Hmm should I keep this OneProvider server

Comments

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited August 2022

OP does not charge VAT to Europeeeans, OVH does.
    I would keep the offline.net

• edited August 2022

This thread (amongst other things) prompted me to buy more STUFF! :o
    Grabbed from OneProvider:
    1 x Atom 8core, to replace the (much loved) UnReal server that nearly trebled in monthly cost.
    1 x Atom 2core, to replace an existing existing one, due to the Flash Sale making the monthly cost 3 bucks less.
    The dual core is a Proxmox Backup Server, for both the 8core one and a KS-7 (IIRC). Total cost for this environment is ~$32/month.

This is Lowend, after all. :)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@Nekki said: simply reply to this post with the word ‘Stop’

Stop

Excellent.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@AlwaysSkint said:
    1 x Atom 8core, to replace the (much loved) UnReal server that nearly trebled in monthly cost.
    1 x Atom 2core, to replace an existing existing one, due to the Flash Sale making the monthly cost 3 bucks less.
    The dual core is a Proxmox Backup Server, for both the 8core one and a KS-7 (IIRC). Total cost for this environment is ~$32/month.

A shopping spree?
    I thought you were always skint?!

:)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

A shopping spree?

He just won £15k at the bookies after betting on being able to get me to stop swearing at odds of 15,000-1.

• edited August 2022

LOL.
    IF I've planned this right, I'll end up with the three servers costing less than the single UnRealServer(s), that leapt from $12.50 to $35/month! Albeit missing a couple of additional IPs that I may add later.
    So, aye, a spending spree and whilst the effin' dollar to pound rate is so crap. :o Forward planning? Le(t)'s see.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited August 2022

@Nekki said:

@bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

A shopping spree?

He just won £15k at the bookies after betting on being able to get me to stop swearing at odds of 15,000-1.

Yes, I'm expecting some very heavy snowfalls today...

Who did he borrow that one pound from?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Nekki

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• iandkiandk Hosting ProviderOG

@AlwaysSkint said:

yabs for the 2core atom?
    I've been thinking of getting this as a second Proxmox backup server for my private stuff :)

AMD EPYC / NVMe / 10GBPs KVM in Frankfurt - https://v6node.com
    Looking for an unbeatable AMD EPYC Baremetal Server in Frankfurt? Drop me a PM

• My 2 core Atom is here:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-08-17                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    Thu 18 Aug 2022 09:59:10 PM +07
    Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 15 days, 1 hours, 49 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2350  @ 1.74GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 1742.022 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 1.0 GiB
    Disk       : 914.8 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-122-generic
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 372.00 KB/s     (93) | 5.32 MB/s       (83)
    Write      | 394.00 KB/s     (98) | 5.62 MB/s       (87)
    Total      | 766.00 KB/s    (191) | 10.95 MB/s     (170)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 25.08 MB/s      (48) | 29.29 MB/s      (28)
    Write      | 26.46 MB/s      (51) | 32.04 MB/s      (31)
    Total      | 51.55 MB/s      (99) | 61.33 MB/s      (59)
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.77 Gbits/sec  | 2.28 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.77 Gbits/sec  | 2.33 Gbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 1.77 Gbits/sec  | 2.35 Gbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.71 Gbits/sec  | 1.26 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | 1.07 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.57 Gbits/sec  | 409 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.18 Gbits/sec  | 692 Mbits/sec
    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 177
    Multi Core      | 286
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16711614

Thanked by (1)iandk

https://dttech.net - Personal Site.

• ^ That's close to the results that I got, though my network speed approached 1Gb/s, rather than exceeded it. I didn't complete the geekbench.
    My server's being hammered just now, syncing datastores from the existing PBS.

• iandkiandk Hosting ProviderOG

Which location did you get?

AMD EPYC / NVMe / 10GBPs KVM in Frankfurt - https://v6node.com
    Looking for an unbeatable AMD EPYC Baremetal Server in Frankfurt? Drop me a PM

• I also have one of those C2350s in Netherlands. Works great for seeding Linux ISOs, I can easily sustain ~500Mbps. I think the 5400RPM 2.5" HDD is the bottleneck in this system. :lol:

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• Paris, for me, where currently all three reside.

