MaxKVM deadpool?

2»

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2022

@angstrom said:
    It would be interesting to learn what really happened, but until @MaxKVM decides to say more, we can only speculate

Based on some past discussions on ogf, one is given to understand that “free speech” and piracy/dmca noncompliance go hand in hand ?? That may not be the case here, but correlation exists.

From the call to arms post which the learned and the wise know where to find

Please tell this company that you support free speech

• @vyas said:

@angstrom said:
    It would be interesting to learn what really happened, but until @MaxKVM decides to say more, we can only speculate

Based on some past discussions on ogf, one is given to understand that “free speech” and piracy/dmca noncompliance go hand in hand ?? That may not be the case here, but correlation exists.

From the call to arms post which the learned and the wise know where to find

Please tell this company that you support free speech

maybe due to elon being a twitter, the flavour of the day is/was "free speech"? :lol:

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • I feel like LET is really hostile changing the title destroying ones bussines while LES simply delete it. even though he deserve it, I feel pity seeing him begging to change the title back. I bet he is now crying, regreting posting on the other forum
    the mod here is better 😁

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@selalumenang said:
    I feel like LET is really hostile changing the title destroying ones bussines while LES simply delete it. even though he deserve it, I feel pity seeing him begging to change the title back. I bet he is now crying, regreting posting on the other forum
    the mod here is better 😁

one is a community; the other is a business

Thanked by (4)Amadex mikho FrankZ pikachu

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @selalumenang said:
    I feel like LET is really hostile changing the title destroying ones bussines while LES simply delete it. even though he deserve it, I feel pity seeing him begging to change the title back. I bet he is now crying, regreting posting on the other forum
    the mod here is better 😁

But his customers were crying. I bet you're not his customer.

• @cgs3238 said:
    But his customers were crying. I bet you're not his customer.

Surely nobody is crying over a low end VPS. 🤐

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FrankZ
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG
    edited April 2022

@selalumenang said:
    the mod here is better 😁

We have all done things we regret afterwards and wish we had done differently.

That thread, and email was/is such a thing. And I knew we could have a rational talk about the situation here without throwing shit at eachother.

OGF lives of drama and bad blood.
    Thats why this place acctually live by the rule ”don’t be a dick”.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• edited April 2022

@mikho said:

@selalumenang said:
    the mod here is better 😁

That thread, and email was/is such a thing. And I knew we could have a rational talk about the situation here without throwing shit at eachother.

One could see situation differently. Maxkvm is destined to deadpool without upstream. Warning people will help to avoid alpharacks, hostsolutions, gvh scenario when false promisses and/or false excuses issued for those who are gulible.

Drama promotes discussion and healthy activity on the given topic due to emotions. Hardcore trolling on the other hand is harmful.

Now I must read OGF to see things evolving and gatherany relevant information bit.

• All my VPS (lx, ny, tx) are online. Not deadpool to me.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • If one actually cries over a low end VPS, he needs to see a doctor.

Thanked by (3)aveline adly FrankZ

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    If one actually cries over a low end VPS, he needs to see a doctor.

What if the one who cries is the doctor?

Thanked by (2)Logano terrorgen
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@legendary said:

@mikho said:

@selalumenang said:
    the mod here is better 😁

One could see situation differently. Maxkvm is destined to deadpool without upstream. Warning people will help to avoid alpharacks, hostsolutions, gvh scenario when false promisses and/or false excuses issued for those who are gulible.

Drama promotes discussion and healthy activity on the given topic due to emotions. Hardcore trolling on the other hand is harmful.

Now I must read OGF to see things evolving and gatherany relevant information bit.

How about having the same discussion here, without namecalling and shit throwing.
    Be emotional, but read your text once more before you press ”post comment”.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• so they are back up https://status.maxkvm.com

All looking glass working except lax. I don't have a server there anymore, so can't check whether it's true or not

• They're "up" but if Hivelocity terminates them they're instantly dead.

• I'm calling it a deadpool.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @legendary said:

@deank said:
    If one actually cries over a low end VPS, he needs to see a doctor.

What if the one who cries is the doctor?

Do you think a doctor is an immortal? A doctor is just an educated turd like us. He will need to see a doc.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

@dahartigan said:
    I'm calling it a deadpool.

It may happen, and I have the head stone ready, but IMHO it is still too early to carve their name on it.

I expect they are looking for a new upstream and a migration email will be forthcoming.
    Time will tell which way it goes.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    I expect they are looking for a new upstream

Probably, but as they don’t own their servers that’ll be a tough task.