RamNode | OpenVZ VPS $12/yr LES Sale

2»

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@nessa said:
    Hi all, thank you for your patience. I've added AlmaLinux 9 and Debian 11. Ubuntu 22 is going to be a little bit of a challenge but right now you can install 20 and dist upgrade to 22.

thanks got one 2GB!

Thanked by (1)nessa

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @nessa said:

@nessa said:
    Hi all, thank you for your patience. I've added AlmaLinux 9 and Debian 11. Ubuntu 22 is going to be a little bit of a challenge but right now you can install 20 and dist upgrade to 22.

We have Ubuntu 22 now :)

May the jellyfish be with you.

jellyfish

Thanked by (3)nessa ehab Janevski

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Guys, i never used OVZ before, can you answer me:
    lxc or systemd/machinectl containers will work on OpenVZ?

They both container itself, and seems that lxc can't work on OpenVZ because of lxbr* network interface can't be created, but what about machinectl (i know its not popular but may be someone have experience with it)?

• nessanessa Hosting Provider

@SashkaPro said:
    Guys, i never used OVZ before, can you answer me:
    lxc or systemd/machinectl containers will work on OpenVZ?

They both container itself, and seems that lxc can't work on OpenVZ because of lxbr* network interface can't be created, but what about machinectl (i know its not popular but may be someone have experience with it)?

If you're talking about doing some sort of nested containerization, no, that won't work on OpenVZ. DM me and I'll find you something!

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection

• I have some problems with firewall. I use a script to automate the installation of the rules and in the end i have a VPS non reachable. So digging on the net i got this:
    https://techsch.com/tutorials/resolve-iptables-no-chain-target-match-name

So is it correct to think that is there an uncompiled module into the kernel? Specifically CONFIG_NETFILTER
    Or do I need to activate it in some way?

• JabJab
    edited September 2022

This is OpenVZ thing - kernel is 'shared' across node server and VPS-es, you can't just add something locally.

So if some modules are not installed you simply can't use them. Most of the times you ask your provider (ticket! ;)) if they can install something on the node. Most of the times they say yes, sometimes they say no.

I would suggest checking that automated script you using and check what modules are missing @kokkez so you won't open 3 tickets for "Hey, I neeed <x>" - then it fails later at y, so you go "Hey, I need <y> also", then it fails at z and you go 3rd ticket "It's me again, I need <z>!" and provider is already mad on you - a lot of manual work for 12$ VPS per year.

Thanked by (2)nessa kokkez

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@kokkez said:
    So is it correct to think that is there an uncompiled module into the kernel? Specifically CONFIG_NETFILTER
    Or do I need to activate it in some way?

Please open a ticket with us, our staff should be able to help with this.

Thanked by (1)kokkez

• This is the same reason why on OVZ you cannot use nftables

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• @kokkez said: uncompiled module into the kernel

I had iptables_nat module missing into kernel for running vpn, and simple ticket with response time of 2 min resolved my issue.

Thanked by (2)nessa kokkez

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• @emperor said:

@kokkez said: uncompiled module into the kernel

I had iptables_nat module missing into kernel for running vpn, and simple ticket with response time of 2 min resolved my issue.

same prob, same great response time. perhaps it should be standard on lowend deal packages to save csr time though, lol <3

I ain’t reading all that, but I’m happy for you though. Or sorry that happened.

tried a few templates and they have apache2 installed by default. is this normal?

@cybertech said:
    tried a few templates and they have apache2 installed by default. is this normal?

I kept most of the openvz templates as-is, some of them do have Apache installed by default. I was considering removing it from the spec and rebuilding :/

• What's your policy on torrent and VPN?

• edited September 2022

I had to cancel one of the VPS because the templates are not clean, and having issues installing basic control panels. I have tried all the templates, but all have problems of some sort. I don't know if it's the templates or it's OpenVZ. Unfortunately, this is something I can't use for web projects. I do have one for a VPN. Just my two cents.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net

@phxwolf said:
    I had to cancel one of the VPS because the templates are not clean, and having issues installing basic control panels. I have tried all the templates, but all have problems of some sort. I don't know if it's the templates or it's OpenVZ. Unfortunately, this is something I can't use for web projects. I do have one for a VPN. Just my two cents.

same experience here. managed to get debian 11 partially working by uninstalling apache2.

@intermall said:
    What's your policy on torrent and VPN?

we are a US based host. just don't get us in trouble :)

• Would be very helpful if there was an offer for like 6$ too. Thanks.

• good to see now there's 12$, it used to be 15$

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @nessa Do it support rDNS modification?

• Sadly my budget is $8

Action and Reaction in history

• @goodone said:
    @nessa Do it support rDNS modification?

To me has worked via ticket, and very quickly, because via SolusVM do not work