipping via Docker and don't produce them anymore, at least in my experience.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ yoursunny
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@FrankZ said:
    If I provider has netboot.xyz I can usually make it work from there, even if netboot.xyz does not offer what I am looking for in specific. So for me it works. I would be curious to hear what others say, as this is a more refined crowd then the OGF.

yeah same that works. but cannot get netboot iso even boot up on the ryzen vm , I have SanJose location.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

If one can't request a custom ISO, would it be possible to ask which ISOs are currently available in SolusVM?

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• I guess the "coming soon" information for the location other than the three availble is lying to me? I would love to see that offer in Amsterdam :(

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

@Abdullah said: yeah same that works. but cannot get netboot iso even boot up on the ryzen vm , I have SanJose location.

I am sure @VirMach should rectify that relatively soon as I have no problem booting netboot.xyz on Ryzen at the Tokyo, Phoenix, and Seattle locations.
    EDIT: @Abdullah can you post which node you are on in San Jose?

@Multi_ said:
    I guess the "coming soon" information for the location other than the three availble is lying to me? I would love to see that offer in Amsterdam :(

The "coming soon" locations are in various stages of shipping or setup at the DC. Amsterdam had some issues with shipping and customs so last I heard it was a bit behind the other locations. For now only the locations with instant setup are showing available. (even though they are manually activated)

Thanked by (3)Multi_ Abdullah skorous

• Viva La Virmach <3

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach
    Order Number is: 8925809118

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Welcome to LES <3

Thanked by (2)Ganonk FrankZ
  • Howdy @VirMach ! :-D
    That's a limited range of locations; any chance of a move when more become available? eg. WA -> NL.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• So... time to logout of OGF?

• Welcome @VirMach! 🥳🎊🎉🍺🍻🥂

Thanked by (2)VirMach Erisa
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@FAT32 said: So... time to logout of OGF?

I'm still multi tasking VirMach threads. :sunglasses:
    Maybe I should make an alt on HostLoc 弗蘭克 Z

Thanked by (2)FAT32 skorous

• @FrankZ said:

That place disabled registration quite a while ago

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • williewillie OG
    edited April 2022

Niiiice, and in a surprisingly hard to get location too. Order # 7127431744.

Added: this took some clicking around for me to find, so for anyone trying to find the same thing: the way you add store credit from a credit card is https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=addfunds .

Added 2: I suddenly remember I have a $5/month Vultr instance at that same location, running something that really wants to be at that spot. So now I can cancel it. Sweet! The new vps is even cheaper than getting it for free.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Order Number is: 1773619181

• edited April 2022

I am afraid to say anything

all i want is my

Thanked by (3)VirMach FAT32 FrankZ
  • @Mason said:

@FrankZ said:

@vyas said:
    Before @FrankZ does his usual bit **

**(not here please!!)

So what you are saying is @Mason scammed me? :anguished:

Hey now, @vyas... we don't bus-shame here.

Well 1 was taken
    We are on 2….
    Leaves the field open
    For you-know-who
    Sometimes the bus,
    Others the choo-choo

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FAT32 said:
    So... time to logout of OGF?

Easter is coming up.
    Will you be hosting the megathread here instead of OGF?

Easter decoration on office door

Thanked by (2)FAT32 pikachu

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I was surprised to see only a few STORAGE-4T left in stock and the promo code is still valid!

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Last three order IDs have been activated (the others already activated.) Unless you posted while I was writing this reply.

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Howdy @VirMach ! :-D
    That's a limited range of locations; any chance of a move when more become available? eg. WA -> NL.

I'm trying my best to get all these out ASAP but it's difficult to do when UPS keeps fumbling the ball and I also have to do all that in addition to my current workload. Unfortunately that means some delays. For Amsterdam, UPS finally today contacted their brokerage people there and then the brokerage people asked something in code (I'm CC'd in the email chain) and nothing else all day...

Atlanta will be up later today, as will Denver, and Dallas.

Frankfurt will probably end up being available before Amsterdam the way things are going. Frankfurt is with xTom and they helped us with Tokyo customs and will also help with Frankfurt. Top notch service from them so far, beyond anything we expected honestly.

Chicago is getting PDUs and switches.

Secaucus has a freight palette that's been sitting there for a week now because UPS can't get their shit together in our area I guess? I still need to unload it and box them individually.

Los Angeles has an incompatibility between the switch and fiber that I didn't realize initially so that's waiting on a switch, otherwise a few servers are there already. This is completely my fault though, I didn't realize EX4300 only supports 40Gbps and no transceiver that can bring that down to 10Gbps. Plus with our luck the only way it can be done is a "module" you add to it and that module is something like $2,000 just to get an SFP+ port in there, insane.

Miami is still being negotiated, I'm just mentioning that one because it's on our new map on our website.

@FrankZ said:

@FAT32 said: So... time to logout of OGF?

I still need to get an account on HostLoc, it'd be fun to do something there once we hire some interns. I haven't kept up with all the other places though, what's OGF? I'm not good with acronyms.

• @VirMach said:
    I still need to get an account on HostLoc, it'd be fun to do something there once we hire some interns. I haven't kept up with all the other places though, what's OGF? I'm not good with acronyms.

Other Green Forum

Thanked by (3)tototo nyamenk storm
  • OGF = LET (original green forum). What was that about a promo code for storage? /Me always wants storage.

Thanked by (1)tototo
  • @yoursunny said:
    Easter is coming up.
    Will you be hosting the megathread here instead of OGF?

That's a tough question because Host Rep can only post offer in megathread... if I dont do it there then Host Rep can't post :sweat:

Thanked by (2)tototo FrankZ
  • TheDPTheDP OG
    edited April 2022

FAT16 there and FAT16 here.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

This discussion has been closed.