• My dedi in Netherlands with HDD 2.5 Inches HGST HTE721010A9E630 - Power On Hours: 48.000

https://dttech.net - Personal Site.

• Now you got me buying 2 servers from OneProvider. Managed to get a C2350 in Amsterdam and a E3-1230 v2 in LA. I'm curious to see if this is actually a dedi and not just a VPS. I'd feel a little scammed if it was..

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Nekki said: I will not be oppressed.

Therein lies the main issue; where others follow suit.

I have a one-time offer, just for you.

If you would like me to stop swearing on LES, simply reply to this post with the word ‘Stop’, and you will not see further profanity from me or my associated accounts. If I do slip-up, I will request that the moderators retire all my accounts immediately.

stop

• @dahartigan said:
    Now you got me buying 2 servers from OneProvider. Managed to get a C2350 in Amsterdam and a E3-1230 v2 in LA. I'm curious to see if this is actually a dedi and not just a VPS. I'd feel a little scammed if it was..

The C2350 is a genuine dedi. It is a custom board made by Online Labs exclusively for Online.net.

camoyoshi@condor:~$ lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 SoC Transaction Router (rev 02)
    00:0e.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 RAS (rev 02)
    00:0f.0 IOMMU: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 RCEC (rev 02)
    00:13.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 SMBus 2.0 (rev 02)
    00:14.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I354 2.5 GbE Backplane (rev 03)    
    00:16.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 USB Enhanced Host Controller (rev 02)
    00:18.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 AHCI SATA3 Controller (rev 02)                           
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 PCU (rev 02)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Atom processor C2000 PCU SMBus (rev 02)

camoyoshi@condor:~$ sudo dmidecode
    # dmidecode 3.3
    Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
    SMBIOS 2.8 present.
    41 structures occupying 1929 bytes.
    Table at 0x000E4E00.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
    BIOS Information
            Vendor: Online Labs
            Version: 00.00.00.0012
            Release Date: 01/17/2018
            Address: 0xE0000
            Runtime Size: 128 kB
            ROM Size: 6 MB
            Characteristics:
                    PCI is supported
                    BIOS is upgradeable
                    BIOS shadowing is allowed
                    Boot from CD is supported
                    Selectable boot is supported
                    EDD is supported
                    Japanese floppy for NEC 9800 1.2 MB is supported (int 13h)
                    Japanese floppy for Toshiba 1.2 MB is supported (int 13h)
                    5.25"/360 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                    5.25"/1.2 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                    3.5"/720 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                    3.5"/2.88 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                    8042 keyboard services are supported (int 9h)
                    CGA/mono video services are supported (int 10h)
                    ACPI is supported
                    USB legacy is supported
                    BIOS boot specification is supported
                    Targeted content distribution is supported
                    UEFI is supported
            BIOS Revision: 0.0

Handle 0x0001, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
    System Information
            Manufacturer: Online Labs
            Product Name: SR
            Version: (^_^)
            Serial Number: 42
            UUID: 12345678-1234-5678-90ab-cddeefaabbcc
            Wake-up Type: Power Switch
            SKU Number: (^_^)
            Family: Avoton

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
    Base Board Information
            Manufacturer: Online Labs
            Product Name: SR
            Version: 42
            Serial Number: 42
            Asset Tag: 42
            Features:
                    Board is a hosting board
                    Board is replaceable
            Location In Chassis: <BAD INDEX>
            Chassis Handle: 0x0003
            Type: Motherboard
            Contained Object Handles: 0

Handle 0x0003, DMI type 3, 22 bytes
    Chassis Information
            Manufacturer: Chassis Manufacturer
            Type: Desktop
            Lock: Not Present
            Version: Chassis Version
            Serial Number: Chassis Serial Number
            Asset Tag: Chassis Asset Tag
            Boot-up State: Safe                                                                  
            Power Supply State: Safe                                                             
            Thermal State: Safe                                                                  
            Security Status: None                                                                
            OEM Information: 0x00000000                                                          
            Height: Unspecified                                                                  
            Number Of Power Cords: 1                                                             
            Contained Elements: 0                                                                
            SKU Number: SKU Number                                                               

