MetalVPS at Crunchbits: E3-1245, 2 vCores, 4 GB DDR4 ECC, 1000GB SSD RAID 10, 1 Gbps, $1.01 once!

Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer
edited March 27 in Offers

Friendly greetings! 🌎🌍

Everyone's best friend and favorite Low End Provider, Crunchbits, granted MetalVPS Crunchy, a wonderful US 🇺🇸 dedicated server, free until November 8, 2024!

$1.01 Crunchy VPS Until November 8, 2024!

Please see the Crunchy VPS Specifications shown below. Yabs and network-speed also are posted below.

In addition to your VPS, maybe you could get a traditional shell account on the Crunchy Node.

Please read the Limits, Warnings, and the Terms of Service shown below.

How to Sign Up also is covered below, along with Pricing, Support, and FAQ.

Providing awesome Low Enders with wonderful VPSes is a big part of the idea behind this offer. Additionally, MetalVPS and @Not_Oles hope to promote community discussion of server related topics. Thus, beyond the $1.01 payment, active participation in this thread's discussion also is required.

The Boss at Crunchbits said that MetalVPS is "literally the best deal in town!" Thanks to the Boss for his kind words <3 and for wonderful <3 Crunchy!

Best wishes! 🌎🌍

Tom

Crunchy VPS Specs

• CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz
  • Cores: 2 vCores
  • RAM: 4 GB DDR4 ECC
  • Disk: 1,000 GB SSD RAID 10
  • IP Addresses: 1 x NAT IPv4/32; 1 x IPv6/128
  • NAT Ports: 10 forwarded ports plus ssh
  • Bandwidth: 1 Gbps shared, unlimited, fair use
  • VPS OS: Debian 12
  • VPSes made with: bashvm
  • Current Term Expires: November 8, 2024

Limits

• Only four (4) available VPSes!

• ➡️ Please entirely skip responding to this offer if your account does not have significant, awesome post and comment history within our wonderful <3 Low End communities. ⬅️

• ➡️ Please respond to this <3 wonderful Crunchy VPS <3 offer only if you really want to contribute actively to our discussions in this thread. ⬅️

Warnings!

• Forever Clueless™ administrator @Not_Oles has no "technical background" and only "limited technical skills. . . ." 😀 @Not_Oles frequently messes up! 😱

• MetalVPS has no billing panel and no server control panel. There are no preinstalled VPSes or containers. It's traditional, command line terminal via ssh until you install whatever you want. 🆕 You get a juicy VPS into which you can ssh and install whatever Open Source software you want. Maybe you also can get a traditional shell account on Crunchy. :star:

• Sometimes trusted MetalVPSians might or might not get sudo on the Node, KVM group membership, etc. Note that @subenhon has Crunchy Node sudo. 🙈🙉🙊

• MetalVPS has no onboarding and no knowledge base. ♒︎

• Account delivery might take awhile! 😴

• Not for business use! Intended especially for computer learning and fun! 🤑

• Frequent maintenance reboots are guaranteed! 🌺 VPSes in this offer are set to restart automatically following reboot. :)

• Please make your own redundant, offsite backups! It's easy to download or sync or clone your backup to a safe place. Please also make sure that you actually can restore from your backups! 🤦‍♂️

• Please think of your MetalVPS account as ephemeral! Our server might blow up! 💥 At any random second @Not_Oles or maybe you might reinstall the Node! 😸

• Other MetalVPSians probably will see your name, your location, your account name, the processes you are running, and much other information. So, please do not put confidential information on the server. 🤔

Terms Of Service

• Be awesome! Be kind, gentle, friendly, positive, and polite!
  • White Hat only!
  • Not for business use!
  • Intended for education and fun!
  • Active participation in this thrread's discussion is required!
  • Open source software only, both on MetalVPS and for connecting to MetalVPS!
  • No Service Level Agreement (SLA)!
  • No refunds!
  • Crunchbits TOS also applies!

Pricing

• $1.01 one time until November 8, 2024. This de minimus payment hopefully will discourage abuse.

• Paypal payments may be sent to the email address on @Not_Oles' profile. Zelle and Stripe also might work.

• Active participation in this thread's server related discussions also is required.

How To Sign Up

• Please post here in this thread.

• Please include

• your ed25519 ssh public key;

• link to your website;

• links to your Github or other repo, other online profiles, etc.; and

• your use case for Crunchy.

• Please feel free to include additional items in your sign up request.

