10% OFF 1GB UK/DE Ryzen 9 KVM VPS - 1x IPv4 (more £1/ea) & /64 IPv6 & BGP @ £1.80/month

2»

Comments

• HostarisHostaris Hosting Provider
    edited March 2023

@yoursunny said:

@Hostaris said:
    I personally don't see the issue with putting money into your balance and then creating a VPS straight after.

The difference is in refunds.
    The customer cannot get a refund to their credit card for a non-working VPS, because the VPS was purchased from account balance.

They can. We have not stated that we don't do that.

Due to the nature of the system, we have waived the usual "refund to original payment method" stance.

As long as the account balance was sourced from a payment method and not free credit then we do it.

• @Hostaris said:
    Due to the nature of the system, we have waived the usual "refund to original payment method" stance.

As long as the account balance was sourced from a payment method and not free credit then we do it.

Suppose the following happens in sequence:

1. Customer receives $10 free credits.
    2. Customer adds $20 from PayPal.
    3. Customer buys VPS-A for $18.
    4. Customer buys VPS-B for $12.
    5. Customer requests refund for one of the VPS.

Did the free credits went to VPS-A or VPS-B?

You can consider the account balance as either FIFO or LIFO:

• FIFO: VPS-A is paid by $10 free credits and $8 PayPal, so that cancelling VPS-A can refund $8 to PayPal, while cancelling VPS-B can refund $12 to PayPal.
    • LIFO: VPS-B is paid by $10 free credits and $2 PayPal, so that cancelling VPS-A can refund $18 to PayPal, while cancelling VPS-B can refund $2 to PayPal.

Now, if a refund goes to account balance, is used to purchase another VPS, and then it's refunded again, you'll have to trace the source again.
    This can get messy quick.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• They just don't want to refund, because there is no way to refund.

@yoursunny said:

@Hostaris said:

Suppose the following happens in sequence:

1. Customer receives $10 free credits.
    2. Customer adds $20 from PayPal.
    3. Customer buys VPS-A for $18.
    4. Customer buys VPS-B for $12.
    5. Customer requests refund for one of the VPS.

Did the free credits went to VPS-A or VPS-B?

You can consider the account balance as either FIFO or LIFO:

• FIFO: VPS-A is paid by $10 free credits and $8 PayPal, so that cancelling VPS-A can refund $8 to PayPal, while cancelling VPS-B can refund $12 to PayPal.
    • LIFO: VPS-B is paid by $10 free credits and $2 PayPal, so that cancelling VPS-A can refund $18 to PayPal, while cancelling VPS-B can refund $2 to PayPal.

Now, if a refund goes to account balance, is used to purchase another VPS, and then it's refunded again, you'll have to trace the source again.
    This can get messy quick.

If the customer requests a refund, we refund what they put into their account. It's unlikely that a customer would request a refund for a single VPS. If they wanted a refund, it would probably be due to something unsatisfactory within the company, hence they won't want to keep their other VPS either.

The only way customers can get free credits at the moment is by paying in other credits.
    For example, we currently have a promotion where the customer would deposit any amount over £5, and we will add 50% to that (i.e £5 becomes £7.50). If the customer requested a refund for the £5 payment, the £2.50 immediately becomes invalidated because it is linked to the original payment. Therefore, the customer would have the free credits removed either way.

I see where you're coming from with the individual refund, but if the customer put $20 in and wanted a refund for either one of their VMs then we can just refund $18 out of their $20 and they are left with zero credits. This works with either scenario.

@tenpera said:
    They just don't want to refund, because there is no way to refund.

I'm not sure where you're coming from there... how is there no way to refund you?

• I put in $2.00 and create one vm, I want refund, you send $2 to my paypal acct, but they deduct the fee because there is no invoice from the beginning. So, you refunded 100% correct, but I don't get 100%, see the importance of invoice?

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

@tenpera said:
    I put in $2.00 and create one vm, I want refund, you send $2 to my paypal acct, but they deduct the fee because there is no invoice from the beginning. So, you refunded 100% correct, but I don't get 100%, see the importance of invoice?

That's not how PayPal refunds work. Whether there is an "invoice" or not, the original transaction is refunded meaning the PayPal fees are reinstated. People do not send you money for a refund, the original transaction is reversed.

The sale ends in just under 4 hours!