[LF] Someone to optimize a wordpress site.

armandorgarmandorg Services Provider

As title says, i have a wordpress website for a client.

The wordpress site is running in these specs:
4 cores CPU[shared],
4 GB RAM,
4TB Bandwidth,
1GB network... etc etc.

Now the site is using woocommerce and has plenty of products online. I have tried my best to optimize it but appearntly i am failing and the site takes so many seconds to load. Client has been complaining.

I will give the website link to anyone interested and that thinks that they might optimize code or something that is really slowing it down so much.

Paid job ofcourse, let me know here or through PM so i can send link.

Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
WHMCS.design - WHMCS Themes | Blesta.shop - Blesta Themes

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

First things first, I assume you already verified the machine is performing as expected? Make sure the compute/network aren't the bottleneck before spending too much time trying to optimize.

Thanked by (2)Ympker Ryujin

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited April 2022

Just tl;dr what I posted in the other thread already:
    Take a backup.
    Try ShortPixel and WP Optimize.
    Try cloning your site onto another infrastructure. Often a highly performant shared hosting plan (Hostmantis, Ramnose, MyW, Kinsta) can outperform a (badly optimized) VPS. The vps could have 12GB RAM for that matter. If it's not optimized a shared hosting can be faster. Most shared hosting providers also come with Litespeed and LSCache making things even smoother.

Thanked by (2)armandorg bikegremlin
  • I can take a look, just trying to help, wont need or accept payment, wordpress + woocommerce is heavy on php so caching can probably solve it if not done yet.

Need additional info

Webserver used
    php version
    php extensions like opcache enabled?
    Any caching & image optimization plugins used for wordpress?
    Any cdn used?

Lastly, if the vps cpu itself is weak, that might be the issue, the faster the cpu, the quicker php can execute without caching. In my honest opinion the best type of machine for dynamic sites is bare metal especially if its a large site.

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

Didn't you ask this question a few months back, when you decided you don't want to pay for no CDN or anything? Or was it someone else (don't remember whenever it was on LES or OGF

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• If you have spent many times already optimizing the website, still it's not performing as expected, then the problem could be your hosting server itself. An optimized managed WordPress hosting could outperform a VPS setup.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

STROMONIC.COM - Web Hosting, Reseller, Managed WP, VPS, GPU & Dedicated Servers!
    Data Centers: India, Finland, Canada, Bulgaria, United States
    Custom Quotation: [email protected]

• vyasvyas OG
    edited May 2022

Hosting: I do not have any experience and therefore no opinion about the current host they use, but the name rings a bell.
    I have sent a few thoughts to OP - posting generic information here as summary....

@skorupion said:

CDN

I highly recommend for the site in question.

@Ympker said:
    Try ShortPixel and WP Optimize.
    Try cloning your site onto another infrastructure. Often a highly performant shared hosting plan ...... Most shared hosting providers also come with Litespeed and LSCache making things even smoother.

Good checkpoints, but excluding hosting issue for now...

I think the issue lies somewhere between hosting pagebuilder and images and plugins based on the first look. LS is probably an overkill.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • absolutely woocommerce is hungry resource (hosting)

• johnkjohnk Hosting Provider

I mean, really, you need more details to say anything. Server? Frontend? Network? Could be anything, with divergent resolution paths.

What is causing the "so many seconds to load"? How are you measuring it? GTMetrix/Pingdom will help you differentiate where to look.

Thanked by (2)chimichurri vyas
  • @johnk said:
    I mean, really, you need more details to say anything. Server? Frontend? Network? Could be anything, with divergent resolution paths.

What is causing the "so many seconds to load"? How are you measuring it? GTMetrix/Pingdom will help you differentiate where to look.

Yup. Some interesting observations there. Lucky op is in EU so no ADA yadaa yadaa. That means lighthouse / pagespeed not needed

• armandorgarmandorg Services Provider

Thank you everyone for the PM's and replies with the suggestions. Also some PM's i still haven't responded yet to provide more info is due to me trying to fix this myself with some tests recommended here.

Currently disabled my wp-cache and installed wp-optimize from @Ympker recommendation. Updated a few plugins which were not updated and somehow it made some conflicts/error in the site which i'm currently looking with my host.

As soon as the website is properly working i will again test all plugins/theme by disabling them and re-enabling.

If things still don't go the way i expect them i will try a different managed wordpress hosting or other VPS for testing purposes to see if it's the provider.

Thank you again!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
    WHMCS.design - WHMCS Themes | Blesta.shop - Blesta Themes