[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• Is the "Ryzen Migration" function not working for those "Migration Special" plans? I have been trying to migrate from AMS to AMS Ryzen for the past few days, but always got this error: "We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow."

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@kheng86 said: Is the "Ryzen Migration" function not working for those "Migration Special" plans? I have been trying to migrate from AMS to AMS Ryzen for the past few days, but always got this error: "We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow."

I got that message in NYC for a while when I was trying to move a large VPS from Buffalo to NYC. I think it was because there was not enough space available on Ryzen. Eventually it worked for me when VirMach put more servers on line in that location.

Thanked by (1)kheng86

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

MS said:

@VirMach said: Okay so a good amount of people need to reply back some information.

Is phone number required? Or Name + Email + Address is enough?

Most likely required, its letting me click buy for now but I'm not sure if it'll go through. Too late to provide now though, I'm printing them all.

Thanked by (1)_MS_
    edited June 2022

Okay labels printed. Boxes arriving tomorrow, the boxes/packets I had for them are too small to ship, I guess there's minimum requirements. Then they'll ship out either tomorrow night or Wednesday afternoon.

Also slightly unrelated, but it's for the servers, I'm running low on the foam pads I hoarded from the chassis we received. Since we ended up not using freight for a lot of these and shipped them in individual boxes, TIL that those foam pads you get when you buy a chassis or something heavy are apparently insanely expensive for what they are, probably more expensive per cubic inch than a memory foam mattress.

• @VirMach said:
    the boxes/packets I had for them are too small to ship, I guess there's minimum requirements.

UPS and FedEx require something like a book, so that their label has a flat place to stick.
    Tiny little packages won't scan properly.

USPS allows smaller packages.
    The smallest I've sent is like a 🥭.
    First class package postage is cheap too but strictly weight limited.

TIL that those foam pads you get when you buy a chassis or something heavy are apparently insanely expensive for what they are, probably more expensive per cubic inch than a memory foam mattress.

I used to say I want to sleep on Casper mattress when I'm rich.
    Now I want to sleep on foam pads when I'm rich.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said: USPS allows smaller packages.
    The smallest I've sent is like a 🥭.
    First class package postage is cheap too but strictly weight limited.

As much as I personally hate USPS, at least in our area, I'm using USPS first class for all of them due to cost. Around $130 to ship them all versus like $1000 since they're mostly international. They wouldn't allow 4x4x1 box, at least on the partner app we're using.

@yoursunny said:
    I used to say I want to sleep on Casper mattress when I'm rich.
    Now I want to sleep on foam pads when I'm rich.

I had this little phase in my life when I wanted to make my own perfect daybed for the office naps I have, and I made fun of these expensive furniture. Then, I tried making my own and probably spent $2-3K on all the material and various frames. In the end I had to saw off bits to make it fit and it all fell apart, literally. Still probably cheapest than if I had made it entirely out of foam pads.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Now I have some regret.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@ben47955 said:
    Now I have some regret.

about?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@ben47955 said:
    Now I have some regret.

about?

I don't check LES everyday as there not that much activity. But last Friday I did and I had like 10 unread posts in this thread. Turn out I didn't bothered read them. Missed the XPG drive offer. Anyway, now I'm too late and I shouldn't even have commented in the first place.

• @ben47955 said: Now I have some regret.

That's the spirit!
    ;')

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited June 2022

I just remembered our 4TB drives are all mixed with non-XPG and in heatsinks unlabeled. I'll do a few of those but most will be 2TB Gen4 since they're all labeled and I don't feel like sorting through everything right now. These should theoretically work out better for everyone as game storage or for Windows anyway and if you have a Gen4 motherboard.

So probably about 30% are going to be 4TB and the rest 2TB Gen4. Also Gen4 were more recently purchased so higher likelihood of [A] not being destroyed by me somehow since I did rip off the plastic LED bit and they've also been laying around, [B] being under warranty.

