VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@bakageta said: Got an email about LAX2Z019 earlier. I've already written this server off, personally, and I let it go when it was for renewal back in Nov. Looks like it skipped my cancellation request. the due date was bumped to Nov 2024 at some point and it got suspended for non-payment, we'll see if it gets another correction to 1 year after it's actually up.

It'd be +1 year on what was paid for so in your case if you "cancelled" it on November 2023, then the correct bump would be to November 2024, so about 6 months of service remaining which should exceed whatever amount of outage you would have faced from when it went down until November 2023.

The way it was processed, even if it was "cancelled," the extension should have applied (in the past, only active services would have automatically received the extension AFAIK/IIRC.)

However, I'm not sure about the suspension for non-payment being automatically lifted automatically. I don't think it will. I guess we'll know when the next cron runs but it might be tied specifically to a payment and not necessarily the next due date. It doesn't mean the replacement service is going to be suspended though, it's just the billing portion. I'm trying to find some time in the coming day(s) to just clean these up in case it's not fixed by cron, to avoid the need for tickets.

Keep in mind your cancellation request is still in. All it does is makes sure you don't get billed again, and terminates it if the server is online for it to be possible for it to terminate. So that would take place November 2024 since it's still in. You can of course lift it.

I remember your name so I'll have a look after the cron run. We technically could have done it "properly" by having the system find the associated most recent unpaid/cancelled invoice, set it back to unpaid, generate credits, pro-rate it, blah blah, and probably have a bunch of other things possibly go wrong and then it would have avoided the overdue suspension issue. But I don't imagine it's going to be difficult to just manually process them in a batch and the brainstorm for the next time the system's utilized to try to avoid that scenario. P.S. I did just check and your new service has already been recreated. We didn't send out welcome emails, so you'll have access to it when your controls are restored (after the pseudo-suspension is lifted.)

Hey, missed the wall of text.

• edited April 18

@VirMach said:

@yoursunny said:
    UptimeRobot alerted that my website hosted on a VPS in MIAZ001 has 5 downtimes totaling 45 minutes in past two days.
    I have been experienced victimisation.
    Is VirmAche collapsible?

MIAZ001 has been offline for quite some time, it never existed.

why ignored my request sir

• TYOC040 went down again on Tuesday. It was down for 19 days in March. Can Virmach determine if there is any problem with this node?

• @strongjake1 said:

Do you plan to tackle the DALZ004/DALZ007 aswell ?

DALZ004 restored around February 29 (check your e-mails) unless there is something funky going on with your VPS.
    Still waiting on DALZ007.

• @storm said:

@strongjake1 said:

Do you plan to tackle the DALZ004/DALZ007 aswell ?

DALZ004 restored around February 29 (check your e-mails) unless there is something funky going on with your VPS.
    Still waiting on DALZ007.

It is still in suspended state but billing date extended. No response to normal or priority ticket for over 1.5 months

• I canceled half. of my current Virmach services. Not out of spite though. But tired of downtime and reboots. Sucks more when disk os encrypted and server reboots and you are on the road

Thanked by (1)bakageta

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:
    I canceled half. of my current Virmach services. Not out of spite though. But tired of downtime and reboots. Sucks more when disk os encrypted and server reboots and you are on the road

Yeah, I got rid of several of mine, also not out of spite, the value wasn't there for me now. I'm keeping ~7 services that are so cheap it's still worth it to gamble on, but I'm cancelling basically anything over $20/yr, getting rid of ~$225/yr. I start migrating them to a pair of VDS's for around $22/mo, but they were actually overkill, and I ended up moving them to a single 2-vcore ryzen 7950 vds for around $165/yr.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @kheng86 said:
    What happened to RYZE.PHX-Z002 ;)

I stole it

Thanked by (1)kheng86

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Is anyone able to use netboot to do a reinstall? When I try it netboot downloads the ISO but then goes back to the initial ISO selection screen (I think it can't find the storage device).

• @Linux said:
    Is anyone able to use netboot to do a reinstall? When I try it netboot downloads the ISO but then goes back to the initial ISO selection screen (I think it can't find the storage device).

I ran in to that. Can't remember if it was the version or what. I have notes on how I worked around it. I'll see if I can find them.

Thanked by (1)Linux
  • edited April 21

^ Yup, same here on a relatively recent re-install. I had to mess about with rescue, in order to partition properly. IIRC, it needed Virmach to make some change - perhaps a fresh netboot download.

[Edit for clarity.]

