Internxt 1TB lifetime deal - €75 (€25 off) for next 24 hours

13»

Comments

• @angstrom said: Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the "media" coverage seems to come from Spain, or is there a convincing piece somewhere that doesn't come from Spain?

TechRepublic and It's FOSS had something written about them.

Thanked by (1)angstrom

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Koofr is 10 GB for new accounts. Free
    So is pCloud. No marketing gimmicks

I with Internxt well but the signs point towards a burnout.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • @Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:
    Just curious: if one signs up, do they give a download link to the desktop client? I don't see a page about this on their site.

Is not available here? https://internxt.com/drive

Oh, of course: I scrolled down that page too quickly! =)

If not, once you login to view your files on web there is a "Desktop App" button on the left hand side (downloads .deb file for me).

Okay. :)

You can create a free acc with 2GB space to give it a try :)

Only 2GB and not 10GB? I thought that it was "Enjoy up to 10GB forever" :)

Yeah. 10GB if you invite x people ;) Marketing Gimmick. That's why it says "up to" :P

Oh, I see, clever: they would have fooled me!

I think that I can resist this one :)

Is the whole thing (clients and server) really open source? (They seem to say that it is.)

If so, then couldn't one in principle self-host an Internxt server?

Yeah, that's why I warned you :D

It seems like it is (for the most part?!): https://github.com/internxt

The idea once was that everyone can host an Internxt server. That idea, however, got abolished 1-2 years ago iirc, because private contributors were just not reliable enough. Now, it's businesses/DCs only.

Yeah, I took a look at their GitHub, but there's virtually no documentation available, so they clearly don't intend for Internxt to be self-hosted, and I strongly suspect that there's a (non-open-source) piece or two (or three) missing that would prevent it from working even if one tried to figure it out without documentation.

So, yeah, "open source".

Thanked by (2)Ympker root

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• BarryHerculesBarryHercules OGRetired
    edited April 2022

@vyas said:
    Koofr is 10 GB for new accounts. Free

Everyone does the ‘here’s a bit free, now earn some more’, don’t they’? Dropbox definitely did.

I got 50GB free with Box from when they started, obviously before they realised that’s more than most people need.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2022

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

Everyone does the ‘here’s a bit free, now earn some more’, don’t they’? Dropbox definitely did.

I got 50GB free with Box from when they started, obviously before they realised that’s more than most people need.

Freemium is a standard practice for most ASS er SaaS providers. Should not come as a surprise. Remember MEGA 50 GB free before they dropped to 15 GB?

p.s: I signed up for 1024 GB "Free" storage today. They offer additional 1 TB - so upto 2 TB free - through referrals. Clock has started ticking on their lifespan.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:
    Just curious: if one signs up, do they give a download link to the desktop client? I don't see a page about this on their site.

Is not available here? https://internxt.com/drive

Oh, of course: I scrolled down that page too quickly! =)

If not, once you login to view your files on web there is a "Desktop App" button on the left hand side (downloads .deb file for me).

Okay. :)

You can create a free acc with 2GB space to give it a try :)

Only 2GB and not 10GB? I thought that it was "Enjoy up to 10GB forever" :)

Yeah. 10GB if you invite x people ;) Marketing Gimmick. That's why it says "up to" :P

Oh, I see, clever: they would have fooled me!

I think that I can resist this one :)

Is the whole thing (clients and server) really open source? (They seem to say that it is.)

If so, then couldn't one in principle self-host an Internxt server?

Yeah, that's why I warned you :D

It seems like it is (for the most part?!): https://github.com/internxt

The idea once was that everyone can host an Internxt server. That idea, however, got abolished 1-2 years ago iirc, because private contributors were just not reliable enough. Now, it's businesses/DCs only.

Yeah, I took a look at their GitHub, but there's virtually no documentation available, so they clearly don't intend for Internxt to be self-hosted, and I strongly suspect that there's a (non-open-source) piece or two (or three) missing that would prevent it from working even if one tried to figure it out without documentation.

So, yeah, "open source".

I mean, Blesta also has a small part encrypted. I like that they at least are having a large part (probably) of their code as open-source. That being said, I wouldn't mind if they were closed source, either.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • flipsflips OG
    edited April 2022

@BarryHercules said:

I think I even grabbed 100 GB with Box at some point (promo or whatever, don't remember).
    But then they added a file size limit of 100 MB or something for the non-paying accounts, so it's not that usable. :tongue:

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @vyas said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

Freemium is a standard practice for most ASS er SaaS providers. Should not come as a surprise. Remember MEGA 50 GB free before they dropped to 15 GB?

p.s: I signed up for 1024 GB "Free" storage today. They offer additional 1 TB - so upto 2 TB free - through referrals. Clock has started ticking on their lifespan.

I don't get your point.

Who are you referring to in your P.S.?

• @BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

I don't get your point.

Hint: Chinese company

• @add_iT said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

I don't get your point.

What are you giving me a hint? Is it a fucking secret or something?

• edited April 2022

@BarryHercules said:

@add_iT said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

I don't get your point.

you can google it "1024 GB "Free" storage " and there it is

Thanked by (3)tridinebandim vyas BHS
  • got on the boat, lets hope not to sink at least in a few years =)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @add_iT said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

I don't get your point.

The very reason I used a new email account from their “approved” email hosts

• @add_iT said:

@BarryHercules said:

@add_iT said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

@BarryHercules said:

@vyas said:

I don't get your point.

you can google it "1024 GB "Free" storage " and there it is

I have lost any and all interest.

Thanked by (4)Ympker skorous Rengar bruh21
  • ChievoChievo OG
    edited May 2022

Hopefully is not going to be another toy after finishing the angel money on the project like another projects from same place. I mean we know some companies different sectors but same angel funding. They appear on the news . pay some money to the press. And when the project must start working on it is funds. Kaput. Hopefully i am wrong. Same story like another brands from Spain. Unfortunately true.

Maths speaking 20x30 k = 600k in salaries and they are doing what appears on media 3Millions per year. I do not know if would be a viable project.

Dentistry is my passion

• why don't people just buy SSD storages?

• @selalumenang said:
    why don't people just buy SSD storages?

They do. A solid backup strategy has both on and offsite storage.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @zcorps said:
    code is expired

Of course it is, it was a 24 hour deal as per the thread title, you're several days too late.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited May 2022

@BarryHercules said:

@zcorps said:
    code is expired

Of course it is, it was a 24 hour deal as per the thread title, you're several days too late.

Time is relative.

Some cannot read.

Many reasons. Unfair to judge.

• @vyas said: Time is relative.

Perception of time is relative, however that's not relevant here.

Some cannot read.

If you can read well enough to understand what the OP is about and try to order something, you can read the timestamps.

Many reasons. Unfair to judge.

I couldn't care less. You're not getting an invite to my next party, narc.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited May 2022

@BarryHercules said:

You're not getting an invite to my next party, narc.

That is the real heartbreaker here

• BarryHerculesBarryHercules OGRetired
    edited May 2022

@vyas said: That is the real heartbreaker here

Bring a decent selection of canapés and perhaps I'll reconsider.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2022

@BarryHercules said:

@selalumenang said:
    why don't people just buy SSD storages?

They do. A solid backup strategy has both on and offsite storage.

Agree. It's just that ppl don't usually post "I just bought a 1TB SSD" here. That's why it may look like people are just using cloud storage. Like already has been said, a good backup strategy has both.