Support

• Please post all new MetalVPS account requests and all support requests, comments, and feedback here in this thread. Please also post tutorials explaining your Crunchy accomplishments here in this thread or on their own, new LES threads.

• LES PMs (personal messages) can be sent to @Not_Oles about items which need privacy.

More About MetalVPS!

FAQ

• How did @Not_Oles get a free server from Crunchbits?

• Are Custom ISOs and BSD supported at Crunchbits?

What People Are Saying

• About MetalVPS

". . . I sent a donation of $1.01, just because. Keep doing what you do."

"MetalVPS . . . seems to have endless servers."

"@Not_Oles . . . thank you for providing machine for me to help me finish all the tests."

"I really enjoyed MetalVPS . . . I hope more people can learn together using MetalVPS."

"非常感谢Not_Oles分享免费的MetalVPS为大家使用!" "Big thanks to Not_Oles for sharing his MetalVPS for people to use!"

". . . [V]ery cool that MetalVPS is still a thing :) Thanks for providing this to the community, tinkering with servers is fun and a learning experience!"

"The permanent free shell account of MetalVPS is very fun!" ("MetalVPS的永久免费shell账号挺好玩的")

"This is really really cool."

"I enjoyed the section of the OP dedicated to complementary comments, including helpful links so they can be verified."

"MetalVPS used to be a high end provider, but it's becoming a sorority now."

"fun stuff indeed, appreciating the comfortable computing experience!"

"Liking my darkstar"

"Nice trial and results! Very interesting :)"

Metalvps recommended on OGF 🙈

"It just crossed my mind that I've been using your server for over half a year! It's been an amazing experience! . . . Your services deserve much more attention. <3"

"Wow pretty nice ! Congrats excellent options thanks for being a part of the community"

"the terms seemed exceptionally fair"

"Kernel Linux 5.11 is now in much better shape for AMD <3"

"Yes, please. I’ll take that."

"it's really quite dedicated. not all dedicated are the same."

"MetalVPS-AX101 has a reasonable price"

"really need a testing ground badly now especially with dedicated core"

"the fastest VPS I ever used"

"I've been using this one from him. Highly recommend! His support is really amazing!"

"10/10 metalvps recommended"

"very powerful"

"premium stuff"

"Grab it while the hotel still has vacant rooms."

". . . very passionate and enthusiastic about everything. Not all businesses are made this way and it's very easy to see when you interact with them. You are giving the right impression with this industry and it's wonderful to see."

"I think MetalVPS is designed in between a dedicated and a regular VPS. Some use case cannot fill the capacity of a dedicated but need more CPU than a regular VPS, and it makes sense to use MetalVPS in such situation."

• About Not_Oles

". . . a certain... finesse."

"@Not_Oles . . . is doing all kinds of interesting work and sharing it with others"

"Hi Tom <3"

"Tom, you're the best :)"

"I found it interesting that Tom still treats his free vps members like humans (it's really admirable). . . ."

"@Not_Oles is really a funfull and helpful grandpa!!"

"especially thanks @Not_Oles , He pointed out my problems and told me the correct way to share. He is a good guy."

"I'm not in need for any free vps at the moment, but thanks for what you're doing. If I had this chance few years ago, I think my life would be different."

"I did want to thank @Not_Oles for always being so friendly. Makes me smile seeing how nice you are to everyone here."

"You are a great person."

"Possibly the most polite and enthusiastic personality in the entire LE* world with a genuine interest that runs so deep he even set up a business exclusively catering for LES. as a regular content writer for LES his articles frequently top the charts in terms of most viewed (according to google)"

"Really, you're the best person I've known on the internet."

"we've found that good, in-depth technical articles tend to drive user interaction and new sign-ups on the forum. @Not_Oles's Proxmox articles are evidence of this."

"It was a pleasure for me to collaborate with Tom, he really knows what he's doing :)"

"Thanks again to @Not_Oles for valiant testing."

"you've brought a smile on my face countless times "

"Good luck with your new project! :D Happy to have you around here!"

"I always love how you come up with new ideas :D Good luck, mate!

"May you continue to learn and inspire others."

"he is a great guy!"

"he is the sweetest guy in LES .."

"Everybody loves @Not_Oles! <3"

"resplendent as the Sonoran Sun"

"god bless not_oles ^^"

"every time I visit les and see that profile picture, it brightens up my day."

Thanks!

Thanks to Crunchbits for the wonderful Crunchy server! <3 Even more thanks to Crunchbits for caring about every member of our wonderful Low End Community!

Thanks to @babywhale for bashvm!