Thanked by (1)Linux

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @skorous said:

@Linux said:
    Is anyone able to use netboot to do a reinstall? When I try it netboot downloads the ISO but then goes back to the initial ISO selection screen (I think it can't find the storage device).

I ran in to that. Can't remember if it was the version or what. I have notes on how I worked around it. I'll see if I can find them.

Here's my notes:

• @kheng86 said:

Tried to open a ticket but their popup thing keeps loading forever:

But I guess it's again just 6 to 9 virtual servers stuck which will be resolved in 3-5 months.

Thanked by (1)kheng86

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @skorous said:

@skorous said:

@Linux said:

Here's my notes:

Worked, thanks!

• @Linux said:

@skorous said:

@skorous said:

@Linux said:

Here's my notes:

Worked, thanks!

Excellent, am glad. :)

• Anyone with NYCB028 having the same problem?
    MY NYCB028 Node when accessed from virmach panel.

We cannot load the controls for your service at this time.
    This could either mean:
    A) It took too long to load.
    B) The server controls have been automatically disabled due to an anomoly.
    C) The server could be offline, in which case we have already been notified.

I can access the IP via SSH, but can't login through it.
    The hosted website is down.

• I don't know why I can't open the control panel on some of the VPS's I have running fine.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @Brueggus said:

@kheng86 said:

Tried to open a ticket but their popup thing keeps loading forever:

But I guess it's again just 6 to 9 virtual servers stuck which will be resolved in 3-5 months.

Probably because the node is down, that's why it keeps loading :/

• @julensm said:
    Anyone with NYCB028 having the same problem?
    MY NYCB028 Node when accessed from virmach panel.

We cannot load the controls for your service at this time.
    This could either mean:
    A) It took too long to load.
    B) The server controls have been automatically disabled due to an anomoly.
    C) The server could be offline, in which case we have already been notified.

I can access the IP via SSH, but can't login through it.
    The hosted website is down.

It's running smoothly now

• Hi @sh97 You've lost RackNerd's hidden deal on your lowend-deals page.

https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=810
    1 GB KVM VPS (A Must Grab Deal) - LEB Exclusive

1 vCPU Core
    20 GB PURE SSD RAID-10 Storage
    1 GB RAM
    4000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    KVM / SolusVM Control Panel - Reboot, Reinstall, Manage rDNS, & much more
    Available in Multiple Locations
    JUST $10.29/YEAR - WOW!!

Thanked by (1)vgood
  • During my personal usage, I had a positive experience with the VPS for only the first three months (even though I had purchased a two-year plan, but it's okay, it has expired now). The VPS was located in Japan, and the main issue was the frequent blocking of the IP by the GFW, even when I reinstalled the system. Although I rarely used this VPS, I did deploy a Baota panel on it to build a website, but unfortunately, it was inexplicably blocked by the GFW, so I gave up on that idea. Therefore, whenever I wanted to use this VPS, I had to set up port forwarding with another VPS to access it (which made me question the purpose of buying it altogether).

Additionally, my support tickets seemed to be neglected.

However, if there is a way to avoid being blocked by the GFW and if my support tickets receive attention and assistance, I would still be interested in purchasing your machines.

• It seems VirMach keeps a lot of customers, why?

• @rider said:
    It seems VirMach keeps a lot of customers, why?

I have >99.9% uptime (30d) on 3 of my 4 services. The 4th is at 95% right now.

• @caodaye said:
    During my personal usage, I had a positive experience with the VPS for only the first three months (even though I had purchased a two-year plan, but it's okay, it has expired now). The VPS was located in Japan, and the main issue was the frequent blocking of the IP by the GFW, even when I reinstalled the system. Although I rarely used this VPS, I did deploy a Baota panel on it to build a website, but unfortunately, it was inexplicably blocked by the GFW, so I gave up on that idea. Therefore, whenever I wanted to use this VPS, I had to set up port forwarding with another VPS to access it (which made me question the purpose of buying it altogether).

Additionally, my support tickets seemed to be neglected.

However, if there is a way to avoid being blocked by the GFW and if my support tickets receive attention and assistance, I would still be interested in purchasing your machines.

It's better send Chinese government a ticket asking "Why my VPN blocked by GFW". :3

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@rider said:

very cheap

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @rider said:

People stay with virmach because virmach offers some great products with 99.99%+ usability at low prices.

But they also randomly select some lucky users to enjoy products with 0% usability.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @cybertech said:

@rider said:

very cheap

And @virmach can write very long posts.... when he can

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Squats are the new Push-ups

• RYZE.LAX-Z0016.VMS OFF @VirMach

• anyone in tyoc040? virm status page shows running,but i can't open control panel at all