Virmach-style woes

edited June 2022 in General

Does anyone remember the Migration Special?
At least Virmach dosen't really care about the promises they made.

Well, let's do a promo and fu*k old customers.
Enable _Ryzen Migrate_ function globally and forget about _Ryzen Special_ & _Migration Special_.

Cannot perform migration. Talk to a support team probably out of solar system but nothing.
Now without any notification, the old one has been terminated and the new one offline at FFME004. Cannot bring it up.

I can accept shitty performance, overloaded shared port, and shitty support because it's cheap.
But the promise is promise.
My bill paid, the deal is unfinished.
What do you think it is?

512MB Migration Special - MelodicDrab-VM (07/04/2022 - 07/03/2023)

Oh well

Thanked by (1)vgood

Comments

• Unlucky, the smallest packages usually have the best performance at least for me.
    The bigger the package gets, the more steal and shit I have seen.

• @0xff said: Does anyone remember the Migration Special?

Wasn't that advertised somewhere other than LES?

• vyasvyas OG
    edited June 2022

@tetech said:

@0xff said: Does anyone remember the Migration Special?

Wasn't that advertised somewhere other than LES?

Its almost Friday. I already got my popcorn. LES can be mistaken to be rant forum for OGF offers

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • "Out of solar system", snapped. I will use that definitely.

• Considering @VirMach's sense of humour, he might even use "Out of the Solar System Support" as a point in the offer template of one of his next offers.

Thanked by (5)imok ralf FrankZ umzak Ouji
  • @MS said: Out of the Solar System Support

It's a good name TBH

Thanked by (3)_MS_ ralf umzak
  • it's normal , my 3GB Migration Special was forgotten as well , and it has been offline for few days and showing "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received".

Will no going to create any ticket (if not remember correctly this migration special comes with standard support) since their ticket system is overloaded but clearly this VPS will be canceled before new invoice generated, let this "Migration Special" become never prioritized migration promo :) in my memory

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Title updated as I don't really think this constitutes a "scam". But I do wish you luck with getting your service migrated to Ryzen. Some things slip through the cracks, but from what I've seen, it'll eventually work itself out in the end.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• deankdeank OG
    edited June 2022

Out of solar system, eh ...
    Does that also mean it would take forever to get replies? Given the lag between the Sun and Pluto?

Of all these years I've barked at establishing a Luna DC..., some kids from a basement has established a DC outside of Sol.

Duck me. I lost.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• InternxtInternxt Services Provider

@deank said:
    Does that also mean it would take forever to get replies? Given the lag between the Sun and Pluto?

Of all these years I've barked at establishing a Luna DC..., some kids from a basement has established a DC outside of Sol.

Duck me. I lost.

Given the recent track record of Virmach, getting actual support response is a feat on its own.

Internxt.com - Zero Knowledge End to End Encryption - Privacy Focused Cloud Storage
    Internxt Send - Encrypt and send files in total privacy

• @Internxt said:

@deank said:

Duck me. I lost.

Given the recent track record of Virmach, getting actual support response is a feat on its own.

O wow. Helping shame another provider? Where are your ethics? So many people are complaining about issues with your services and checking on new features promises... and all they get is...
    "New improvements planned on backend" and "webdav" is on roadmap to be releases soon blah blah blah...

Keep your pants on...

Thanked by (2)_MS_ pikachu
  • FAILED

• Yes, stones and glass houses come to mind!

• Funny, I saw the Ryzen migrate button sometime back but ignored it and now it’s gone. Glad I didn’t click on it considering all the shitstorm under virmach threads.

Why?

• @jmaxwell said: Glad I didn’t click on it considering all the shitstorm under virmach threads.

FWIW, I have successfully migrated 3 services in 3 different locations using that button when it was around.

Thanked by (2)skorous AlwaysSkint

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• skorousskorous OG
    edited July 2022

@TheDP said:

@jmaxwell said: Glad I didn’t click on it considering all the shitstorm under virmach threads.

FWIW, I have successfully migrated 3 services in 3 different locations using that button when it was around.

I've done five or six without incident myself. Stay away from the west coast of the US and of course Tokyo and you're l likely fine. Just my $0.02.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint jmaxwell
  • edited July 2022

2 out of 10 have been problematic (now working), for me. Not a bad hit rate. :+1: Two to go, one of which I'd rather it didn't if it loses the additional IPs. :'(

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)