c1vhosting - IPv6 issue - I need a bit of help of the community

Comments

• i didn't know @c1vhosting is here.
    kindly fix ipv6 or refund Mumbly if he has the right for a claim.

Thanked by (3)Janevski yoursunny Mumbly
  • @stevewatson301 said:
    Doesn't look good on the first try:

root@1117:~# ip -6 neigh
    fe80::b0ab:3bff:fe28:611a dev eth0 lladdr b2:ab:3b:28:61:1a STALE
    2a05:4140:3::474 dev eth0 lladdr b2:ab:3b:28:61:1a STALE
    2a05:4140:3::1 dev eth0  FAILED

This suggests you have link-local addresses enabled.
    Your container may transmit Neighbor Solicitation for the gateway's address, using link-local address as the source address.
    If ebtables blocks link-local addresses, the Neighbor Solicitation cannot go out, and you see FAILED.

Normally I use fully static configuration:

# /etc/netplan/01-netcfg.yaml
    network:
      version: 2
      ethernets:
        uplink:
          match:
            macaddress: 00:16:3e:28:f7:e9
          set-name: uplink
          dhcp4: false
          dhcp6: false
          link-local: []
          addresses:
            - 192.0.2.6/24
            - 2001:db8:5:1124::1/112
          routes:
            - to: 0.0.0.0/0
              via: 192.0.2.1
              on-link: true
            - to: ::/0
              via: 2001:db8:0:100::1
              on-link: true
          nameservers:
            addresses:
            - 2001:4860:4860::8888
            - 2606:4700:4700::1111

Even that, sometimes the provider's router doesn't respond to Neighbor Solicitation quickly.
    Since the router replacement rarely happens, I can statically save a Neighbor entry too.

; /etc/systemd/system/ip6neigh-router.service
    [Unit]
    Description=Set ip neigh entry for IPv6 router
    After=network-online.target
    Wants=network-online.target

[Service]
    Type=oneshot
    ExecStart=ip neigh replace 2001:db8:0:100::1 lladdr 00:19:a9:5e:2c:00 nud noarp dev uplink

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

After all these, if it still doesn't work, there's nothing more you can fix, and it must be provider's fault.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny change your profile pic to what you look like now..... i am tired of this kid pic..... and it makes me feel like your grandpapa.

Thanked by (1)nyamenk
  • edited September 2022

@ehab said:
    @yoursunny change your profile pic to what you look like now..... i am tired of this kid pic..... and it makes me feel like your grandpapa.

The profile picture is part of one's online identify.
    You shouldn't change it ever.
    https://medium.com/@rrhoover/why-i-never-change-my-profile-pic-72de0daa2785

On certain anniversaries of my profile picture, I re-create it:

However, this outfit is falling apart after 12 years of abuse (including bushwhacking and rolling in the mud), so this practice may not continue for long.

• @ehab said:
    i didn't know @c1vhosting is here.
    kindly fix ipv6 or refund Mumbly if he has the right for a claim.

This.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • @yoursunny said:
    However, this outfit is falling apart after 12 years of abuse (including bushwhacking and rolling in the mud), so this practice may not continue for long.

may you have long youth... and health... and lots of sex.

• Quick update.

We're moving finally. After 3 weeks of going back and forth they found and issue, internal router is acting up. For now they are able to "restart" IPv6 connectivity, it work for some short time... and then just die.
    Although we established in this thread that it's not issue on my side and he confimed it with "internal router issue", I refuse to log into vps before I won't be sure that IPv6 work properly. Right now it's down on the both servers (ping.pe and uptimemonitor check).
    Damn frustrating, but at least he won't blame me for broke it some time I hope... This can be really annoying. Especially with newly re-installed vps I didn't even touch yet.

Thanked by (2)Janevski yoursunny
  • The hosting business is like hostel business. Clients want hot water, the landlord shuts it down, etc.

@ehab Check out this channel:
    https://m.youtube.com/c/PPPeter1/videos

• kasodkkasodk Retired
    edited September 2022

@ehab said:
    hey @yoursunny

root@pushups:~# ping6 ipv6.google.com
    PING ipv6.google.com(mil04s43-in-x0e.1e100.net (2a00:1450:4002:402::200e)) 56 data bytes
    From xxx: icmp_seq=1 Destination unreachable: Address unreachable

it resolves dns but does not route ? what can be the problem ... gateway is set statically. What can be the problem?

interface ip6 is up

root@pushups:~# ping6 -c 1 ::1
    PING ::1(::1) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from ::1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.042 ms
    --- ::1 ping statistics ---
    1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.042/0.042/0.042/0.000 ms

but does not route outside?