Tom gets a lot of help from the friendly MetalVPSians and from many other friends. Thanks to each and every one! <3

Edit History

Originally posted -- January 4, 2024

Modified offer posted here -- March 11, 2024

Added quote from @root -- March 19, 2024

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Thanked by (3)bliss wankel Ympker
Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 12

First!

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIN4emHkCbrDflFRNfNMMVKP9yjxxT2NdqPGKAiEc3AN7 michael@optiplex790-2023-03-09

Thanks @Not_Oles for another chance at allowing us to learn by doing, learn by reading, and learn by LEARNING!
    If you don't know already, promoting Privacy Is A Human Right is my passion. I run about a score of servers and most run Tor relays, with one exit currently. I have about half that number of domains but only a handful are active anywhere.
    But that's NOT really what I'm learning about atm.

I'm trying to figure out Proxmox and put it on top of a VPS. I only started with this a couple of hours ago and I don't know if I'll dead-end (not deadpool lol) with it (as I frequently do with things that exceed my own complexity vs. time vs. patience formula), but I'd like to continue to work with that if it's even possible.

Tighten up on server security. What works, what doesn't help much, what doesn't help at all, stuff like that.

I want to self-host EVERYTHING! More specifically, I want to de-Google myself as much as possible (referencing my prior formula) and teach others the same, being mindful that free and convenient things sometimes come with a price - your privacy, your data, and maybe more. Doing stuff more privately is HARD! JFK something something....

I discovered Cosmos recently and it was SO EASY and fit right into my formula. I want to tie stuff like that in with my servers and my portable Pixel 8 pseudo-ish Linux machine. Nextcloud, Immich are at the top of that to-do list.

Docker! It seems hard. Those who have really embraced it seem to regret that they didn't get into using it earlier. I'd like to try it more at least.

Stuff like that....

lmk if you have any questions for me. Should I be accepted to rent one, I'll keep all the aforementioned terms in place with my actions: white-hat only, no commercial use, teach others so that I can learn more from others. All the things.

Thanks again Tom!

Michael

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Looks fantastic

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Wow, Michael, that was fast! :) People might think you knew in advance! :) But, you didn't. :) Or, did you? :)

Of course I remember you from the LA servers we had a few weeks ago.

Please send $1.01 via Paypal to the email account on my LES profile. Will get around to activating your Crunchy account. . . .

It's nice to see you again! :)

Folks, only 3 spaces left!

Thanked by (1)Lantern1368

debian@vm103-crunchy:~$ curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-03-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon Mar 11 04:54:52 UTC 2024

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 7 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3503.982 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 984.3 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-18-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Redoubt Networks
    ASN        : AS400304 Redoubt Networks
    Host       : Crunchbits LLC
    Location   : Liberty Lake, Washington (WA)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 191.40 MB/s  (47.8k) | 2.01 GB/s    (31.4k)
    Write      | 191.91 MB/s  (47.9k) | 2.02 GB/s    (31.5k)
    Total      | 383.32 MB/s  (95.8k) | 4.03 GB/s    (63.0k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.11 GB/s     (6.0k) | 543.68 MB/s    (530)
    Write      | 3.28 GB/s     (6.4k) | 579.89 MB/s    (566)
    Total      | 6.40 GB/s    (12.5k) | 1.12 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 792 Mbits/sec   | 208 Mbits/sec   | 130 ms         
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 783 Mbits/sec   | 599 Mbits/sec   | 136 ms         
    HOSTKEY         | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 726 Mbits/sec   | 842 Mbits/sec   | 163 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 567 Mbits/sec   | 129 Mbits/sec   | 222 ms         
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | busy            | 569 Mbits/sec   | 197 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 912 Mbits/sec   | 701 Mbits/sec   | 40.7 ms        
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 873 Mbits/sec   | 616 Mbits/sec   | 73.2 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 669 Mbits/sec   | 81.5 Mbits/sec  | 172 ms         

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 795 Mbits/sec   | 156 Mbits/sec   | 129 ms         
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | busy            | 550 Mbits/sec   | 135 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 523 Mbits/sec   | 53.0 Mbits/sec  | 221 ms         
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 605 Mbits/sec   | 543 Mbits/sec   | 191 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 895 Mbits/sec   | 879 Mbits/sec   | 40.9 ms        
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 871 Mbits/sec   | 605 Mbits/sec   | 72.7 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 462 Mbits/sec   | 90.5 Mbits/sec  | 172 ms         

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1451                          
    Multi Core      | 2563                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/5265604

YABS completed in 15 min 50 sec
    debian@vm103-crunchy:~$ 

---------------------------- network-speed.xyz ----------------------------
          A simple script to test network performance using speedtest-cli      
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Version            : v2024.03.07
     Global Speedtest   : wget -qO- network-speed.xyz | bash
     Region Speedtest   : wget -qO- network-speed.xyz | bash -s -- -r <region>
     Basic System Info
     CPU Model          : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz
     CPU Cores          : 2 @ 3503.982 MHz
     CPU Cache          : 16384 KB
     AES-NI             : ✔ Enabled
     VM-x/AMD-V         : ✔ Enabled
     Total Disk         : 984.3 GB (1.3 GB Used)
     Total RAM          : 3.8 GB (344.5 MB Used)
     System uptime      : 0 days, 0 hour 27 min
     Load average       : 0.01, 0.30, 0.27
     OS                 : Debian GNU/Linux 12
     Arch               : x86_64 (64 Bit)
     Kernel             : 6.1.0-18-amd64
     Virtualization     : KVM
     TCP Control        : 
     Basic Network Info
     Primary Network    : IPv6
     IPv6 Access        : ✔ Online
     IPv4 Access        : ✔ Online
     ISP                : Redoubt Networks
     ASN                : AS400304 Redoubt Networks
     Host               : Crunchbits LLC
     Location           : Liberty Lake, Washington-WA, United States
     Speedtest.net (Region: GLOBAL)
     Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server      

ISP: Crunchbits 

Nearest          0.64 ms     0.0%    929.14 Mbps    928.37 Mbps    Crunchbits - Spokane, WA 

Kochi, IN        273.86 ms   0.0%    427.77 Mbps    330.85 Mbps    Asianet Broadband - Cochin 
     Bangalore, IN    251.07 ms   0.0%    408.65 Mbps    339.48 Mbps    Bharti Airtel Ltd - Bangalore 
     Chennai, IN      254.84 ms   N/A     429.57 Mbps    148.37 Mbps    Jio - Chennai 
     Mumbai, IN       289.36 ms   0.0%    360.92 Mbps    292.42 Mbps    i3D.net - Mumbai 
     Delhi, IN        269.04 ms   0.0%    449.66 Mbps    340.75 Mbps    Tata Play Fiber - New Delhi 

Seattle, US      12.43 ms    N/A     928.88 Mbps    916.39 Mbps    Comcast - Seattle, WA 
     Los Angeles, US  36.70 ms    0.0%    926.10 Mbps    905.45 Mbps    ReliableSite Hosting - Los Angeles, CA 
     Dallas, US       56.69 ms    0.0%    791.68 Mbps    756.19 Mbps    Hivelocity - Dallas, TX 
     Miami, US        FAILED                                                        
     New York, US     72.17 ms    0.0%    956.42 Mbps    853.31 Mbps    GSL Networks - New York, NY 
     Toronto, CA      59.03 ms    0.0%    915.88 Mbps    854.22 Mbps    Rogers - Toronto, ON 
     Mexico City, MX  79.19 ms    N/A     907.65 Mbps    855.70 Mbps    INFINITUM - Mexico City 

London, UK       128.19 ms   0.0%    927.02 Mbps    693.11 Mbps    VeloxServ Communications - London 
     Amsterdam, NL    133.23 ms   0.0%    953.06 Mbps    655.78 Mbps    31173 Services AB - Amsterdam 
     Paris, FR        140.41 ms   N/A     960.01 Mbps    596.75 Mbps    Axione - Paris 
     Frankfurt, DE    140.90 ms   0.0%    750.95 Mbps    627.08 Mbps    Clouvider Ltd - Frankfurt am Main 
     Warsaw, PL       151.37 ms   0.0%    933.77 Mbps    569.60 Mbps    Play - Warszawa 
     Bucharest, RO    187.60 ms   0.0%    541.71 Mbps    465.26 Mbps    Vodafone Romania Fixed – Bucharest - Bucharest 
     Moscow, RU       176.29 ms   0.0%    837.23 Mbps    513.76 Mbps    MegaFon - Moscow 

Jeddah, SA       192.51 ms   0.0%    887.90 Mbps    436.45 Mbps    Saudi Telecom Company 
     Dubai, AE        241.41 ms   0.0%    857.19 Mbps    368.78 Mbps    du - Dubai  
     Fujairah, AE     246.80 ms   0.0%    807.01 Mbps    357.22 Mbps    ETISALAT-UAE - Fujairah 
     Istanbul, TR     199.64 ms   0.0%    653.07 Mbps    447.55 Mbps    Turkcell - Istanbul 
     Tehran, IR       246.55 ms   0.0%    435.45 Mbps    351.70 Mbps    Asiatech - Tehran 

Tokyo, JP        137.69 ms   N/A     688.24 Mbps    633.39 Mbps    fdcservers.net - Tokyo 
     Shanghai, CU-CN  167.16 ms   0.0%    545.78 Mbps    537.93 Mbps    China Unicom 5G - Shanghai 
     Nanjing, CT-CN   313.53 ms   0.0%    540.16 Mbps    3.88 Mbps      China Telecom JiangSu 5G - Nanjing 
     Hong Kong, CN    183.43 ms   N/A     515.64 Mbps    504.85 Mbps    STC - Hong Kong 
     Singapore, SG    222.77 ms   0.0%    379.22 Mbps    436.82 Mbps    i3D.net - Singapore 
     Jakarta, ID      FAILED - IP has been rate limited. Try again after 1 hour.                                                  
     Avg DL Speed       : 711.92 Mbps
     Avg UL Speed       : 542.12 Mbps

Total DL Data      : 30.00 GB
     Total UL Data      : 20.94 GB
     Total Data         : 50.94 GB
     Duration           : 15 min 2 sec
     System Time        : 11/03/2024 - 05:30:03 UTC
     Total Script Runs  : 37496
     Result             : https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1710134892_DJT6HJ_GLOBAL.txt
    debian@vm103-crunchy:~$ 

• edited March 12

Hi Not_Oles ! I also would like to have one :).

There are so many things to learn! Right now i am fighting to bring pure html websites back (instead of php XD). For ex. https://dperez.ga/

I have sent you the money too :).

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIOQ6a1fln9KCXRXdEJ7O6AUWm4f+wTF1mySLJLjsqFlk eddsa-key-20210809

Regards!!!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@cpsd! Hi! Hi! Hi! Excellent! Funds received! It's getting a little late here, so I expect to provision your VPS in the morning, along with two others. Let me know, please, if you also want an account on the Node. :star:

Guys! Only one (1) spot left!

@Lantern1368 Morning Michael! I received your funds sent via Paypal. Thanks for sending! Login info coming soon. . . . :)

@Lantern1368 You VPS is live! Sending you login info via PM. Let me know if you need anything. I don't think I know yet whether you want an account on the Node. So, when you have time, please tell me. Welcome again! :)

@cpsd Good morning! Also sent you login info via PM. If you need anything at all, just let me know. Hope you enjoy your Crunchy VPS! Look forward to reading your posts about your Crunchy adventures! :star:

• sahjanivishalsahjanivishal Content Writer

Hi Tom,

Can I have the last spot available please?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@sahjanivishal said:
    Hi Tom,

Hi! It's yours! :) Please send $1.01 via Paypal to the email address on my profile. Then I will provision your VPS. I look forward to reading your contributions to this thread! Thanks for coming to join us at Crinchy! <3 Best! Tom

edited March 13
    root@crunchy:~# date -u
    Wed Mar 13 04:26:35 AM UTC 2024
    root@crunchy:~# uptime
     04:26:38 up 12:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.20, 0.18
    root@crunchy:~# 

Folks, all four VPSes have been assigned. Maybe it will be possible to make a few more VPSes available in a little while, if after we find Crunchy still mostly idling. :)

@Not_Oles said:

@sahjanivishal said:
    Hi Tom,

Hi! It's yours! :) Please send $1.01 via Paypal to the email address on my profile. Then I will provision your VPS. I look forward to reading your contributions to this thread! Thanks for coming to join us at Crinchy! <3 Best! Tom

Thanks Tom! Sent the payment.

Public key:
    ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQD2mPrxgor0rlL0+GVhFGABlzdHiDoyptcABV36YkKJjweLR0QiZP8T844uLABKIdxqSA/JFBUElT+JPNXDLwvYpS2uBTXvtKqjH6KRVRU0b4oQ4Sp29Crvq/9p2WxMZLIH8i+g3q1GxJdyxCUvQpYHqhbcyDZ2ikhTaHnjy5NeghjyPl941KXPMmQ/NTBokkX8a3LN9eeX2gtfaaKqmsmkzuKowld5oBomSGdDXWvaim95wXf5RZEGs9Topax3O9cyUwMB9SfmRNRn4K3OjRL2SCEbNTc8gv3Z8/hWoSr5/715gUdDH/5Taz7lZnP6pAXRLKYeWPq59MGCKrQIPltl sahja@SDHC

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

Hi @sahjanivishal! Thanks for the funding! Sent you login info via PM. Please let us know if you can get in. I'm looking forward to reading here in this thread about your Crunchy adventures! If you need anything, please just let me know. Have fun! Best from New York City and Sonora! 🗽🇺🇸🇲🇽🏜️

Thanks to @crunchbits for wonderful Crunchy! <3

edited March 16

Hello Guys!