Handle 0x0004, DMI type 4, 42 bytes                                                          
    Processor Information                                                                        
            Socket Designation: CPU0                                                             
            Type: Central Processor                                                              
            Family: Atom                                                                         
            Manufacturer: Intel(R) Corporation                                                   
            ID: D8 06 04 00 FF FB EB BF                                                          
            Signature: Type 0, Family 6, Model 77, Stepping 8                                    
            Flags:                                                                               
                    FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)                                            
                    VME (Virtual mode extension)                                                 
                    DE (Debugging extension)                                                     
                    PSE (Page size extension)                                                    
                    TSC (Time stamp counter)                                                     
                    MSR (Model specific registers)                                               
                    PAE (Physical address extension)                                             
                    MCE (Machine check exception)                                                
                    CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)                                         
                    APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)                                       
                    SEP (Fast system call)                                                       
                    MTRR (Memory type range registers)                                           
                    PGE (Page global enable)                                                     
                    MCA (Machine check architecture)                                             
                    CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)                                
                    PAT (Page attribute table)                                                   
                    PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)                                          
                    CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)                                        
                    DS (Debug store)                                                             
                    ACPI (ACPI supported)                                                        
                    MMX (MMX technology supported)                                               
                    FXSR (FXSAVE and FXSTOR instructions supported)                              
                    SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)                                              
                    SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)                                           
                    SS (Self-snoop)                                                              
                    HTT (Multi-threading)                                                        
                    TM (Thermal monitor supported)                                               
                    PBE (Pending break enabled)                                                  
            Version: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2350  @ 1.74GHz                                     
            Voltage: 1.6 V                                                                       
            External Clock: 83 MHz                                                               
            Max Speed: 2100 MHz                                                                  
            Current Speed: 1743 MHz                                                              
            Status: Populated, Enabled                                                           
            Upgrade: Socket LGA775                                                               
            L1 Cache Handle: 0x0005                                                              
            L2 Cache Handle: 0x0006                                                              
            L3 Cache Handle: Not Provided                                                        
            Serial Number: Not Specified                                                         
            Asset Tag: UNKNOWN                                                                   
            Part Number: Not Specified                                                           
            Core Count: 2                                                                        
            Core Enabled: 2                                                                      
            Thread Count: 2                                                                      
            Characteristics:                                                                     
                    64-bit capable                                                               

Handle 0x0005, DMI type 7, 19 bytes                                                          
    Cache Information                                                                            
            Socket Designation: L1-Cache                                                         
            Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 1                                        
            Operational Mode: Write Back                                                         
            Location: Internal                                                                   
            Installed Size: 112 kB                                                               
            Maximum Size: 112 kB                                                                 
            Supported SRAM Types:                                                                
                    Synchronous                                                                  
            Installed SRAM Type: Synchronous                                                     
            Speed: Unknown                                                                       
            Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC                                                
            System Type: Instruction                                                             
            Associativity: 8-way Set-associative                                                 

Handle 0x0006, DMI type 7, 19 bytes                                                          
    Cache Information                                                                            
            Socket Designation: L2-Cache                                                         
            Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 2                                        
            Operational Mode: Write Back                                                         
            Location: Internal                                                                   
            Installed Size: 1 MB                                                                 
            Maximum Size: 1 MB                                                                   
            Supported SRAM Types:                                                                
                    Synchronous                                                                  
            Installed SRAM Type: Synchronous                                                     
            Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC                                                
            System Type: Unified                                                                 
            Associativity: 16-way Set-associative                                                

Handle 0x0007, DMI type 8, 9 bytes                                                           
    Port Connector Information                                                                   
            Internal Reference Designator: EC5                                                   
            Internal Connector Type: None                                                        
            External Reference Designator: USB                                                   
            External Connector Type: Access Bus (USB)                                            
            Port Type: USB                                                                       

