[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @casadebamburojo said:
    A quick question: all VPS are due to be migrated to Ryzen anyway, right?

The reason I ask is I really feel guilty using the migrate button for those crazy and almost-free deals during the 2018 BF insanity, including that $0.95/year VPS. Has anyone already used the button for those deals? :)

If you feel guilty, press the cancellation button and order new service at full price.

Thanked by (1)tototo

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I feel the same way from 9 June 2022 until now 19 June 2022 SJCZ004 is still offline and cannot be used. What we are doing now is not just patient, but surrender. Don't expect much for fear of regret. Because this Ryzen problem has not been solved since it was first offered until now.

@Brueggus said:
    How's SJCZ004 doing these days?

My service is offline, the troubleshooter shows the node's online and the status page shows the node's "being rebooted" 😕
    I tried booting my VPS in SolusVM but it's staying offline.

• @yoursunny said:

@casadebamburojo said:
    A quick question: all VPS are due to be migrated to Ryzen anyway, right?

The reason I ask is I really feel guilty using the migrate button for those crazy and almost-free deals during the 2018 BF insanity, including that $0.95/year VPS. Has anyone already used the button for those deals? :)

If you feel guilty, press the cancellation button and order new service at full price.

Lemme rephrase that: I'm not at ease with doing a successful migration with these highly discounted plans, when a bunch of other paying customers are having issues with theirs.

These VPS are staying with me, so gerroff! :p

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • Anyone received the 2tb or 4tb paperweights?

Thanked by (2)yoursunny pikachu
  • @casadebamburojo said:
    Has anyone already used the button for those deals? :)

Yes, moved 2 bf deals, both without problems. 4x more power for the same crazy price. Can't complain.....

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited June 2022

@FrankZ said:

@Papa said: And what about Frankfurt servers?

This was the last word I received.

@VirMach said:
    Frankfurt should be ready this weekend.

Frankfurt is about to be ready. Everything basically ended up getting shifted a week forward because time flies when you're having fun and we here at VirMach are just having a blast.

UPS is being absolutely abysmal there. Even worse than I thought ever possible. It took them over a month to basically deliver them instead of 1-3 day but it looks like I also somehow got XPG drives in Frankfurt. I'm hoping it's just the one server, because I did send out one or two a really long time ago. I'll be setting up three. We sent nine to Frankfurt and three made it so far after like 6 weeks probably. I have no idea what's going on in Frankfurt but it's basically all our packages getting like 200 scans in a specific facility. Then it looks like they ended up delivering two to the completely wrong city and these are probably permanently lost, so we have a chance to get four more right now.

(edit) Oh right I forgot why I came here, I might use the XPG server as a fun test server for now maybe so stick around and maybe we'll hand out some temporary free services.

edited June 2022

@Brueggus said: How's SJCZ004 doing these days?

My service is offline, the troubleshooter shows the node's online and the status page shows the node's "being rebooted" 😕
    I tried booting my VPS in SolusVM but it's staying offline.

Ran into further issues. Busy two days or so, another node went offline and it's been having RAID controller issues, the storage node took up a good amount of time as many other things, a lot going on in the background. Sorry for lack of updates, I should have an update on it soon.

• SJCZ2005 is still waiting on new network hardware or something right? It actually seems to be working fine for me right now, though it rebooted about 2 weeks ago. But I don't have any real monitoring watching it.

@willie said:
    SJCZ2005 is still waiting on new network hardware or something right? It actually seems to be working fine for me right now, though it rebooted about 2 weeks ago. But I don't have any real monitoring watching it.

Honestly I have a lot of notes all over the place and a lot of servers and parts going everywhere right now and don't remember that specifically but I don't remember that one as having NIC issue. I'd have to take a look at everything and schedule those windows. Since they all have multiple NICs it's not considered a huge emergency right now for those since we do have a couple servers still immediately malfunctioning right now at any given time.

@vgood said: I feel the same way from 9 June 2022 until now 19 June 2022 SJCZ004 is still offline and cannot be used. What we are doing now is not just patient, but surrender. Don't expect much for fear of regret. Because this Ryzen problem has not been solved since it was first offered until now.

@Brueggus said:

SJCZ004 finally brought under control after a lot of weird issues.

I have enough strange problems in San Jose now to where we're able to handle them better than just re-creating them, especially since it's no longer the first couple weeks of service. Unfortunately this doesn't mean it's quick and easy.