@stevewatson301 maybe same network works, i will pm you ip6 of the vps to check if same network works.

Some of Google's CDN servers don't respond to ping/ping6.
    I can't ping ipv6.google.com (mil04s51-in-x0e.1e100.net) from one of my servers, but everything works fine.

test with:
    curl ipv6.google.com

or traceroute.

• @Janevski said:
    The hosting business is like hostel business. Clients want hot water, the landlord shuts it down, etc.

hilarious find .... this guy is funny even with all the stereo types he portrays. Already saw some 20min of worst hotel and all the time i was thinking of hostsolutions in romain if you recall marius ....

keep those finds coming :) Thank you

Thanked by (2)ralf Janevski
  • @Janevski said:
    The hosting business is like hostel business. Clients want hot water, the landlord shuts it down, etc.

Thanks to your recommendation, I've just wasted 2 hours!

Thanked by (2)ehab Janevski
  • edited September 2022

Quick update (if someone's curious)

Since yesterday my findings are next:

1. if I reboot VPS (via control panel, I won't log in until this get fixed) sometimes IPv6 come back on the reboot, sometimes don't. Quick reboot don't kill it always.
    2. if I power down VPS and after some minute or less power it up IPv6 mostly don't come back. It stays dead.
    3. if I don't do anything IPv6 die by itself after some time, after few hours of downtime come back for few minutes (or they started it manually? - I don't know what's the reason for IPv6 coming back around the same time for both VPSes), and then die again.

That's how it looks like:

(I was sleeping those last 8 hours, no reboots from me, it was dying by itself)

I am not very optimistic about them able to fix issue and they of course don't want to hear anything about parting ways and refund. I have two yearly VPSes with them, one paid full price and the other discounted (from LES offer). Situation is identical on the both.

I decided to give them some more time (not because I am eager to stay with them as I lost all the confidence about their competence, but because I don't like nasty endings), but if they won't be able o fix it in the next few days I will most likely open case with paypal anyway. Soon it will be month over since this started. That's some impressive long time for a "datacenter" to deal with issue like that without being able to fix it.

• @ehab @ralf

Check out his Africa series playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiPKnOyG5zI&list=PLPtu9cNe7fCmbpKMLw2vbm8VMaQUJLJdv
    Including the episode when he got malaria.

Thanked by (2)ehab ralf
  • @ralf said:
    I find it very strange that a hosting provider with their own datacentre who's been running their business since 2008 seems to only have the sysadmin skills of someone who started a few months ago... ;)

How dare you come up with those accusations!

Thanked by (1)ralf
  • @Janevski said:
    @ehab @ralf

Check out his Africa series playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiPKnOyG5zI&list=PLPtu9cNe7fCmbpKMLw2vbm8VMaQUJLJdv
    Including the episode when he got malaria.

Just watched the first few, including the running one. Kind of stupid thing I'd do, except I'd be using my Garmin watch to log the route.

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • @yoursunny said:

@ehab said:
    @yoursunny change your profile pic to what you look like now..... i am tired of this kid pic..... and it makes me feel like your grandpapa.

Crowdfund this outfit to be repaired, it should continue

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @Mumbly said:
    Quick update (if someone's curious)

Since yesterday my findings are next:

1. if I reboot VPS (via control panel, I won't log in until this get fixed) sometimes IPv6 come back on the reboot, sometimes don't. Quick reboot don't kill it always.
    2. if I power down VPS and after some minute or less power it up IPv6 mostly don't come back. It stays dead.
    3. if I don't do anything IPv6 die by itself after some time, after few hours of downtime come back for few minutes (or they started it manually? - I don't know what's the reason for IPv6 coming back around the same time for both VPSes), and then die again.

That's how it looks like:

(I was sleeping those last 8 hours, no reboots from me, it was dying by itself)

I am not very optimistic about them able to fix issue and they of course don't want to hear anything about parting ways and refund. I have two yearly VPSes with them, one paid full price and the other discounted (from LES offer). Situation is identical on the both.

I decided to give them some more time (not because I am eager to stay with them as I lost all the confidence about their competence, but because I don't like nasty endings), but if they won't be able o fix it in the next few days I will most likely open case with paypal anyway. Soon it will be month over since this started. That's some impressive long time for a "datacenter" to deal with issue like that without being able to fix it.

Yes, but he can't get into the datacenter if all his clothes are in the wardrobe aswell. Please don't be so unreasonable.

• edited September 2022

@chris said:

@yoursunny said:

@ehab said:

Crowdfund this outfit to be repaired, it should continue

This tank top looks almost identical.
    Are you gonna send me one?

TSLA Men's Sleeveless Workout Shirts
    (click picture to see product page)

• @yoursunny said: This tank top looks almost identical.

90 % Polyester, 10 % Elastan

Pick a proper one not made from plastic bottles and I'll order it for you.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:

@yoursunny said: This tank top looks almost identical.

All the gym bros and outdoor hikers know not to wear cotton.
    It's either polyester or (very expensive) merino wool.

• @yoursunny said:

@Brueggus said:

@yoursunny said: This tank top looks almost identical.

All the gym bros and outdoor hikers know not to wear cotton.
    It's either polyester or (very expensive) merino wool.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Mumbly said:
    I know, I know... and I fell for it, silly me... :s

You might enjoy this thread... https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181676/c1vhosting-is-scam#latest

Thanked by (1)lesuser
  • @ralf said:

@Mumbly said:

You might enjoy this thread... https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181676/c1vhosting-is-scam#latest

I came here to post this.

• @ralf said:

@Mumbly said:

Well, it sucks, because I can imagine how helpless this guy feel. He need service he paid for in a timely manner within industry standards, not in some unspecific distant future.

My issue isn't resolved yet however it seems like it will be in the next two days hopefully.
    After going back and forth for another two weeks, Luca finally respondend with deadline and promised refund if things won't be resolved until 4.10.2022. I see this deadline as progress, because finally I have more than just permanent "we're working at it, it will be fixed soon".
    So lets wait and see if he will keep his word.

Thanked by (1)ralf
  • @Mumbly said: promised refund if things won't be resolved until 4.10.2022. I see this deadline as progress

More like ticket closed as resolved =)

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

@cybertech said:
    @c1vhosting care to clarify?

They have a 90 days waiting period ;) .. check that other forum for more details

hostEONS.com - 9 Locations for VPS (US and EU).. Free Blesta License, Free Windows 2019 License and more. Shared DA Hosting. AS142036 .. Ryzen 7950X Based VDS in SLC, LA and Dallas

• @Jab said:

@Mumbly said: promised refund if things won't be resolved until 4.10.2022. I see this deadline as progress

Quick update on 4.10.2022 deadline (as that's right thing to do).

I was curious how will things play out today without much faith in them, but miraculously after one month and one week IPv6 started to work.
    ping.pe (with slow 20s interval) show some little packetloss (approx 3 - 4%, not enough to disconnect Irssi, I parked solely for uptime check), but generally looking IPv6 finally work. They also adjusted VPSes expiration date for one month as this last month both VPSes served solely for IPv6 troubleshooting.
    Again big thanks to @ehab and @stevewatson301 for answering my call for help as things started to move into the right direction from there on. This issue seems resolved now and I hope it stay that way.

Thanked by (3)ehab c1vhosting pikachu
  • @Mumbly said:
    Again big thanks to @ehab and @stevewatson301 for answering my call for help as things started to move into the right direction from there on. This issue seems resolved now and I hope it stay that way.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@Mumbly said:

@Jab said:

@Mumbly said: promised refund if things won't be resolved until 4.10.2022. I see this deadline as progress

Quick update on 4.10.2022 deadline (as that's right thing to do).

I was curious how will things play out today without much faith in them, but miraculously after one month and one week IPv6 started to work.
    ping.pe (with slow 20s interval) show some little packetloss (approx 3 - 4%, not enough to disconnect Irssi, I parked solely for uptime check), but generally looking IPv6 finally work. They also adjusted VPSes expiration date for one month as this last month both VPSes served solely for IPv6 troubleshooting.

Thanks @Mumbly for your cooperation. I apologize for the problem you encountered.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram