• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@AaronSS said:
    I just bought a package ❤️

Thank you very much! Please let me know if you have any issues

• @ralf said:

@chris said:
    Twopoundandseventyfivepencepermonthemail.co.uk is a better name I agree! 😛

Just off to register that now

Just register all the domains up to a tenner, and he'll be forced to never change the prices!

Smart - We should do that until he changes to SmallEmail

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee Logano
  • @ralf said:

@chris said:
    Twopoundandseventyfivepencepermonthemail.co.uk is a better name I agree! 😛

Just off to register that now

Just register all the domains up to a tenner, and he'll be forced to never change the prices!

This is the sort of thinking I like to see. Shows initiative.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
    edited October 2022

It’s been almost a month since I launched this new project and I’m happy with how things look. A couple of community folk signed up and are contributing a decent chunk toward the upstream bill so thank you to those!

I’ve created a few different Break-Even Analysis reports for each package scenario but there’s about 8 or so £1 sales needed to break even currently, assuming 35p is lost in fees for each sale. Cost per unit should go down as the reseller plan gets upgraded.

Im also looking to launch as many add on services as possible. Last week I added inbound migrations, this week I’ve added DNS record set up for third party dns. £1 one time.

When the next Blesta version is released I should be able to bulk import a shit ton of domain TLDs to sell as an extra too. Looking forward to it!

Cheers!

P.S. Also bought the .com 😀

Thanked by (3)iandk Ympker Logano
  • Why DirectAdmin, out of interest? (Personally, I'm a fan, but for email only hosting I'm not sure of the value for money...).

@adly said:
    Why DirectAdmin, out of interest? (Personally, I'm a fan, but for email only hosting I'm not sure of the value for money...).

I believe Mxroute (Provider) moved to DA from cPanel after the 1st, 3rd or 200th price increase. They probably have plans to develop something in house one day so I don’t know what I’ll do then. From my side of things, I wouldn’t have gone for a cPanel based provider as I tend not to touch that anymore unless somebody is paying me big bucks. What’s your take? What panel would be value for money, email only?

• @MichaelCee said:

@adly said:
    Why DirectAdmin, out of interest? (Personally, I'm a fan, but for email only hosting I'm not sure of the value for money...).

I believe Mxroute (Provider) moved to DA from cPanel after the 1st, 3rd or 200th price increase. They probably have plans to develop something in house one day so I don’t know what I’ll do then. From my side of things, I wouldn’t have gone for a cPanel based provider as I tend not to touch that anymore unless somebody is paying me big bucks. What’s your take? What panel would be value for money, email only?

Ah, I forgot you were reselling Mxroute - that explains DA. Personally, I think all the big control panels are overkill for email only, but then there isn’t really a commercial email only panel.

I’d likely go with something custom in PHP for a panel with a postfix/dovecot setup, but as you’re reselling choosing the tech stack isn’t really an option. No doubt @jarland has a longer term plan in mind for something custom.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin MichaelCee
    edited August 2022

Might do a little consolidation and merge my backend Blesta portal for my two projects in to one. Not quite sure yet, but it would be both positive and negative. Little more thought needed and some planning first.

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited August 2022

@MichaelCee said:
    Im also looking to launch as many add on services as possible. Last week I added inbound migrations, this week I’ve added DNS record set up for third party dns. £1 one time.

P.S. Also bought the .com 😀

Don't forget onepoundtechsupport.co.uk :smile:

Nice re-design on the website.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• Hey Mikey, wish you all the best with this project!

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

edited August 2022

@vpsgeek3333 said:
    Hey Mikey, wish you all the best with this project!

Thank you my friend!

@MichaelCee said:
    Might do a little consolidation and merge my backend Blesta portal for my two projects in to one. Not quite sure yet, but it would be both positive and negative. Little more thought needed and some planning first.

Regarding this, clients should receive an email later this week or early next week. TL;DR, 2 x billing platforms will merge to 1 x billing platforms.

I am doing it manually as we're early days and it's all good. Currently all clients are done just need to import the billing and services and confirm everything else is set up properly. I've got a VPS set up so I can start importing mail to the ticket system too. Looking forward to it.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333

@MichaelCee said:

@vpsgeek3333 said:
    Hey Mikey, wish you all the best with this project!

Thank you my friend!

@MichaelCee said:

Regarding this, clients should receive an email later this week or early next week. TL;DR, 2 x billing platforms will merge to 1 x billing platforms.

I am doing it manually as we're early days and it's all good. Currently all clients are done just need to import the billing and services and confirm everything else is set up properly. I've got a VPS set up so I can start importing mail to the ticket system too. Looking forward to it.

The client portals for both HelpMyIT and OnePoundEmail are now one in the same. All clients emailed. Some IDs may have changed and not all support tickets have been imported, especially tickets that contained sensitive data before blesta allowed encrypted data within tickets. That specific data will be permanently deleted within the next couple of weeks once the dust settles.

Thanked by (1)chris

Just wanted to leave a note to thank peeps here for signing up. OnePoundEmail is now profitable pre-fees (I know, it's a technicality).

Thank you!

Posting in this thread as my latest is for a promo that's already over so didn't want to create confusion.

• Nice work Michael! Great to hear!

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@MichaelCee said:
    Just wanted to leave a note to thank peeps here for signing up. OnePoundEmail is now profitable pre-fees (I know, it's a technicality).

Thank you!

Posting in this thread as my latest is for a promo that's already over so didn't want to create confusion.

Congratz mate!

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
    edited November 2022

@MichaelCee said:

A little under a month later and now profitable post-fees and looking to expand to the next MXroute plan soon if growth continues at this rate.

I will post a small something something for this years BF in celebration so stay tuned!