Bunny.net DNS

2»

Comments

• So far so good. I’m not seeing much difference from cloudflare for my use case.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Considered moving some stuff over, but CF still has a couple things I need/want. e.g. Ability to rate limit say an API endpoint by IP & run cloudworkers w/ KV

• @havoc said: Considered moving some stuff over, but CF still has a couple things I need/want. e.g. Ability to rate limit say an API endpoint by IP & run cloudworkers w/ KV

Bunny has that, you can set up request limits in their panel.

Thanked by (2)havoc FrankZ
  • Wow... In just 4 days I've had 117,116 Queries. Do they change for all Queries or just ones that reply back?

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Just noticed they added SSD storage too...interesting for small sites that have a couple megs of data so doesn't really matter what the cost per gig is

@stevewatson301 said:

@havoc said: Considered moving some stuff over, but CF still has a couple things I need/want. e.g. Ability to rate limit say an API endpoint by IP & run cloudworkers w/ KV

Bunny has that, you can set up request limits in their panel.

oh that's cool. Just found it...maybe that's new cause I don't recall it. Thanks!

@AaronSS said:
    Wow... In just 4 days I've had 117,116 Queries. Do they change for all Queries or just ones that reply back?

I'd hope all queries get sent replies ;)

I do wonder whether there is some sort of DDoS mitigation in place. i.e. if someone sends a couple billion requests your way

• @AaronSS said:
    Wow... In just 4 days I've had 117,116 Queries. Do they change for all Queries or just ones that reply back?

That works around 878k per 30 days, based on the pricing I wouldn't worry too much: Standard Queries (First 20 million) FREE

• @havoc said:
    Just noticed they added SSD storage too...interesting for small sites that have a couple megs of data so doesn't really matter what the cost per gig is

That's exactly what I use it for!

• Do they provide full ipv6 support?

• @MrNutz99 said:
    Do they provide full ipv6 support?

No

• Hi, I'm testing Bunny Geo DNS (Smart Queries) and I'm lean to believe that unresolved queries count, like records without IPv6.
    What are your thoughts?

• YES, FINALLY!

I always wanted to use Bunny (and that's also the reason why i always bought credit whenever i had the occasion, even though I never generated enough traffic for it to be touched).