Mobile SSH client

Do you use any mobile ssh client (JuiceSSH, Termius, etc) for accessing your servers on the go? If yes, which one do you use and why do you prefer it over the others?

Comments

• Termux if really necessary

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • Termux w/ ssh and mosh installed. Being able to ping and run nmap/rustscan/metasploit directly on device is very useful as well. I've also got Hacker's Keyboard installed from the play store.

Thanked by (2)mwt ElonBezos
  • Juice, it's free
    but if you ssh on your phone quite often, you might deserve a better one i suppose

• I have often fantasised about accessing my servers 'on-the-go' using a smartphone, exploring a few solutions
    Eventually I prefer to open my Thinkpad-on-the-go and access, for quite a few reasons (mainly: I don't want tmux sessions lingering via a device I may forget around)(and I tend to forget my phones around)(that's not the case for my Thinkpad-on-the-go)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited September 2022

On iOS I’m using Termius, and it’s working pretty well 🙂 , however I’ve not tried any other, just cause this one made my day. It can save servers, keys, and even has an option to add the public key automatically on a server in authorized_keys (with a bash command).

I mostly use it just to manage my servers in case of outage if I don’t have access to my computer.

• nessanessa Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

I still use juiceSSH. It's simple and I don't like change.

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection

• edited September 2022

Work via phone feels a bit masochistic for me so I rarely use it, but for some quick task I prefer ConnectBot. It's fast, clean and it just work without any useless junk.

ConnectBot is a powerful open-source Secure Shell (SSH) client. It can manage simultaneous SSH sessions, create secure tunnels, and copy/paste between other applications.

https://github.com/connectbot/connectbot
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.connectbot

• @Mumbly said: Work via phone feels a bit masochistic

lol wtf

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

I like Termius because I have multiple devices and its easy to add other devices and they will all have what I need automatically and runs on any operating system (yes I use multiple OS's).

LittleCreekHosting.com

• I use termius a lot. I mostly manage servers on my phone before going to sleep.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

juicessh, paid version with cloudsync

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @podman said:
    Termux w/ ssh and mosh installed. Being able to ping and run nmap/rustscan/metasploit directly on device is very useful as well. I've also got Hacker's Keyboard installed from the play store.

damn all this time i must be living in a cave dont know about this full keyboard, always use termius cz it has keyboard with fn, arrows & ctrl keys..
    now i can comfortly using termux or maybe juice

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG
    edited September 2022

Termux. I really enjoyed Termius for a long time but I decided the value of my data exceeded the value of my account, as I was using it to sync between devices, and I can't know what I don't know about what happens on the other side. No punishment for being paranoid.

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• I use Juice but admittedly its just one of the first ones I used and dont need to SSH via mobile often so I'm used to it.

• Termius. It's easy to use and works well.

Filen.io - use this link to signup and we both get extra 10GB free.
    https://filen.io/r/4d472d5cdb57f6663621a251065e0b51

• @AndrewL64 said:

@Mumbly said: Work via phone feels a bit masochistic

lol wtf

What?
    Pre-written scripts and Hacker's Keyboard make things a bit easeir but don't tell me that you actually enjoy to manage servers via phone on-screen keyboard :)

• edited October 2022

I totally get managing servers on a sizeable ( >=8 inch ) tablet, if you must be mobile - sod doing it on a titchy 'phone. You're f'kin mental you lot! :p
    [I'll stick with my Toshiba Click Mini or Sony TZ, for those rare occasions when I need to monitor/manage stuff when away from home.]

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• I use my ipad and just connect RDP to my work VM, then use ssh that way. I do have Termius installed on my iPhone for emergency use.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net

• Termux, and LinuxDeploy could come handy in some cases.

Thanked by (2)ceddr amiir
  • I also have Termius setup on my phone, though I've only used it initially since I pretty much take a laptop with me everywhere I go just in case anyways.

• juicessh, free version

• ConnectBot works nicely for me. No ads or in-app purchases or other bullshit.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly