[mrVM] - 5 x 256MB VPS for $15 p/YEAR! * or * 3 x 256MB for $9 !! ONLY 50 available!

2»

Comments

• I have always loved the NAT VPS idea but with changing requirements "My requirements" I haven't got as many as I usually do, @mikho is a great choice for them along with @AnthonySmith and @cam.

I might just have to have a look for some more ;)

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • I just got one. I hope i'm still in time

• @mikho Any known issues with Singapore? After reimaging with the Debian 10 image, it just refuses to boot :(

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Daniel said:
    @mikho Any known issues with Singapore? After reimaging with the Debian 10 image, it just refuses to boot :(

I had one ticket about it earlier.
    Will have a check in the morning, was about to go to bed now.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Daniel said: After reimaging with the Debian 10 image, it just refuses to boot

I think maybe @cam also would be interested in this (seen a similar issue on one server) ...

• @mikho said:

@donB said:
    Singapore $3/yr has stocked out already! Timezones.. :(

Restocked again, had to temporary set them as OOS until I provisioned all orders.
    10 more 256mb and 10 128mb in that location!!

One of them is mine. I ended up with something this Black Friday after all. > @vyas said:

@poisson said:

One of them is mine. I ended up with something this Black Friday after all.

Smart aren't we? Tempting others to spend their $$ while protecting your own :-)

Which one did you get by the way? I am guessing the "Asia package" but 256 MB or 128 MB option?

I got the Asia 256mb package. I am leaving my beastly PC in my university to run AI stuff 24/7 but because of the university's NAT, I needed a cheap VPS in Asia (latency issues) to RDP by tunnelling through SSH on the VPS and now I got it with two other spares. :)

Thanked by (1)vyas

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Twice yesterday I tried to order, both times something came up and the network got disconnected (ordering from mobile, grr.. elevators. more grr..) No regrets- just checked- the SG standalone ones are available still at regular price. That's the one I was most interested in, might get it separately later.

Thanked by (1)mikho

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Got the APAC bundle, nice.
    When I pressed re-install on SG, there was two debian10 in the list. Maybe one of them was debian9?

@lgsin said:
    Got the APAC bundle, nice.
    When I pressed re-install on SG, there was two debian10 in the list. Maybe one of them was debian9?

Actually no, they actually is listed twice :)
    I’ve removed one and it should show only one by now.

Thanked by (1)lgsin

• i want oneeee! =(

• @mikho can you AlpineOS image? <3

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@foxone There isn't one for OpenVZ, but you can install Debian and use this script- https://gist.github.com/trimsj/c1fefd650b5f49ceb8f3efc1b6a1404d

Thanked by (1)mikho

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• @WSS said:
    @foxone There isn't one for OpenVZ, but you can install Debian and use this script- https://gist.github.com/trimsj/c1fefd650b5f49ceb8f3efc1b6a1404d

Thank you my darling

• flipsflips OG
    edited December 2019

@WSS said:

Ooh, I guess it should work with CentOS/whatever as well... :)

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@flips said:

@WSS said:

Ooh, I guess it should work with CentOS/whatever as well... :)

Should, but haven't tried.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• htgyhtgy OG
    edited December 2019

I bought a USA bundle, they are pretty good.
    I got a small problem with my US-NY node nat vps: the ipv4 with that vps is fine, but the ipv6 is not working.
    I have submitted a ticket(#252582) for this but no respose for 3 days.

• LES is not your help desk
    They are community support.

Action and Reaction in history

• @mikho - can you post updated looking glasses for the new locations (seems like you have Bucharest RO, Milan IT, US-New York, US-Seattle). I hope there'll be a bundle-up offer for existing bundle customers to increase their idling world dominion.

I hope New York is New York City (or thereabouts) and not a certain upstate New York location.

Also any word on taking over @AnthonySmith's LES Japan location as yet?

• @nullnothere said:
    Also any word on taking over AnthonySmith's LES Japan location as yet?

Recent one is in this thread

mikho said:
    Even if the price is nowhere near the other locations?

Thanked by (1)nullnothere
  • nullnothere said: can you post updated looking glasses for the new locations (seems like you have Bucharest RO, Milan IT, US-New York, US-Seattle)

I've got Milan via MrVM on https://beta.dnstools.ws/ if you want to try pings/traceroutes.

@nullnothere said:
    @mikho - can you post updated looking glasses for the new locations (seems like you have Bucharest RO, Milan IT, US-New York, US-Seattle). I hope there'll be a bundle-up offer for existing bundle customers to increase their idling world dominion.

I hope I will get around to inatalling the looking glass this weekend.

@nullnothere said:
    Also any word on taking over @AnthonySmith's LES Japan location as yet?

I’m still looking at alternatives. I have a backup plan, but there is something ”better” that I’m hoping for.

@htgy said:
    I bought a USA bundle, they are pretty good.
    I got a small problem with my US-NY node nat vps: the ipv4 with that vps is fine, but the ipv6 is not working.
    I have submitted a ticket(#252582) for this but no respose for 3 days.

Known issue, working on it, seems to be a node/routing issue.
    Looks like the node changes the vps gateway to the nodes own ipv6.

Thanked by (2)salakis nullnothere

• @Daniel said: I've got Milan via MrVM

Looks like you're behind CF - so I can't really ping to get a sense of latencies. No worries though (and thanks for the offer!)

@mikho said: I hope I will get around to installing the looking glass this weekend.

That will be nice. I'll wait to figure out which part of the world to colonize idle-ise next.

Of course one could argue that if you are truly idling, latency doesn't matter.

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • DanielDaniel OG
    edited December 2019

nullnothere said: Looks like you're behind CF - so I can't really ping to get a sense of latencies.

I meant that the site I linked to lets you send pings from a bunch of locations around the world, and the "Italy" location is MrVM in Milan :) the site is behind Cloudflare because it used to sometimes get DDoS traffic and CF helped a lot.

If you want to see latency from your location, you can try ping it01.d.sb which is my MrVM VPS in Milan.

Edit: 193.234.225.89 is the public shared IPv4 in case you want to test IPv4 pings too.

Thanked by (2)nullnothere mikho
  • @Daniel said:

nullnothere said: Looks like you're behind CF - so I can't really ping to get a sense of latencies.

I meant that the site I linked to lets you send pings from a bunch of locations around the world, and the "Italy" location is MrVM in Milan :) the site is behind Cloudflare because it used to sometimes get DDoS traffic and CF helped a lot.

If you want to see latency from your location, you can try ping it01.d.sb which is my MrVM VPS in Milan.

Edit: 193.234.225.89 is the public shared IPv4 in case you want to test IPv4 pings too.

Nice tool, Daniel. Tried playing around with it, discovered a few oops'es on a couple of my sites already. :-)

Squats are the new Push-ups