[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited June 2022

@anandus said:
    I'm quite content about my servers and even though the speical offer is over I want to order some more.
    Virmach has different packages (eg Lite, non-Lite, etc). The 1 vCore 768Mb is exactly right for my purposes (not too light, not too heavy). What package offers similar cpu power?

Similar CPU would be any 1 vCore plan on Ryzen. RAM-wise you'd have to go 1GB. We only have 384MB, 512MB and 1GB right now. Actually, maybe that's pretty weird and I should just turn the 512 into 768. I'll think about it.

I guess the next logical step up would actually be 640MB but I don't really like that number. Or 704MB, yuck.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    RAM-wise you'd have to go 1GB. We only have 384MB, 512MB and 1GB right now. Actually, maybe that's pretty weird and I should just turn the 512 into 768. I'll think about it.

I guess the next logical step up would actually be 640MB but I don't really like that number. Or 704MB, yuck.

Make it 666 MB and @deank will buy it.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

edited June 2022

Private message me with your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, if any of you guys want a free XPG drive. Works great as a paperweight, they come with a heatsink unless I end up really needing the heatsinks. Let's put a deadline of June 5th so I don't get spammed too hard. Not guaranteed, no updates, no reply. Spam me and I'll intercept it and make sure you don't get it if it's already shipped off. You either get it or I'm VirMach and probably will either forget or someone living at your house in 23 years will receive a package in your name.

If you're international I'll send it as DOA and scrap value, let's say like $90, since that's what it essentially ends up being, or it might literally arrive DOA. 2TB and 4TB. RGB, non-RGB, Gen4, Gen3 mix. I want to stop having to look at them.

I reserve the right to not send you one if you already spammed this thread or if you're a new inactive account.

• Now that's really generous offer. People, have fun with donated drives.

• Requested.
    My desktop has only 240GB drive and it's full after compiling OpenWRT.
    I can really use a 2TB or 4TB drive.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited June 2022

• So you saying I can download all my p0rn & Steam games into Gen3+ NVMe drive, not that old spinning rust?!

Normally I would request one, but after winning GPU (and that bonus you put into my account :)) I will give other people a chance :D

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@VirMach said:
    Private message me with your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, if any of you guys want a free XPG drive. Works great as a paperweight, they come with a heatsink unless I end up really needing the heatsinks. Let's put a deadline of June 5th so I don't get spammed too hard. Not guaranteed, no updates, no reply. Spam me and I'll intercept it and make sure you don't get it if it's already shipped off. You either get it or I'm VirMach and probably will either forget or someone living at your house in 23 years will receive a package in your name.

If you're international I'll send it as DOA and scrap value, let's say like $90, since that's what it essentially ends up being, or it might literally arrive DOA. 2TB and 4TB. RGB, non-RGB, Gen4, Gen3 mix. I want to stop having to look at them.

I reserve the right to not send you one if you already spammed this thread or if you're a new inactive account.

thanks, now im just missing motherboard, cpu and ram. would u be giving them as well?

i know i just had to try anyway 🫢

Thanked by (1)someTom

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Since the Ryzen button came back I migrated two of my boxes - one AMS and one NYC. Was a bit quirky - feels like maybe you have to wait longer than expected before they're actually ready - but I got there in the end. I notice there's no CD's in SolusVM to install the OS? Or am I blind?

• @skorous said: I notice there's no CD's in SolusVM to install the OS? Or am I blind?

Sometimes they are in billing panel. Sometimes in SolusVM, it's a mess, probably some syncing issues :D

• @Jab said:

@skorous said: I notice there's no CD's in SolusVM to install the OS? Or am I blind?

Sometimes they are in billing panel. Sometimes in SolusVM, it's a mess, probably some syncing issues :D

I did notice the ones in the billing panel. They're just ancient CentOS and ancient Debian. Was hoping for a netboot.xyz. :) Good to know I'm not blind though. At least I have that going for me.

• @skorous said:
    I did notice the ones in the billing panel. They're just ancient CentOS and ancient Debian. Was hoping for a netboot.xyz. :) Good to know I'm not blind though. At least I have that going for me.

Instead of mounting netboot.xyz ISO, you can also do this.

# curl -4 https://boot.netboot.xyz/ipxe/netboot.xyz.lkrn -o /boot/netboot.xyz.lkrn
    # cat <<EOF >>/etc/grub.d/40_custom
    menuentry "netboot.xyz.lkrn" {
        linux16 /boot/netboot.xyz.lkrn
    }
    EOF
    # grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    # reboot

Thanked by (3)skorous AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • @tototo said:

# curl -4 https://boot.netboot.xyz/ipxe/netboot.xyz.lkrn -o /boot/netboot.xyz.lkrn
    # cat <<EOF >>/etc/grub.d/40_custom
    menuentry "netboot.xyz.lkrn" {
        linux16 /boot/netboot.xyz.lkrn
    }
    EOF
    # grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
    # reboot

Oooo nifty! I remembered reading about Debian having some hocus-pocus you could do but didn't realize it was that simple. TYVM!

edited June 2022

Okay tiny extra disclaimer, a lot of these are still floating around the datacenters* and I've got a good amount of private messages so anyone who messages me after this post, lower your expectations as there's a possibility I'd have to go digging around for them if we get too many other requests and that's not something I'm willing to commit to right now. Everyone else who messaged me so far, assuming you sent the pieces of information I asked, I'll try to ship them out over the weekend.