Basically I had to probably reboot this 20-30 times in specific ways and on different BIOS versions while also booting into OS and making specific changes to ensure we preserve as much data as possible. The motherboard has several issues, each of them manifesting in weird ways. Basically what happened was #1 one of the disks just decided to drop off, not because the disk had problems but because of the PCIe slot. It dropped off in a way where it received some little portions of data here and there. To fix it, I wanted to try an easy potential fix with resetting some settings in BIOS and rebooting, but that caused two other problems to occur. #2 the configuration for the volume got messy and it didn't want to come back, and #3 now the boot disk was disappearing on and off. This last issue is actually primarily what happened for the first two San Jose servers that appeared to have disk failure, but since they were also XPG, I assume the disk didn't do a great job at not malfunctioning further when the motherboard malfunctioned. So the BIOS was updated to a specific version without BMC being updated because that causes other issues. This still caused issue #4 where the boot order was glitching out and finally we got it booted and the missing disk back but #5 issue the traditional method of bringing it all back wasn't working since it halfway malfunctioned in a weird way while LVM changes were occurring. We had to be extra careful here so it took a little bit longer. Possible data loss is still there in specific scenarios but these should be extremely rare. Any that more recently got created on that specific disk while it was having problems may not have been created properly as well so that's in another queue to fix.

Thanked by (2)willie vgood
  • Glad that you're back here, @Virmach. :) Stick at it!

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• does any know the latest status with AMS storage ? @VirMach

Frankfurt almost ready.

This will be the first location that I'm trying to launch properly. There's two servers that have potential issues and will be skipped, two that got lost as previously mentioned so there's going to be five servers launched here. They'll come with IPv4 subnets split into small VLANs and hopefully functional SolusVM network security features as a result. They'll also come with IPv6 enabled. I'd give everyone a /56 in this case if SolusVM supported it by default but it'll have to be /64 since they go /48 --> /64. Plus I guess that keeps it standard since in some locations we can only give a /64 basically.

@ehab said:
    does any know the latest status with AMS storage ? @VirMach

I'm working on that after a few other things then I'll have a more solid update. Absolute best case scenario it'll be shipped out by the end of this week and set up by the end of next week. But you already know we pretty much never have best case scenario.

Los Angeles storage just went up yesterday, I'll try to activate most of those this week but I'm being cautious moving forward as there may be a kernel bug in relation to the RAID controller drivers. At least that's my best guess right now. It's loaded into a functional one now but I wouldn't want to activate everyone and then have it go down for a week.

Amsterdam is pretty much ready around 3 feet away from my feet right now, it just keeps having motherboard/processor errors. I'm down to like the 2nd processor and 3rd motherboard. I feel like every part's been mixed and matched at this point but I haven't worked on it for a while, I'll try to take a fresh look today for you.

• @VirMach said: They'll come with IPv4 subnets split into small VLANs and hopefully functional SolusVM network security features as a result.

Will you apply the small VLAN setup to earlier nodes?

@fan said:

@VirMach said: They'll come with IPv4 subnets split into small VLANs and hopefully functional SolusVM network security features as a result.

Will you apply the small VLAN setup to earlier nodes?

We're already in a halfway state there. There's probably three phases of old nodes:

1. Big VLAN, mixed /24 subnets.
    2. Big VLAN, separated /24 subnets with mixed gateway.
    3. Big VLAN, separated /24 subnets and separated gateways.

We already set everything up to where they essentially end up acting like separated /24 subnets moving forward on all old nodes, and added the fix IP button option to get you on the right subnet. Any leftovers [A] we'll manually move over, either move the data to the right server or change the IP addresses (leaning toward moving data as that also helps balance out plans.) Then we'll [B] change gateways where applicable and reconfigure, and [C] move to smaller VLAN.

This is assuming smaller VLAN fixes our SolusVM feature problem. If it doesn't we may not be so eager but it'll still naturally move toward being more separated.

Later on we may re-introduce some mixing but on a smaller scale, for example maybe three nodes will share 3x /24 IPv4 in some way to allow some flexibility, but not across any more.

• Frankfurt live, migrate you machines! ;)

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon 20 Jun 2022 03:14:18 PM EDT

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 3 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3691.270 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 34.6 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-8-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 410.74 MB/s (102.6k) | 905.47 MB/s  (14.1k)
    Write      | 411.82 MB/s (102.9k) | 910.24 MB/s  (14.2k)
    Total      | 822.57 MB/s (205.6k) | 1.81 GB/s    (28.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.19 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.17 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Write      | 1.25 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.25 GB/s     (1.2k)
    Total      | 2.44 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.43 GB/s     (2.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 936 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 936 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 938 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 873 Mbits/sec   | 794 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 862 Mbits/sec   | 848 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 706 Mbits/sec   | 540 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 758 Mbits/sec   | 690 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 920 Mbits/sec   | 924 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 918 Mbits/sec   | 903 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 926 Mbits/sec   | 927 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 871 Mbits/sec   | 674 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 856 Mbits/sec   | 764 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 497 Mbits/sec   | 556 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 535 Mbits/sec   | 549 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1464
    Multi Core      | 1419
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15574692

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• sorry, you said Frankfurt is already available and that's the one who has tried it, is it possible to migrate from SJCZ004? because in the member area menu there is already that option (see picture) do I still have to pay a fee? I had a bug a few months ago asking to move to Amesterdam, and I paid the fee but my VPS was not moved to SJ. explanation please

@VirMach said:

SJCZ004 finally brought under control after a lot of weird issues.

I have enough strange problems in San Jose now to where we're able to handle them better than just re-creating them, especially since it's no longer the first couple weeks of service. Unfortunately this doesn't mean it's quick and easy.

• @Jab said:
    Frankfurt live, migrate you machines! ;)

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon 20 Jun 2022 03:14:18 PM EDT

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 3 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3691.270 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 34.6 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-8-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 410.74 MB/s (102.6k) | 905.47 MB/s  (14.1k)
    Write      | 411.82 MB/s (102.9k) | 910.24 MB/s  (14.2k)
    Total      | 822.57 MB/s (205.6k) | 1.81 GB/s    (28.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.19 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.17 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Write      | 1.25 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.25 GB/s     (1.2k)
    Total      | 2.44 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.43 GB/s     (2.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 936 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 936 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 938 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 873 Mbits/sec   | 794 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 862 Mbits/sec   | 848 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 706 Mbits/sec   | 540 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 758 Mbits/sec   | 690 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 920 Mbits/sec   | 924 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 918 Mbits/sec   | 903 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 926 Mbits/sec   | 927 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 871 Mbits/sec   | 674 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 856 Mbits/sec   | 764 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 497 Mbits/sec   | 556 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 535 Mbits/sec   | 549 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1464
    Multi Core      | 1419
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/15574692

I tried migrating (AMS to FRA) from my "Migration Special" plan, but still got the message "We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow."

• edited June 2022

@VirMach
    Some good news for you (what a change!). I've been doing a wee bit of consolidation and tidying..
    Ryzen NYC --> DLS (without data) went flawless and even installed (the prerequisite) Almalinux, for flag enablement. Very speedy process too. :+1:
    Ryzen DLS --> ATL (without data) worked as per previous migrations, whereby the OS (Almalinux) required manual installation. Smooth sailing.
    I noted that no CDROM templates were available in SolusVM at both locations, though that's not crucial for me - I'll use the rescue system, to carve up the Windoze-esque single system partition.
    (That's the last of my 6 bucks migration refunds used up - will be offset by the savings after consolidation.)

Cheers!

Thanked by (1)VirMach

• Any test with new network config? :-)

• Finally got to use the "Ryzen Migrate" button. BUF->FRA went without a hitch; all specs correct :+1:

No OS was installed (i.e. you see things end with "No bootable device." when you check over VNC), but there are plenty of [Ryzen Compatible] templates available in Solus VM if you want to resolve that quickly.

And, yeah, IPv6 works :smile:

• I have some services on a NY10G node maybe eventually all services will be moved anyway but the new Ryzen nodes aren’t 10Gbps correct?

• @corbpie said:
    I have some services on a NY10G node maybe eventually all services will be moved anyway but the new Ryzen nodes aren’t 10Gbps correct?

Instances on the nodes are not, no. I asked that question previously though it was a while ago so Virmach may correct me.

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • Will an option to Ryzen migrate to Seattle be offered in the future?

• i am very happy with the free - Ryzen migrate -

Thanked by (4)bdl FrankZ skorous someTom
  • Anyone else on ATLZ007?
    @Virmach are you still going through SolusVM changes?
    RYZE.ATL-Z007.VMS

An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

The gateway pings fine.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Anyone else on ATLZ007?
    @Virmach are you still going through SolusVM changes?
    RYZE.ATL-Z007.VMS

An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

The gateway pings fine.

Probably related to this even though it's a couple of days old:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• ^ Yup. On Virmach timescale, so 24hrs actually means..
    ;)

Thanked by (1)Mason

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ Yup. On Virmach timescale, so 24hrs actually means..
    ;)

They should have stuck with the classic, "soon™"

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Anyone else on ATLZ007?
    Virmach are you still going through SolusVM changes?
    RYZE.ATL-Z007.VMS

The gateway pings fine.

I show offline in billing panel, and the same as you described above in SolusVM.
    The VPS itself is running fine and does not have any issues.
    So :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I chew my nails and then I twiddle my thumbs
    I'm real nervous, but it sure is fun
    Come on, baby
    You drive me crazy
    Goodness gracious, great balls of wire!

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ I worry about you! :p

This discussion has been closed.