Theme Selektor is here, Night? Day? your choice!

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    (…) please do a hard refresh on your device.

If using Firefox on iOS, this has worked for me to reload theme etc (to get emojis etc to behave after being fixed):

• Request Desktop mode
    • Switch back to Mobile mode
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Patching in 2 minutes

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• The dark theme is growing on me.
    A choice is better than no choice.

Thanked by (1)uptime
  • Pagination = Guesstimation

patched and cache cleared.

Please refresh (fully)

There are a number of issues with compatibility between vanilla core and safari browser, these will not be fixed immediately but will be looked in to for the short-medium term.

• Confirming Page number cells patched. ?
    On desktop, use CTRL+F5 to force refresh

• Also the initial highlight when you make a new post. ?

@Phill said:

Also the initial highlight when you make a new post. ?

oooff!

• edited November 2019

@vimalware said:
    Confirming Page number cells patched. ?
    On desktop, use CTRL+F5 to force refresh

However, a new nitpick arises. @Solaire
    The 'Currently viewing ' page's number is not highlighted in dark mode. (especially painful when visiting the #latest uri of a thread after a long time)

Thanked by (1)ITLabs
  • Finally, dark theme! Dark sites are the best for mobile phones!
    Maybe I should start converting my websites to dark as well..

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

@somik said:
    Finally, dark theme! Dark sites are the best for mobile phones!

To be honest because I have really never used a mobile device for any significant browsing activity, more emergency access only, looking at some of the stats I am shocked to see that around 40% of all views in the last 48 hours were on a mobile or tablet.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

• @AnthonySmith said:

@somik said:
    Finally, dark theme! Dark sites are the best for mobile phones!

To be honest because I have really never used a mobile device for any significant browsing activity, more emergency access only, looking at some of the stats I am shocked to see that around 40% of all views in the last 48 hours were on a mobile or tablet.

Normally I get access to a PC only after I leave work (unless I'm using work PC for personal reasons). So most of the time I'm on mobile phone. Once I go get home, I have dinner while catching up on my shows. So not much time to browse forums.

• @AnthonySmith said:

I browse a lot in my commute or at breaks in work, so have to use my phone, and in bed I browse using a tablet, so that’s like 70-80% of my activity here.

The world is changing, insert epic LOTR style opening speech "here"

Thanked by (1)vimalware

• edited November 2019

The Ents were spending the whole night discussing which forum page they were reading.
    ... and I got bored and fallen asleep...

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• poissonpoisson OG
    edited November 2019

Woke up to a sea of welcome changes.

LES > LET because we have the THEME SELEKTOR.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @Phill said:
    Also the initial highlight when you make a new post. ?

That looks... flashy. I'll look into it, cheers :)

@vimalware said:
    The 'Currently viewing ' page's number is not highlighted in dark mode. (especially painful when visiting the #latest uri of a thread after a long time)

I'll take note of that too, thanks! I don't have much time on my hands over the next few days but I'll take care of it.

• For the Dark Theme, can the color of the discussion/topic be in anything else other than white? Same goes with the signature.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:
    For the Dark Theme, can the color of the discussion/topic be in anything else other than white? Same goes with the signature.

Can you please add a screenshot to clarify on what you mean about the discussion / topic thingy?

• @Solaire said:
    Can you please add a screenshot to clarify on what you mean about the discussion / topic thingy?

Can the color of the discussion/topic text be Green, the same Green used for the button background and borders of this Dark Theme?

Same goes to the signature text color.

Thanked by (1)Solaire

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:
    Can the color of the discussion/topic text be Green, the same Green used for the button background and borders of this Dark Theme?

Gotcha, thanks. I don't consider it much of a priority for now, but I'll add it to my backlog :)

Thanked by (1)TheDP
  • @Solaire said:

@thedp said:

Gotcha, thanks. I don't consider it much of a priority for now, but I'll add it to my backlog :)

Yeah, not so critical, just cosmetics :smiley:

Thanked by (1)Solaire

edited November 2019

@Solaire said:

@thedp said:

Can I suggest that we make that a longer term goal and call it 'Dark Terminal' as a 3rd option.?

Thanked by (1)Solaire

CSS Updated, cloudflare cache cleared, hard refresh people!

• @AnthonySmith said:

@Solaire said:

@thedp said:

Can I suggest that we make that a longer term goal and call it 'Dark Terminal' as a 3rd option.?

Yep, completely agree. I was thinking to fork the dark theme as well in order to change the text color to green since it's very personal whether or not that is to your liking :)

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I chose night mode to help my eyes at night. It's now 09:41AM and I forgot to sleep because of night mode.

Can sue?

Thanked by (3)poisson vimalware flips

@SmallWeb said:
    I chose night mode to help my eyes at night. It's now 09:41AM and I forgot to sleep because of night mode.

Can sue?

Well I mean, you could, but knowing that I used to live in North Shields, would it be worth it do you think?

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

• @AnthonySmith said:

@SmallWeb said:

Can sue?

Well I mean, you could, but knowing that I used to live in North Shields, would it be worth it do you think?

Enough for a low end VPS!

Spacing updated, hard refresh folks!

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited November 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    Spacing updated, hard refresh folks!

Main page looks good, well done mate :)
    There seems to be spacing (paragraph) when typing in this comment box too - or not? Like it isn't really the next line.

This discussion has been closed.