VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited January 2023

@root said: But consumers pay really low money and expect even immediate support.

This couldn't be further from the truth in this specific case. As example, take a look at this sentence someone posted above:

"Having a complete node down (effecting multiple users) for more than 3 days without updates is really a shit service irrespective of cost of service."

Does this imply to you like person above expect immediate support? Or any support at all? He just want from host to fix own infrastructure in timely manner and no, several days or in some cases weeks long outages without any update aren't lack of immediate support but lack of any responsibility toward clients. I am impressed how twisted perspective about what's right and what's wrong some people here have.

• Is a server still considered idling if it hasn't been provisioned yet?

I have quotas to meet.

• edited January 2023

@shallow said:
    Is a server still considered idling if it hasn't been provisioned yet?

I have quotas to meet.

It depends. Some people's purchase date was moved when servers were finally provisioned. So those can't be considered as idle before starting date. Mine was created with the delay of some week and something without date of provision moved. So this one was idle :p

But as you can't know how it's going to be for sure I am suggesting you to shop around to get some more to fill up your quotas. Better safe than sorry.

• @cybertech said:

@msatt said:
    While I totally accept that low cost means low support - what about an account that has 'standard support' (which I do have) ?
    Or are we now saying that 'standard support' has been graded no support.
    As far as MJJ / noisy neigbours - a node down effecting many users deserves updates.
    I am certainly not MJJ or noisy - but we should all expect ANY provider to respond when multiple customers are effected.

virmach has very delayed support right now. dont count on it. he literally has tons on his plate and new problems keep coming on an hourly basis. leave everything to automation and hope it works. buy more locations and migrate when service goes down.

If it wasn't for MJJ, VirMach would br 100 times better with 100 times less problems, ticket abuse, multi account abuse, resource abuse, verbal abuse, every sort of abuse. MJJ have contempt for the rules and contempt for other users, they just care about money.

But, VM seems to make a fair bit of money from Chinese users, given he's about to send 30 more servers to Tokyo, so MJJ is here to stay it seems.

Other providers just ban China. In the absence of that, the best idea is to abuse all MJJ in these forums. If you think that's harsh go over to the MJJ forums and check out what they say about VirMach and its users.

For the Chinese here who think people think that all Chinese are MJJ: get over yourself. We're not stupid. MJJ are easy to spot. If you act like MJJ then you are MJJ.

• @shallow said:
    Is a server still considered idling if it hasn't been provisioned yet?

I have quotas to meet.

I assign a hostname when I order the server.
    The hostname is released when the server is canceled, sold, or deleted.
    I consider a server idling if it occupies a hostname, even if it's not yet provisioned.

Thanked by (1)shallow

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited January 2023

@nutjob said:
    If it wasn't for MJJ, VirMach would br 100 times better with 100 times less problems, ticket abuse, multi account abuse, resource abuse, verbal abuse, every sort of abuse.

Not completely right.
    If they don't exist, who pay for the huge server bill beside us of course.

Do you know most of them got their service either terminated (and no refund for the remaining period) or their service never activated and no refund (one refund only policy, even they have more than one non activated service).

So maybe, maybe, maybe, their abuses are expected.

They have big contribution as well. 😁

• edited January 2023

^ Could be some truth in that, though @Virmach would get on very much better without them, IMO.
    What I want to know, is when will the "old" non-Ryzen servers be provisioned as dedicated ones, at BF rates. :) You know, E3/E5 at Atom rates, kinda thing. ;)

Thanked by (1)nutjob

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @nutjob said:
    But, VM seems to make a fair bit of money from Chinese users, given he's about to send 30 more servers to Tokyo, so MJJ is here to stay it seems.

Don't think it is 30 going to Tokyo, but 30 servers (in total) going to Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Tokyo.
    Personally I want most going to Frankfurt and the rest to Amsterdam. :-)

• @ZA_capetown said: Don't think it is 30 going to Tokyo, but 30 servers (in total) going to Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Tokyo.

This was why I asked for Virmach's priorities.
    Personally I don't think more servers should be deployed anywhere UNTIL a proper support system is in place. Deployment just dilutes virmach even more. It is fine creating more and more 'automation' but when things fail they need to have the necessary skills and kit to fix them.

• edited January 2023

LMFTFY

Personally I want most going to Aberdeen and the rest to London. :-)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @msatt said:

Aren't Frankfurt and Amsterdam basically the same place?
    It's less than 10ms.

Thanked by (1)lemoncube

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:
    Aren't Frankfurt and Amsterdam basically the same place?
    It's less than 10ms.

not same place ... and 10ms is not 0

• @Fritz said:

@nutjob said:
    If it wasn't for MJJ, VirMach would br 100 times better with 100 times less problems, ticket abuse, multi account abuse, resource abuse, verbal abuse, every sort of abuse.

Not completely right.
    If they don't exist, who pay for the huge server bill beside us of course.

Do you know most of them got their service either terminated (and no refund for the remaining period) or their service never activated and no refund (one refund only policy, even they have more than one non activated service).

So maybe, maybe, maybe, their abuses are expected.

They have big contribution as well. 😁

Well that's an interesting business plan, but good if it works that way. They're still clogging up the system with tickets though, and this time around very likely delaying activation of servers.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Fritz
  • skorousskorous OG
    edited January 2023

@localhost said:

@fluttershy said:

Install CentOS and convert to Alma

Thanks, thats an option I have tried before and would like to put it back on the cards as the last resort.

Shouldn't need to do Centos first. The netboot.xyz should work for 8. You'd only need to ELevate from 8 -> 9.

EDIT: Ignore me, I think I confused two machines I got during the flash sales.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @Caxen said:

@FrankZ said:
    @andylee said:
    胖冲高,关键年,小毛病,重启解,
    再不行,自己D,若还是,没解决,
    小问题,忍一下,又不是,不能用,
    很多人,都一样,也就你,发工单,
    反正我,觉得行。
    好配置,这价格,还要啥,自行车,
    胖子他,不赚钱,交朋友,卖小鸡

Even though we are from different parts of the world, the English language is what brings us together. To make sure that we understand each other, we use English when posting.
    This doesn’t exclude other languages but should be kept to a minimum to include as many community members as possible
    (if possible, include a rough translation in English).

Fatty (Virmach) hit a new high in a critical year and minor glitches can be fixed after a reboot.
    If it can't be fixed, reinstall the system yourself.
    If it still can't be fixed, then treat it as a minor problem and put up with it, it's not completely unusable.
    We all have the same problem, so why send a ticket?
    All in all, I think it's okay.
    At this price for this configuration, what else do you need to care?
    Fatty (Virmach) does not earn money, make friends with us and sell chicks (VPS).

lol, it's the exact meaning.

Thanked by (1)Caxen
  • Looks like another Frankfurt server is having issues.

• @msatt said:
    Looks like another Frankfurt server is having issues.

Why there are so many disk related issue? Hmm..

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 2023

@Fritz said:

@msatt said:
    Looks like another Frankfurt server is having issues.

Why there are so many disk related issue? Hmm..

NVMe playing Russian Roulette/ Musical Chair with Virmache

so conclusion: RAID or no RAID? Samsung or no Samsung?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach hello,Excuse me,I just received a message that my $7.11 and $7 vps have been refunded. I don't know what happened.

• @taoqi said:
    @VirMach hello,Excuse me,I just received a message that my $7.11 and $7 vps have been refunded. I don't know what happened.

Just my guesses
    WHCMS oversold the quota so no spare resources (likely Tokyo)
    Possible you have multiple accounts

Virmach is very quiet at the moment so just trying to help.

• @msatt said:

@taoqi said:

Just my guesses

According to https://www.chkaja.com/bf.php, $7.11 one is in NYC and $7 one is in LA or Chicago. It could be overselling, but only VirMach knows the truth.
    If you opened a ticket "when will it be provisioned?", they may do cancel and refund.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@taoqi said:

didnt the affman explain all the terms and conditions?

bad bad affman.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• This is confirmation that a full refund has been processed for Invoice #fffffff

The refund has been returned via the payment method you originally paid with.

FLASH-SPECIAL - DevotedWhopping-VM (01/04/2023 - 01/03/2024) $7.47 USD
    Operating System: Debian 11 (64Bit) Minimal
    Virtual CDRom Mount (Optional):

Limited Support: I understand that I waive my right to a refund for this special offer. I understand I will not receive a refund if my service is suspended. I understand special offers come with limited support: VirMach will only provide support to ensure my service functions. I understand once I add this product and an invoice is generated, I am under contractual obligation to make the payment. I agree to immediately be billed $15 per 15 minutes for any support requests opened that is not part of my level of support.

Sub Total: $7.47 USD
    Credit: $0.00 USD
    Total: $7.47 USD

Amount Refunded: $-7.47 USD

Sorry to hear that. I am in pain:<

• edited January 2023

@tototo said:

@msatt said:

@taoqi said:

Just my guesses

According to https://www.chkaja.com/bf.php, $7.11 one is in NYC and $7 one is in LA or Chicago. It could be overselling, but only VirMach knows the truth.
    If you opened a ticket "when will it be provisioned?", they may do cancel and refund.

Virmach also rejected recent registered newcomers who just come to flash sale
    Collateral damage to MJJ's one chicken one account trick I'd rather say

Emotional coach Chad Franz is temporarily gone, hope this thread does not become a mess

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Collateral damage to MJJ's one chicken one account trick I'd rather say

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman

How are you... online?

• @lemoncube said:

@localhost said: Well I haven't worked with Kickstart.

I remember the RHEL would generate a kickstart file after a standard manual installation. You can get one on another vps or local qemu instance. Red Hat has a tool to generate it online but requires registering.
    Docs for Centos 8

Interesting. I have a fresh install done on another system yesterday. Any idea where I can find the Kickstart file?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Jab said:
    Hey I don't want to sounds like that guy... but many of those posts above clearly need a dedicated topic - there is some nice knowledge there that shouldn't be buried deep deep in VirMach bus spam :-)

// Flagged for mods.

I am back now and will split this out into it's own thread directly.

Actually, on second though it would be a lot cleaner if @dgc1980 would open a new thread in the help category and copy pasta the relevant parts of the process.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:
    I am back now and will split this out into it's own thread directly.

Hail, the return of Chad Franz,
    apostle of Virmach and our shepherd.
    Pray for us lost lambs

(Glad ya're back!)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

smartass shitposting satirist

• Shit now I am in trouble.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited January 2023

@AuroraZero said:
    Shit now I am in trouble.

run yeti run..!! 🔥