Hetzner Bare Metal Servers Available At MetalVPS!

Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Friendly greetings! 🌎🌍

Hetzner Bare Metal Servers Available At MetalVPS

Curium, a MetalVPS bare metal server at Hetzner, has become available. If you are interested in playing with Curium, or with a part of Curium (e.g., a VPS or a container), please let @Not_Oles know immediately!

Curium might be cancelled in a day or maybe in two days if nobody is interested. If you have your own Hetzner account and you want to take Curium as a transfer, that might be possible. Please note that Hetzner recently seems to have raised by a couple of Euros the minimum auction fixed price for servers like Curium.

Curium presently is running Debian 12, but could be reinstalled any way you like. You could do the reinstall yourself, if you wish.

Curium's supercalifragilistically excellent Low End specifications and price paid to Hetzner are shown below!

Any other Hetzner server also could be arranged.

Warnings!

• Clueless™ administrator @Not_Oles has no "technical background" and only "limited technical skills. . . ." 😀 @Not_Oles frequently messes up! 😱

• @Not_Oles is Especially Clueless™ about Debian, Fedora, and all other OSes. 🤗

• Sometimes trusted MetalVPSians might or might not get sudo. 🙈🙉🙊

• MetalVPS has no billing panel and no server control panel. It's all command line via ssh until you install the GUI that you want. 🆕

• MetalVPS has no onboarding and no knowledge base. ♒︎

• Account delivery might take awhile! 😴

• Intended especially for computer learning and fun! 🤑

• Frequent maintenance reboots are guaranteed! 🌺

• Please make your own redundant, offsite backups! It's easy to download or sync or clone your backup to a safe place. Please also make sure that you actually can restore from your backups! Please think of your MetalVPS account as ephemeral! Your server might blow up! 💥 At any random second @Not_Oles or maybe you might reinstall the Node! 🤦‍♂️

• Other MetalVPSians can see your account name, some of the processes you are running, and much other information. So, please do not put confidential information on the server. 🤔

• **MetalVPS Customized BIGburgers might be available with your choice of toppings! 🍔

Terms Of Service

• Be awesome!
  • White Hat only!
  • MetalVPS is not for business use!
  • MetalVPS is intended for education and fun!
  • 100% open source software only!
  • Hetzner TOS also applies!

Equipment Cost And Ownership

• Rent paid to Hetzner for Curium is €26.70 per month (VAT inapplicable outside of the EU). That's approximately US$28.34 per month.

Pricing

• Please make an offer.

• MetalVPS might give free accounts to those in need. So, please don't hesitate to ask.

Payment

• Payment methods are available in US dollars via Zelle or via Paypal (and maybe also via Stripe). Maybe we could figure out an additional payment method if there is some other way you want to pay.

• No payment is due until your service is set up and you are 100% satisfied.

How To Sign Up

• Please post here in this thread. Please include your ed25519 ssh public key.

More About MetalVPS!

What People Are Saying

• About MetalVPS

"MetalVPS . . . seems to have endless servers."

@crunchbits: MetalVPS "is literally the best deal in town."

"@Not_Oles . . . thank you for providing machine for me to help me finish all the tests."

"I really enjoyed MetalVPS . . . I hope more people can learn together using MetalVPS."

"非常感谢Not_Oles分享免费的MetalVPS为大家使用!" "Big thanks to Not_Oles for sharing his MetalVPS for people to use!"

". . . [V]ery cool that MetalVPS is still a thing :) Thanks for providing this to the community, tinkering with servers is fun and a learning experience!"

"The permanent free shell account of MetalVPS is very fun!" ("MetalVPS的永久免费shell账号挺好玩的")

"This is really really cool."

"I enjoyed the section of the OP dedicated to complementary comments, including helpful links so they can be verified."

"MetalVPS used to be a high end provider, but it's becoming a sorority now."

"fun stuff indeed, appreciating the comfortable computing experience!"

"Liking my darkstar"

"Nice trial and results! Very interesting :)"

Metalvps recommended on OGF 🙈

"It just crossed my mind that I've been using your server for over half a year! It's been an amazing experience! . . . Your services deserve much more attention. <3"

"Wow pretty nice ! Congrats excellent options thanks for being a part of the community"

"the terms seemed exceptionally fair"

"Kernel Linux 5.11 is now in much better shape for AMD <3"

"Yes, please. I’ll take that."

"it's really quite dedicated. not all dedicated are the same."

"MetalVPS-AX101 has a reasonable price"

"really need a testing ground badly now especially with dedicated core"

"the fastest VPS I ever used"

"I've been using this one from him. Highly recommend! His support is really amazing!"

"10/10 metalvps recommended"

"very powerful"

"premium stuff"

"Grab it while the hotel still has vacant rooms."

". . . very passionate and enthusiastic about everything. Not all businesses are made this way and it's very easy to see when you interact with them. You are giving the right impression with this industry and it's wonderful to see."

"I think MetalVPS is designed in between a dedicated and a regular VPS. Some use case cannot fill the capacity of a dedicated but need more CPU than a regular VPS, and it makes sense to use MetalVPS in such situation."

• About Not_Oles

"@Not_Oles . . . is doing all kinds of interesting work and sharing it with others"

"Hi Tom <3"

"Tom, you're the best :)"

"I found it interesting that Tom still treats his free vps members like humans (it's really admirable). . . ."

"@Not_Oles is really a funfull and helpful grandpa!!"

"especially thanks @Not_Oles , He pointed out my problems and told me the correct way to share. He is a good guy."

"I'm not in need for any free vps at the moment, but thanks for what you're doing. If I had this chance few years ago, I think my life would be different."

"I did want to thank @Not_Oles for always being so friendly. Makes me smile seeing how nice you are to everyone here."

"You are a great person."

"Possibly the most polite and enthusiastic personality in the entire LE* world with a genuine interest that runs so deep he even set up a business exclusively catering for LES. as a regular content writer for LES his articles frequently top the charts in terms of most viewed (according to google)"

"Really, you're the best person I've known on the internet."

"we've found that good, in-depth technical articles tend to drive user interaction and new sign-ups on the forum. @Not_Oles's Proxmox articles are evidence of this."

"It was a pleasure for me to collaborate with Tom, he really knows what he's doing :)"

"Thanks again to @Not_Oles for valiant testing."

"you've brought a smile on my face countless times "

"Good luck with your new project! :D Happy to have you around here!"

"I always love how you come up with new ideas :D Good luck, mate!

"May you continue to learn and inspire others."

"he is a great guy!"

"he is the sweetest guy in LES .."

"Everybody loves @Not_Oles! <3"

"resplendent as the Sonoran Sun"

"god bless not_oles ^^"

"every time I visit les and see that profile picture, it brightens up my day."

Thanks!

Tom gets a lot of help from the friendly MetalVPSians and from many other friends. <3

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Thanked by (1)babywhale
Tagged:

Comments

• @Not_Oles said:
    * MetalVPS might give free accounts to those in need. So, please don't hesitate to ask.

@Otus9051 free dedi

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@yoursunny said:

@Not_Oles said:
    * MetalVPS might give free accounts to those in need. So, please don't hesitate to ask.

@Otus9051 free dedi

He asked me several days ago, when this server and my other servers were busy, so I had to say no. Well, right now there might be a day or two of availability.

• @yoursunny said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Otus9051 free dedi

yay

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

Okay, I pushed the cancel button on Curium. She will be idling until late in the business day Falkenstein time on November 9, about two days from now.

More Hetzner servers can happen in just a few minutes after ordering at any time. Thanks to Hetzner for being so dependable and so well organized! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

@Not_Oles said: I pushed the cancel button on Curium

Haha, there is a button to retract the cancellation. :) After taking a look around, I retracted Curium's cancellation. What a lovely server she is! 🤩

• but can you Cancel the Cancel of the Cancel!?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

You know the price comparison website camelcamelcamel? I mean, you know, it's all about CamelCase, right? So now we have CancelCase, or maybe CancelCancelCancel. How about CancelUncancelCancel?

In another, parallel universe I could cancel the cancel of the cancel. However, in the Hetzner universe, I do have the freedom to cancel, uncancel, and then recancel. Or at least I think I could do that. Never tried. Yet.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Not_Oles said: In another, parallel universe I could cancel the cancel of the cancel. However, in the Hetzner universe, I do have the freedom to cancel, uncancel, and then recancel. Or at least I think I could do that. Never tried. Yet.

Schrödinger's cat ?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@FrankZ said: Schrödinger's cat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

I had to look this up. The cancellation camel race might not be quite up to the level of Schroedinger. However, if we consider a box containing Hetzner's profits together with all the words of all the people saying Hetzner prices are impossibly low, we arrive at a Universe where only Virmach can understand.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @FrankZ said:

@Not_Oles said: In another, parallel universe I could cancel the cancel of the cancel. However, in the Hetzner universe, I do have the freedom to cancel, uncancel, and then recancel. Or at least I think I could do that. Never tried. Yet.

Schrödinger's cat ?

Schrödingers Cancellation

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles FrankZ terrorgen

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum!

Finally, a 🇺🇸🗽US 🗽🇺🇸 Provider beat [Redacted's] pricing!!! MetalVPS has a new 🇺🇸🗽US 🗽🇺🇸 server!!!

As a joke, the winning US Provider made me promise to discontinue rubbing [Redacted's] awesome pricing and awesome profits into the faces of all the US providers. I was willing to promise only because I myself imagined that my constant massaging about [Redacted's] pricing + profits already might have reached the congestion point on the humor link! :) Luckily I only promised to stop for one year! :)

The new US server's login credentials showed up on poor Curium's last possible cancellation day of her current monthly period. So I was just barely able to Recancel the Uncanceled Cancel before Curium's next period begins a few hours from now. . . .

Snif! 😢 Losing a beautiful server like Curium really hurts! Even when I finally got a new US server! Even though I am sending Curium off hopefully to grant another Low Ender a wonderful opportunity to have as much fun with her as I enjoyed! 😭 Bye, sweet Curium! 💖 Fare thee well! 💖

Fortunately, MetalVPS still has two servers with [Redacted] and still could get more at any time. Thanks to awesome [Redacted] for awesome service and awesome pricing!!! Thanks to the awesome 🇺🇸🗽US 🗽🇺🇸 Provider who beat [Redacted!!!]

edited November 2023

Somebody asked me about E-2276G at [Redacted.] So I picked one up. The price was higher than the minimum auction fixed price, but I do not know how much higher. Do I remember right that the single core E-2276G Geekbench score was very high? Delivery time was 6 minutes. If somebody wants to use this server, we might be able to make arrangements. :)

Wow! smartctl -a shows 6% and 4% for the percentage used on the new server's NVMe drives! They are almost new! It's not always that way! She has been named Polonium.