IRC / Discord bridge?

MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

Anyone have any experience with this or recommendations?

Essentially, I'd like to bridge an IRC channel and a Discord channel. We're late to the game and although Discord isn't privacy friendly, I can see the appeal and would like to bridge both methods of communication.

I see some pre-made tools for this, any recommended ones? Anything to consider that I may overlook as someone not really versed in Discord?

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
[ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

Comments

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited August 2022

I've not used it but check this out.

https://github.com/reactiflux/discord-irc

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• In the past I used a fork of discord-irc which did let you use webhooks instead of only a bot account. Although both projects seem unmaintained now...

I'd suggest taking a look at matterbridge instead. It'll do for IRC<->Discord, and other platforms.

Thanked by (2)mwt MannDude
  • SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider

You can try bitlbee with https://github.com/sm00th/bitlbee-discord/

However i'm not sue if the discord tos allow third party software clients.

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Web-Hosting ★ LIR-Services ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★
    Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• @JeDaYoshi said:
    In the past I used a fork of discord-irc which did let you use webhooks instead of only a bot account. Although both projects seem unmaintained now...

I'd suggest taking a look at matterbridge instead. It'll do for IRC<->Discord, and other platforms.

I've seen a lot of people using matterbridge for this.

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

@JeDaYoshi said:
    In the past I used a fork of discord-irc which did let you use webhooks instead of only a bot account. Although both projects seem unmaintained now...

Thanks! That seems to have done the trick for IRC, Telegram and Discord. Will add XMPP and possibly Matrix, later.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]