Windscribe Free Account - Get 20GB data/month for life!

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

With the code EXPAND20 you will be able to use 20GB/month on your free Windscribe account for life. You need to have a registered free account with e-mail confirmed to redeem.
Not as good as the old REDDIT50 code (50GB), but still decent.

Servers accessible with the free Account:

• US Central
  • US East
  • US West
  • Canada East
  • Canada West
  • France
  • Germany
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Romania
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • Hong Kong

Comments

• Thank you, @Ympker! This should cover the seldom times in which I need a VPN!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Amitz said:
    Thank you, @Ympker! This should cover the seldom times in which I need a VPN!

You're welcome :)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Thanks!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Thanks @Ympker

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • No openvpn on free plan, you are limited to their apps.

@kalepond said:
    No openvpn on free plan, you are limited to their apps.

Yes. I am using their apps even with premium though, since they work. Technically in their app you can select ovpn protocol (iirc), so you basically even have ovpn with their free tier.

• @Ympker said: With the code EXPAND20 you will be able to use 20GB/month on your free Windscribe account for life. You need to have a registered free account with e-mail confirmed to redeem.

Turns out these free accounts are nag ware, they send you meaningless nagging emails too often for my taste. Do they ever send anything useful, or can I just filter their email? ;)

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@kalepond said:
    No openvpn on free plan, you are limited to their apps.

ugh that's bleak. Scratch that plan then

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

nice!

Anyone use the firetv windscribe app? its a bit funky, shows disconnected when it is connected if you exit then go back in, and it always pops up saying 10GB left for 3 seconds which then vanishes (I am on a pro plan) ?

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

@flips said:

@Ympker said: With the code EXPAND20 you will be able to use 20GB/month on your free Windscribe account for life. You need to have a registered free account with e-mail confirmed to redeem.

Turns out these free accounts are nag ware, they send you meaningless nagging emails too often for my taste. Do they ever send anything useful, or can I just filter their email? ;)

I wouldn't know, I use WS Pro :P

edited January 2020

@AnthonySmith said:
    nice!

Anyone use the firetv windscribe app? its a bit funky, shows disconnected when it is connected if you exit then go back in, and it always pops up saying 10GB left for 3 seconds which then vanishes (I am on a pro plan) ?

I have yet to experience a Fire TV VPN app that isn't buggy unfortunately. Ivacy, Fastest, VPN Unlimited didn't work without being buggy. For anything unblocking I use SmartDNS on Fire devices. You could install WS Windows app and enable "vpn hotspot" and connect FireTV to that wifi :)

• @Ympker said:

@flips said:

@Ympker said: With the code EXPAND20 you will be able to use 20GB/month on your free Windscribe account for life. You need to have a registered free account with e-mail confirmed to redeem.

Do they send important email/account related stuff from the noreply@ email address? ;)

edited January 2020

@flips said:

@Ympker said:

@flips said:

Do they send important email/account related stuff from the noreply@ email address? ;)

I hardly ever get emails from them, or I would have missed them.

• They do send a few emails. But they are little funny. May be I'm childish, but I do read them. There was an offer where they had 50gb free plan.
    I have that and I don't use it at all.
    If anyone wants to use it, send pm.
    Speeds are not very good, compared to nordvpn though. At least for me.
    Now I'm using wireguard on a VPS and it is very very fast compared to those. And in Android no battery drain.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Iroshan464 said:
    They do send a few emails. But they are little funny. May be I'm childish, but I do read them. There was an offer where they had 50gb free plan.
    Now I'm using wireguard on a VPS and it is very very fast compared to those. And in Android no battery drain.

Exactly! Wireguard is great for me! It's fast, lightweight!

• Speaking of emails, Windscribe recently sent me a $20.20 offer for the first year of Pro plan; from those actively using the service, is it worth it? It says that Pro plans have unmetered data transfer...has anyone already abused this? :smiley:

edited January 2020

@casadebamburojo said:
    Speaking of emails, Windscribe recently sent me a $20.20 offer for the first year of Pro plan; from those actively using the service, is it worth it? It says that Pro plans have unmetered data transfer...has anyone already abused this? :smiley:

I am happy with WS Pro for all its' extra gimmicks and features like ROBERT, Port Forwarding, personal whitelist/blacklist and cool features of the Windows client. Speeds are okay but for sure not the highest I have seen among VPN providers (Ivacy, FastestVPN, or VPN Unlimited sometimes are faster). Although, on WS Discord a couple of users report speeds of some 200+ Mbit/s so perhaps I am not tweaking it enough. WS Pro is still my favourite VPN I use as of now.
    Unblocking also works great (heya Flix JP!). I think no service should have to tolerate abusive behaviour.

Thanked by (1)casadebamburojo
  • @Ympker said: I think no service should have to tolerate abusive behaviour.

I mentioned that in jest, hoping someone would come forward with information about their fair use policy or how they cap heavy users (though in hindsight, I admit, it came off different, lol!)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @sonic said:

@Iroshan464 said:
    They do send a few emails. But they are little funny. May be I'm childish, but I do read them. There was an offer where they had 50gb free plan.

Yep.
    I managed to install it successfully on @cam's Canada NAT.
    You buy a few NATs here and there, and you have your own fast VPN collection.

Thanked by (1)sonic
  • @Iroshan464 said:

@sonic said:

@Iroshan464 said:

Yep.

I'm in full agreement with you! Buy cheap NAT every where and setting up your own VPN with Wireguard seems perfect!

• Thank you.

• can you send a link to @cam's Canada NAT?

Yep.

• m455m455 OG
    edited January 2020

@fattie said: can you send a link to @cam's Canada NAT?

or see more his VPS sites with superb prices here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3075616

• Does wireguard require TUN/TAP? Or is that for something else? :)

• edited January 2020

This Alien thinks that Free VPN's are Free for a Reason. Nothing bad against them, But I sure as hell wouldn't use it where Sensitive Data is concerned. Of course us Aliens are Very Paranoid and Security Conscious. I would get a VPS and Make my Own VPN to use ;)

VPS Aliens | AS207328 | Your Portal to Alien Class Servers & Support!
    █ VPS Solutions | Dedicated Servers | KVM VPS Reseller | 10Gbps Ports

edited January 2020

Gotta love WS server names :D
    @Amitz this smth for u huh?