Handle 0x0008, DMI type 8, 9 bytes                                                           
            Internal Reference Designator: EC6                                                   
            External Reference Designator: USB                                                   
            External Connector Type: Access Bus (USB)                                            
            Port Type: USB                                                                       

Handle 0x0009, DMI type 8, 9 bytes                                                           
            Internal Reference Designator: LAN1                                                  
            External Reference Designator: 1G Network                                            
            External Connector Type: RJ-45                                                       
            Port Type: Network Port                                                              

Handle 0x000A, DMI type 8, 9 bytes                                                           
            Internal Reference Designator: LAN1                                                  
            External Reference Designator: 1G Network                                            

Handle 0x000B, DMI type 8, 9 bytes                                                           
            Internal Reference Designator: 10GLAN1                                               
            External Reference Designator: 10G Network                                           

Handle 0x000C, DMI type 8, 9 bytes                                                           
            Internal Reference Designator: 10GLAN2                                               
            External Reference Designator: 10G Network                                           

Handle 0x000D, DMI type 9, 17 bytes                                                          
    System Slot Information                                                                      
            Designation: PCI_E_1                                                                 
            Type: x8 PCI Express x8                                                              
            Current Usage: Available                                                             
            Length: Other                                                                        
            ID: 1                                                                                
            Characteristics:                                                                     
                    PME signal is supported                                                      
                    Hot-plug devices are supported                                               
            Bus Address: 0000:00:01.0                                                            

Handle 0x000E, DMI type 9, 17 bytes                                                          
    System Slot Information                                                                      
            Designation: PCI_E_2                                                                 
            Type: x4 PCI Express x4                                                              
            ID: 2
            Characteristics:                                                                     
                    PME signal is supported                                                      
            Bus Address: 0000:00:02.0                                                            

Handle 0x000F, DMI type 9, 17 bytes                                                          
    System Slot Information                                                                      
            Designation: PCI_E_3                                                                 
            Type: x4 PCI Express x4                                                              
            ID: 3                                                                                
            Characteristics:                                                                     
                    PME signal is supported                                                      
            Bus Address: 0000:04:08.0                                                            

Handle 0x0010, DMI type 9, 17 bytes                                                          
    System Slot Information                                                                      
            Designation: PCI_E_4                                                                 
            Type: x16 PCI Express x16                                                            
            ID: 4                                                                                
            Characteristics:                                                                     
                    PME signal is supported                                                      
            Bus Address: 0000:04:09.0                                                            

Handle 0x0011, DMI type 11, 5 bytes                                                          
    OEM Strings                                                                                  
            String 1: OemString1                                                                 
            String 2: OemString2                                                                 
            String 3: OemString3                                                                 

Handle 0x0012, DMI type 12, 5 bytes                                                          
    System Configuration Options                                                                 
            Option 1: ConfigOptions1                                                             
            Option 2: ConfigOptions2                                                             
            Option 3: ConfigOptions3                                                             

Handle 0x0013, DMI type 13, 22 bytes                                                         
    BIOS Language Information                                                                    
            Language Description Format: Long                                                    
            Installable Languages: 4                                                             
                    en|US|iso8859-1,0                                                            
                    fr|CA|iso8859-1,0                                                            
                    zh|TW|unicode,0                                                              
                    ja|JP|unicode,0                                                              
            Currently Installed Language: en|US|iso8859-1,0                                      

Handle 0x0014, DMI type 15, 29 bytes                                                         
    System Event Log                                                                             
            Area Length: 0 bytes                                                                 
            Header Start Offset: 0x0000                                                          
            Header Length: 8192 bytes                                                            
            Data Start Offset: 0x2000                                                            
            Access Method: General-purpose non-volatile data functions                           
            Access Address: 0x0000                                                               
            Status: Valid, Not Full                                                              
            Change Token: 0x12345678                                                             
            Header Format: OEM-specific                                                          
            Supported Log Type Descriptors: 3                                                    
            Descriptor 1: POST memory resize                                                     
            Data Format 1: None                                                                  
            Descriptor 2: POST error                                                             
            Data Format 2: POST results bitmap                                                   
            Descriptor 3: Log area reset/cleared                                                 
            Data Format 3: None                                                                  

Handle 0x0015, DMI type 16, 23 bytes                                                         
    Physical Memory Array                                                                        
            Location: System Board Or Motherboard                                                
            Use: System Memory                                                                   
            Error Correction Type: None                                                          
            Maximum Capacity: 64 GB                                                              
            Error Information Handle: No Error                                                   
            Number Of Devices: 4                                                                 

Handle 0x0016, DMI type 17, 40 bytes                                                         
    Memory Device                                                                                
            Array Handle: 0x0015                                                                 
            Total Width: Unknown                                                                 
            Data Width: Unknown                                                                  
            Size: 4 GB                                                                           
            Form Factor: DIMM                                                                    
            Set: None                                                                            
            Locator: DIMM0                                                                       
            Bank Locator: BANK 0                                                                 
            Type: DDR3                                                                           
            Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)                                   
            Speed: 1600 MT/s                                                                     
            Manufacturer: Micron                                                                 
            Serial Number: 25121710                                                              
            Asset Tag: 01                                                                        
            Part Number: DVM64452D DATARAM                                                       
            Rank: 1                                                                              
            Configured Memory Speed: 1333 MT/s                                                   
            Minimum Voltage: Unknown                                                             
            Maximum Voltage: Unknown                                                             
            Configured Voltage: Unknown                                                          

Handle 0x0017, DMI type 17, 40 bytes                                                         
    Memory Device                                                                                
            Size: No Module Installed                                                            
            Locator: DIMM0                                                                       
            Bank Locator: BANK 1                                                                 
            Manufacturer: NO DIMM                                                                
            Serial Number: Unknown                                                               
            Asset Tag: Unknown                                                                   
            Part Number: Unknown                                                                 
            Rank: Unknown                                                                        
            Configured Memory Speed: Unknown                                                     

Handle 0x0018, DMI type 17, 40 bytes                                                         
    Memory Device                                                                                
            Locator: DIMM1                                                                       
            Bank Locator: BANK 0                                                                 

Handle 0x0019, DMI type 17, 40 bytes                                                         
    Memory Device                                                                                
            Locator: DIMM1                                                                       
            Bank Locator: BANK 1                                                                 

Handle 0x001A, DMI type 19, 31 bytes                                                         
    Memory Array Mapped Address                                                                  
            Starting Address: 0x00000000000                                                      
            Ending Address: 0x000FFFFFFFF                                                        
            Range Size: 4 GB                                                                     
            Physical Array Handle: 0x0015                                                        
            Partition Width: 4                                                                   

Handle 0x001B, DMI type 20, 35 bytes                                                         
    Memory Device Mapped Address                                                                 
            Starting Address: 0x00000000000                                                      
            Ending Address: 0x000FFFFFFFF                                                        
            Range Size: 4 GB                                                                     
            Physical Device Handle: 0x0016                                                       
            Memory Array Mapped Address Handle: 0x0015                                           
            Partition Row Position: Unknown                                                      

Handle 0x001C, DMI type 21, 7 bytes                                                          
    Built-in Pointing Device                                                                     
            Type: Touch Pad                                                                      
            Interface: PS/2                                                                      
            Buttons: 4                                                                           

Handle 0x001D, DMI type 22, 26 bytes                                                         
    Portable Battery                                                                             
            Location: Fake                                                                       
            Manufacturer: -Virtual Battery 0-                                                    
            Manufacture Date: 08/08/2010                                                         
            Serial Number: Battery 0                                                             
            Name: CRB Battery 0                                                                  
            Chemistry: Zinc Air                                                                  
            Design Capacity: Unknown                                                             
            Design Voltage: Unknown                                                              
            SBDS Version: LithiumPolymer                                                         
            Maximum Error: Unknown                                                               
            OEM-specific Information: 0x00000000                                                 