@Jab said: So you saying I can download all my p0rn

Don't store valuable information such as that on them, they may fail at any moment.

Thanked by (5)Mason Jab willie FrankZ pikachu

@skorous said: I notice there's no CD's in SolusVM to install the OS? Or am I blind?

Built in SolusVM feature.

@skorous said: I did notice the ones in the billing panel. They're just ancient CentOS and ancient Debian. Was hoping for a netboot.xyz. Good to know I'm not blind though

List your package names and I can update them. I updated all the main ones I could think of but probably missed a few since I'm blind.

• skorousskorous OG
    edited June 2022

@VirMach said:

@skorous said: I did notice the ones in the billing panel. They're just ancient CentOS and ancient Debian. Was hoping for a netboot.xyz. Good to know I'm not blind though

List your package names and I can update them. I updated all the main ones I could think of but probably missed a few since I'm blind.

You use 'package names' so I want to make sure I wasn't unclear, this is ISOs in the billing panel.
    AMSD028 and NYCB014 both only show:

• CentOS 6.8 X86 64 Minimal
    • CentOS 7 X86 64 Minimal 1611
    • Debian 8.2.0 Amd64 Netinst
    • Debian 9.1.0 Amd64 Netinst

It's not super important. I've got an OS and I'm happily playing.

EDIT: I poked a few others that had previously migrated. SEAZ005 also has the same four.

• @skorous said: You use 'package names' so I want to make sure I wasn't unclear, this is ISOs in the billing panel.

Nononon, those are package names.

Thanked by (1)skorous

• @Jab said:

Nononon, those are package names.

Interesting ... I hadn't noticed the correlation. All three are BF-SPECIAL-2020 .

• @VirMach said:

BF-SPECIAL-2021 also has ancient ISOs

Okay, going to fix template selections now, it'll be on WHMCS where it will have the newer ones as well and then I'll see if we can find some other more permanent solution where it shows the right templates based on the node you're on.

I'm finalizing list for the free NVMe SSDs today and preparing labels, etc. Not taking any further entries.

• edited June 2022

@VirMach said: I'm finalizing list for the free NVMe SSDs today..

It somewhat surprises me that these didn't get returned to supplier/manufacturer, for reimbursement due to being 'duff'. You'd think the encasing would be able to be recycled, at least.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: I'm finalizing list for the free NVMe SSDs today..

It somewhat surprises me that these didn't get returned to supplier/manufacturer, for reimbursement due to being 'duff'. You'd think the encasing would be able to be recycled, at least.

You guys can probably actually still contact them if you want to go through that process and it fails, it's still within warranty period. That's a little too detrimental for my sanity right now.

Okay so a good amount of people need to reply back some information. I'll hold off for a little bit until I give them a chance to reply back to fill in missing information and then submitting it with what I have, if it fails to print a label it fails and no going back to try to fix it after that. Sorry to be harsh but I think I put enough disclaimers of potential disappointment. Also, I'm putting all these in a CSV. I don't think that I mixed up anyone's details but consider this a risk. If you're not comfortable with that, and also not comfortable with your username or email appearing anywhere on the label, last chance to message me and tell me you don't want it.

• @VirMach said: Also, I'm putting all these in a CSV. I don't think that I mixed up anyone's details but consider this a risk. If you're not comfortable with that, and also not comfortable with your username or email appearing anywhere on the label, last chance to message me and tell me you don't want it.

I am gonna GDPR your ass off!!!!
    Oh wait, I am not even on that list.

Good luck fellow users, let the VirMach guy not forget about you :)

• edited June 2022

Damn. I take a break and when I come back I see VirMach is giving away some NVMe's. That might fail, but anyway, free stuff. Nice one for those who claimed them. I keep missing these things because life's gotta be life...

the threads got too long to read... Anything I've missed lately?

• edited June 2022

@JeDaYoshi said:
    some NVMe's That might fail, but anyway, free stuff.

I just hope it's better than my current 256GB NVMe:

Available Spare:                    100%
    Available Spare Threshold:          5%
    Percentage Used:                    3%
    Data Units Read:                    36,886,634 [18.8 TB]
    Data Units Written:                 26,556,207 [13.5 TB]

And I would feel obligated to renew VirMach VPS later this year.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@JeDaYoshi said: the threads got too long to read... Anything I've missed lately?

Free NVMe giveaway, 173 Tokyo storage services activated, many locations are running well now, still a few individual nodes with hardware issues undergoing repair, Ryzen migrate button is back (one use only).
    Miami and Frankfurt are not available quite yet. I think that about covers it.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach said: That's a little too detrimental for my sanity right now.

Yer too late! It's gone, laddie. :p

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said: Okay so a good amount of people need to reply back some information.

Is phone number required? Or Name + Email + Address is enough?

This discussion has been closed.