Elementor - finally fast :) (they purchased Strattic)

bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

As far as I know, Strattic offered hosted headless&static WordPress solution - charging an arm and a leg for it.

Now it's been bought out by Elementor. Elementor already offers Elementor Cloud (i.e. they provide the hosting infrastructure for your WP site).

I suppose this acquisition could let them provide a better performance, with lower hardware resources used.

Link to their announcement:
https://elementor.com/blog/elementor-acquires-strattic/

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

Thanked by (1)Chievo

Comments

• I wonder what this will mean for the open-source product WP2Static (which Strattic funds)...

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Unixfy said:
    I wonder what this will mean for the open-source product WP2Static (which Strattic funds)...

It's free proper beta testing now. Don't see why they would ditch that.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited June 2022

@bikegremlin said:
    As far as I know, Strattic offered hosted headless&static WordPress solution - charging an arm and a leg for it.

Now it's been bought out by Elementor. Elementor already offers Elementor Cloud (i.e. they provide the hosting infrastructure for your WP site).

I suppose this acquisition could let them provide a better performance, with lower hardware resources used.

Is Gremlin's account hacked?

He used to like clean, lightweight, and excellent code quality themes such as GeneratePress. But here, he seems happy for and enthusiastic about Elementor?

This thread is akin to what Ympker would post; always positive and excited about everything.

Thanked by (3)bikegremlin Ympker lentro
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited June 2022

MS said:

@bikegremlin said:

Is Gremlin's account hacked?

He used to like clean, lightweight, and excellent code quality themes such as GeneratePress. But here, he seems happy for and enthusiastic about Elementor?

This thread is akin to what Ympker would post; always positive and excited about everything.

I thought it was more of a neutral post - sharing the news.
    This is a big move.
    Out-of-the-box solutions are beating WordPress, and these big players are trying hard to stay in the game.

But I had forgotten to add my standard Marx-told-you-so disclaimer on such acquisition news, so here it is: :)

"According to Marx, capital has the tendency for concentration and centralization in the hands of the richest capitalists.

It always ends in the ruin of many small capitalists, whose capitals partly pass into the hands of their conquerors, partly vanish."

Thanked by (1)_MS_

• You can always use wget -m if WP2Static stops being maintained.