Handle 0x001E, DMI type 26, 24 bytes                                                         
    Voltage Probe                                                                                
            Description: Voltage Probe Description                                               
            Location: Unknown                                                                    
            Status: Unknown                                                                      
            Maximum Value: Unknown                                                               
            Minimum Value: Unknown                                                               
            Resolution: Unknown                                                                  
            Tolerance: Unknown                                                                   
            Accuracy: Unknown                                                                    
            OEM-specific Information: 0x00008000                                                 
            Nominal Value: 0.000 V                                                               

Handle 0x001F, DMI type 27, 15 bytes                                                         
    Cooling Device                                                                               
            Temperature Probe Handle: 0x0020                                                     
            Type: Fan                                                                            
            Status: OK                                                                           
            OEM-specific Information: 0x00000000                                                 
            Nominal Speed: 8192 rpm                                                              
            Description: Cooling Device Description                                              

Handle 0x0020, DMI type 28, 24 bytes                                                         
    Temperature Probe                                                                            
            Description: Temperature Probe Description                                           
            Location: Unknown                                                                    
            Status: Unknown                                                                      
            Maximum Value: Unknown                                                               
            Minimum Value: Unknown                                                               
            Resolution: Unknown                                                                  
            Tolerance: Unknown                                                                   
            Accuracy: Unknown                                                                    
            OEM-specific Information: 0x00008000                                                 
            Nominal Value: 0.0 deg C                                                             

Handle 0x0021, DMI type 32, 11 bytes                                                         
    System Boot Information                                                                      
            Status: No errors detected                                                           

Handle 0x0022, DMI type 39, 22 bytes                                                         
    System Power Supply                                                                          
            Location: OEM Define 0                                                               
            Name: OEM Define 1                                                                   
            Manufacturer: OEM Define 2                                                           
            Serial Number: OEM Define 3                                                          
            Asset Tag: OEM Define 4                                                              
            Model Part Number: OEM Define 5                                                      
            Revision: OEM Define 6                                                               
            Max Power Capacity: 75 W                                                             
            Status: Not Present                                                                  
            Type: Regulator                                                                      
            Input Voltage Range Switching: Auto-switch                                           
            Plugged: No                                                                          
            Hot Replaceable: No                                                                  

Handle 0x0023, DMI type 40, 17 bytes                                                         
    Additional Information 1                                                                     
            Referenced Handle: 0x000c                                                            
            Referenced Offset: 0x05                                                              
            String: PCIExpressx16                                                                
            Value: 0xaa                                                                          
    Additional Information 2                                                                     
            Referenced Handle: 0x0000                                                            
            Referenced Offset: 0x05                                                              
            String: Compiler Version: VC 9.0                                                     
            Value: 0x00                                                                          

Handle 0x0024, DMI type 128, 8 bytes                                                         
    OEM-specific Type                                                                            
            Header and Data:                                                                     
                    80 08 24 00 55 AA 55 AA                                                      
            Strings:                                                                             
                    Oem Type 128 Test 1                                                          
                    Oem Type 128 Test 2                                                          

Handle 0x0025, DMI type 129, 8 bytes                                                         
    OEM-specific Type                                                                            
            Header and Data:                                                                     
                    81 08 25 00 01 01 02 01                                                      
            Strings:                                                                             
                    Insyde_ASF_001                                                               
                    Insyde_ASF_002                                                               

Handle 0x0026, DMI type 130, 20 bytes                                                        
    OEM-specific Type                                                                            
            Header and Data:                                                                     
                    82 14 26 00 24 41 4D 54 01 01 01 01 01 A5 1F 02                              
                    00 00 00 00                                                                  

Handle 0x0027, DMI type 136, 6 bytes                                                         
    OEM-specific Type                                                                            
            Header and Data:                                                                     
                    88 06 27 00 FF FF                                                            

Handle 0xFEFF, DMI type 127, 4 bytes                                                         
    End Of Table                                                                                 

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited August 2022

@foxone said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

If you would like me to stop swearing on LES, simply reply to this post with the word ‘Stop’, and you will not see further profanity from me or my associated accounts. If I do slip-up, I will request that the moderators retire all my accounts immediately.

stop

The offer wasn't made to you. You've incurred a penalty as a result.