I did 4TB and US orders first so that's where most if not all the 4TB will go. This should also coincidentally help with customs in case they open it up and wonder how a 4TB drive is $90 value. I did accidentally leave the default customs description of the item being a "large envelope" though so let's hope they don't notice that we're shipping an SSD described as a $90 envelope.

I guess that's up to you to argue semantics and state that you will in fact be using this as a very large envelope of digital files on your computer.

• I expected some drives to be shipped from Tokyo.

• 4TB !!!!
    I have no games and no Windows.
    It'll run Debian with many, many LXC containers.
    (but there are only 4 CPU cores)

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited June 2022

@yoursunny said:
    4TB !!!!

I'd be happy just to see mine arrive even if it's just 1/4TB.
    Free Sticker - ✓
    Free Tee - ✓
    Free Water Bottle - ✓
    Free SSD - ?

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • MS said:

@yoursunny said:
    4TB !!!!

I'd be happy just to see mine arrive even if it's just 1/4TB.
    Free Stickers - ✓
    Free Tees - ✓
    Free Water Bottle - ✓
    Free SSD - ?

Free stickers - ✔️
    Free tees - ✔️
    Free water bottle - ✔️
    Free backpack - ✔️
    Free VPS - ✔️
    Free ONE GALLON WET PLATINUM LUBE - ❌
    Free SSD - ✉️
    Free CPU - ❓

Thanked by (2)pikachu _MS_

@tototo said:
    I expected some drives to be shipped from Tokyo.

Nope, no idea what to do with those. I'll probably have to go to Tokyo and grab them myself. DC hands rate is insane there.

edited June 2022

@yoursunny said: Free ONE GALLON WET PLATINUM LUBE - ❌

I bought the lube and it just spilled all over the office floor.

It's such good lube that if you leave it tilted on the floor long enough it self lubes the cap and starts leaking lube.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @VirMach Do you expect New York to become available for Ryzen Migrations again?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

@Brueggus said:
    @VirMach Do you expect New York to become available for Ryzen Migrations again?

A lot of these servers never were set up due to motherboard issues. We have to make another rounds of fixing them with specific BIOS/BMC updates that involve moving PCIe cards off and back on. More will be available when that's completed.

Thanked by (2)Brueggus FrankZ
  • [Off Topic] @Virmach are rDNS requests (still) being automatically immediately closed, unactioned? Surely, requesting this goes some way to 'validating' the intention to not spam abuse the VM? ;)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Is there any way to upgrade from 40$/1.5Gb to 50$/2.5GB? And what about Frankfurt servers?

• edited June 2022

@Papa said: Is there any way to upgrade from 40$/1.5Gb to 50$/2.5GB? And what about Frankfurt servers?

No.
    In progress.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Papa said: And what about Frankfurt servers?

This was the last word I received.

@VirMach said:
    Frankfurt should be ready this weekend.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Papa

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Dear VirMach customers,
    Good morning. Have a nice day.

imok.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Mason bdl
  • @imok said: Good morning. Have a nice day.

Thanked by (1)imok

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• NYC Metro re-appears under Ryen Migrate button.
    Neither Miami nor Frankfurt are there.

• @yoursunny said:
    NYC Metro re-appears under Ryen Migrate button.
    Neither Miami nor Frankfurt are there.

8 more servers migrated to Ryzen flawlessly.
    7 for Chicago, Frankfurt & Miami still pending.

🍻

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• How's SJCZ004 doing these days?

My service is offline, the troubleshooter shows the node's online and the status page shows the node's "being rebooted" 😕
    I tried booting my VPS in SolusVM but it's staying offline.

• A quick question: all VPS are due to be migrated to Ryzen anyway, right?

The reason I ask is I really feel guilty using the migrate button for those crazy and almost-free deals during the 2018 BF insanity, including that $0.95/year VPS. Has anyone already used the button for those deals? :)

This discussion has been closed.