Looking for LES Mod (Community Manager)

Comments

• I nominate @AlwaysSkint .
    All the typos will be fixed swiftly.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited July 2022

@yoursunny said: I nominate @AlwaysSkint .

Yikes!
    I have more typos than Ant ever did! Thank goodness for the edit function. ;)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@yoursunny said: I nominate @AlwaysSkint .

Yikes!
    I have more typos than Ant ever did! Thank goodness for the edit function. ;)

@AlwaysSkint should have a "Grammarly" tag.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• (Pulse @ 64 bpm - I'm chillin' - for now!)

• I can help out with this if necessary. I modded at LET for a while, as you might remember. Whether that's good or bad, I don't know.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Mulder said:
    I have only one question for @bikegremlin

Are you a Serb who fully supports Russia and its genocide against Ukraine?

Why of course - I've already submitted the paperwork for changing my brand and nick to:
    "Bike Kremlin."

Only, the word "genocide" is a bit too clear to understand - such communication is apparently not acceptable nowadays.
    No sir.
    When Russia bombs you, it's called "A special operation."
    When the USA bombs you, it's called "A humanitarian intervention."
    When Serbia bombs you, it's called "Unarmed Serbian civilians only defending themselves..."
    And so on - you get the idea...

if so, if you have dinner for the bombardment of Belgrade, you tell here at once.

Not sure I understand this last reference.

On a more serious note:
    I'm a Yugoslav, though nationalists keep trying to convince me that "no longer exists" and that I should "pick a side."

While this song pretty much sums up my thoughts on wars:

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

willie bike sunny would all work imo

• Hi @Mason , I may have this wrong, but weren't there a couple of "plainclothes moderators" around here? Meaning that they were disguised as civilians (no Moderator tag). I think that @Ympker said that he was such a plainclothes moderator. Are these plainclothes moderators still around? Or do I have this wrong?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• I appreciate the nominations but will have to respectfully recuse myself. Am certain the forum will be in capable hands based on the other names I have seen.

Gracias @TheDP and @ehab

Thanked by (4)ehab Ympker MichaelCee TheDP
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited July 2022

@angstrom said:
    Hi @Mason , I may have this wrong, but weren't there a couple of "plainclothes moderators" around here? Meaning that they were disguised as civilians (no Moderator tag). I think that @Ympker said that he was such a plainclothes moderator. Are these plainclothes moderators still around? Or do I have this wrong?

I'd assume most of them are MIA, like me.
    Personally, I haven't logged in the moderation area since a long while and I wouldn't even assume I am still "a mod" judging by my moderation activity. Due to lack of time, what I set out to do was to log on mod acc whenever I saw some bs post (offensive language and the like) that needed moderation and intervene. However, it turns out we have some very nice members here so I (almost) never stumbled upon anything like that.

Regardless, I was definitely not an active mod by moderation means (active in the forum more than as a mod), so @Mason @mikho may need people who actually take care of some stuff :)
    I hope the workload hasn't increased too much :/
    There have been lots of good suggestions and I am sure we will find people more active than me.

Thanked by (2)angstrom ralf
  • edited July 2022

@Ympker said: ..active in the forum more than as a mod..

See, @FrankZ , that's the way to do it. ;) :p
    Y'all.

Thanked by (4)Ympker Falzo skorous FrankZ

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@angstrom said:
    Hi @Mason , I may have this wrong, but weren't there a couple of "plainclothes moderators" around here? Meaning that they were disguised as civilians (no Moderator tag). I think that @Ympker said that he was such a plainclothes moderator. Are these plainclothes moderators still around? Or do I have this wrong?

There was/is a common mod account used by 2(?) members of the community to moderate when @Ant ran the place.

The members who had access to that account were never disclosed by @Ant.

All in the interest that we should treat eachother the same, no matter if you are talking to a moderator or not.

@Mason and I haven’t discussed details but it is a possibilty that we keep using that mod account instead of giving out tags.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

@vyas is right person

• @mikho said: @Mason and I haven’t discussed details but it is a possibilty that we keep using that mod account instead of giving out tags.

If I may say so, I'm inclined to think that it's better if a mod has a mod tag so that they can be (easily) recognized

I never really understood the rationale for an admin with an admin tag but for a mod without a mod tag

Thanked by (1)pikachu

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@angstrom said:

@mikho said: @Mason and I haven’t discussed details but it is a possibilty that we keep using that mod account instead of giving out tags.

If I may say so, I'm inclined to think that it's better if a mod has a mod tag so that they can be (easily) recognized

I never really understood the rationale for an admin with an admin tag but for a mod without a mod tag

Yeah, I was never a fan of hiding behind an anonymous mod account. I understand Ant's reasoning for doing that -- preventing targeted abuse/harassment which was surprisingly common on OGF, at least during my tenure. But I think for transparency sake, all actions should be able to be traced back to the moderator that did it.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited July 2022

@Mason said:

@angstrom said:

@mikho said: @Mason and I haven’t discussed details but it is a possibilty that we keep using that mod account instead of giving out tags.

Yeah, I was never a fan of hiding behind an anonymous mod account. I understand Ant's reasoning for doing that -- preventing targeted abuse/harassment which was surprisingly common on OGF, at least during my tenure. But I think for transparency sake, all actions should be able to be traced back to the moderator that did it.

I agree on that :)
    That's why back then I also stated that I was a mod (even without tag).
    Hiding behind an anonymous mod profile is kinda hmm.. (although Ant had his reasons)

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • skorupionskorupion Services Provider

Welp, I guess I withdraw my words and I'm up for this position

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• Well, this is weird.

The notification back on the old place never worked for me.
    And the notification here doesn't alert me at all, either. Someone had to inform me that I was nominated.

lol, wat? What kind of insane dude nominates a troll?

Thanked by (3)ehab bikegremlin ralf

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@deank said:
    Well, this is weird.

And the notification here doesn't alert me at all, either. Someone had to inform me that I was nominated.

Trolls are the most likely to know this place all around, and where to look for people who don't abide by the rules so no wonder in my opinion.

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• The first rule of being a troll is being impartial, I must troll everyone fairly whenever they PMS.
    Meaning even admins are not exception to my trolling.

• @deank said:

So what are you saying? That trolls should not have their native representative body on the forum?

• There are representatives.

• @deank said: Meaning even admins are not no exception to my trolling.
    @deank said: There are representatives.

;)

• @deank said:
    Well, this is weird.

That tends to happen if someone edits their posts and adds you tagged later on. No history of edits though (visible to me at least)

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@teamacc said:

@deank said:
    Well, this is weird.

That tends to happen if someone edits their posts and adds you tagged later on. No history of edits though (visible to me at least)

Nope - I wrote a fresh post for the sole purpose of nominating @deank - right away. :)

The original:
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/91518/#Comment_91518

Highly unlikely that I had edited the mention, even if a bed spilling mistake was fixed in an edit.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@deank said:
    Well, this is weird.

Have you checked your notification settings?
    I think only popup is enabled by default.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Maybe all moderators should have the same avatar as @deank ?! :# B)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @Mason said: Possibly some managing and posting to our underutilized socials (facebook, twitter, who knew we even had these? :P)

This is something I could help with :)

• I nominate @mason.

He should be decent.

Thanked by (2)lentro AaronSS

This discussion has been closed.