• edited August 2022

Jeez, these Atoms are slooooow. I've given 4cores@75% on the C2750 to a KVM running Nextcloud. It's getting maxed out loads and making me very sleepy. zzzz.
    It makes me wonder if the dual core i3-530 would be better, with the KVM running on 2x 1/4 cores. :anguished:
    ( I really miss my $12.50/m Dual Quad Xeon 5420 :'( )

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Jeez, these Atoms are slooooow. I've given 4cores@75% on the C2750 to a KVM running Nextcloud. It's getting maxed out loads and making me very sleepy. zzzz.
    It makes me wonder if the dual core i3-530 would be better, with the KVM running on 2x 1/4 cores. :anguished:
    ( I really miss my $12.50/m Dual Quad Xeon 5420 :'( )

Atoms are the weakest of weak sauces in the hands of the modern technically inclined gentleman. I’m sure there are a few suitable use cases, but there’s a reason they’re so cheap.

• @Nekki said:

@foxone said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

stop

Charge him $ 5 or better yet... $ 800 (A la Virmach!)

• edited August 2022

I've set the 8-core C2750 to be cancelled at end of billing period. Too slow.
    Strangely, my cheapo Scaleway 2-core Atom runs OK with Nextcloud. Of course it's not fast but doesn't need to be.
    Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained and I'll keep the OneProvider 2-core Atom as the PBS, which will end up being cheaper than what it was, after 3-4 months (due to setup fee).

• edited August 2022

Canceled both OVH & OneProvider (terrible support)

Bought a dedi directly via Online.net, 23 EUR / mo

I guess CPU MHz is LEET.

root@sd-112689:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-08-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue 23 Aug 2022 12:50:08 PM CEST

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1531 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 12 @ 1337.168 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.3 GiB
    Swap       : 1022.0 MiB
    Disk       : 227.3 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-17-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 113.56 MB/s  (28.3k) | 164.80 MB/s   (2.5k)
    Write      | 113.85 MB/s  (28.4k) | 165.66 MB/s   (2.5k)
    Total      | 227.41 MB/s  (56.8k) | 330.46 MB/s   (5.1k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 186.12 MB/s    (363) | 191.99 MB/s    (187)
    Write      | 196.01 MB/s    (382) | 204.78 MB/s    (199)
    Total      | 382.13 MB/s    (745) | 396.77 MB/s    (386)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 938 Mbits/sec   | 721 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 777 Mbits/sec   | 942 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 662 Mbits/sec   | 937 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 643 Mbits/sec   | 195 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 743 Mbits/sec   | 192 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 301 Mbits/sec   | 99.4 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 449 Mbits/sec   | 134 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 733
    Multi Core      | 4143
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16813110

2x 250GB Raid1

Model Family:     Samsung based SSDs
            Device Model:     Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
            SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED
            9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   099   099   000    Old_age   Always       -       4

• @Amadex said:
    Canceled both OVH & OneProvider (terrible support)

YEAH BOYYEEEEEEE!

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

Stay at OVH.

The processor is superior, one of the best ddos protections, and probably your download can exceed 1g in SYS in this configuration, only the upload is limited. I have an e3-1270v6 that receives 10G download and only upload limited to 250mbps.

There are also cheaper ips on SYS.

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.

• Tutanota, nice choice.

Thanked by (1)Amadex
  • @Nekki said:

@foxone said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

stop

what's the penalty

• edited August 2022

@Amadex said:
    (image)

Your IPMI IP address is in the screenshot...

Thanked by (1)Amadex

• @foxone said:

@Nekki said:

@foxone said:

@Nekki said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

stop

what's the penalty

It’ll be something involving beans. That’s as much as you’re getting.