Happy Saturday!

Beautiful Crunchy has been pretty quiet!

17:38:08 up 4 days,  2:00,  3 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.31, 0.29
    root@crunchy:~# df -h .
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/vg0-root  3.7T  203G  3.3T   6% /
    root@crunchy:~# free -h
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:            62Gi       9.9Gi        23Gi       2.0Mi        29Gi        51Gi
    Swap:          4.0Gi          0B       4.0Gi
    root@crunchy:~# vnstat
      [ . . . ]
     enp1s0f1:
           2024-03    207.42 GiB  /  176.42 GiB  /  383.84 GiB  /  756.00 GiB
         yesterday    778.00 MiB  /    1.12 GiB  /    1.88 GiB
             today    528.12 MiB  /  113.18 MiB  /  641.30 MiB  /  867.10 MiB
      [ . . . ]

So, if nobody minds, and assuming someone wants one, I am thinking about giving out another group of four VPSes as specified in this thread's OP.

@Lantern1368 @cpsd @sahjanivishal What do you think, please?

Tom

Thanks to @crunchbits for beautiful Crunchy! <3

• Great

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@Not_Oles said: @Lantern1368 @sahjanivishal What do you think, please?

Thanks @cpsd!

@subenhon Apologies! I missed tagging you, but your vote definitely counts. :)

Thanked by (1)subenhon

@Lantern1368 @cpsd @sahjanivishal What do you think, please?

Yeah, it'd be great to have more people take benefit of Crunchy!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Sure, It would be great

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • I'm all for it, @Not_Oles

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

Got a "yes" on more Neighbors from each of our current Crunchy Neighbors! Also, Crunchy doesn't look especially busy:

03:31:56 up 6 days, 11:53,  3 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.31, 0.31

So, maybe tomorrow, I will use bashvm to make four more Crunchy VPSes, Specs as per the OP, and then eventually give them out. Might take awhile. Might need a reboot.

If you want a Crunchy VM, please do read the OP, and then please do post here.

Thanks to our wonderful Crunchy Neighbors! <3

Thanks to @crunchbits for wonderful Crunchy! <3

Hello! Here is a yabs from newly created Crunchy vm104, which will be the next Crunchy VM to be almost given away for $1.01 until November 8. Thanks to @crunchbits for Crunchy! <3

debian@vm104-crunchy:~$ date -u
    Tue Mar 19 20:40:24 UTC 2024
    debian@vm104-crunchy:~$ curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-03-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue Mar 19 20:41:04 UTC 2024

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 10 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3504.076 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 984.3 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-18-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Redoubt Networks
    ASN        : AS400304 Redoubt Networks
    Host       : Redoubt Networks
    Location   : Liberty Lake, Washington (WA)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 199.44 MB/s  (49.8k) | 2.17 GB/s    (34.0k)
    Write      | 199.97 MB/s  (49.9k) | 2.18 GB/s    (34.1k)
    Total      | 399.41 MB/s  (99.8k) | 4.36 GB/s    (68.1k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.57 GB/s     (6.9k) | 533.39 MB/s    (520)
    Write      | 3.76 GB/s     (7.3k) | 568.91 MB/s    (555)
    Total      | 7.34 GB/s    (14.3k) | 1.10 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 656 Mbits/sec   | 208 Mbits/sec   | 128 ms         
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 733 Mbits/sec   | 541 Mbits/sec   | 202 ms         
    Telia           | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 296 Mbits/sec   | 188 Mbits/sec   | 160 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 551 Mbits/sec   | 184 Mbits/sec   | 220 ms         
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 629 Mbits/sec   | 501 Mbits/sec   | 231 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 496 Mbits/sec   | 38.0 ms        
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 818 Mbits/sec   | 545 Mbits/sec   | 72.7 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 379 Mbits/sec   | 122 Mbits/sec   | 172 ms         

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 769 Mbits/sec   | 122 Mbits/sec   | 128 ms         
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 788 Mbits/sec   | 523 Mbits/sec   | 134 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 499 Mbits/sec   | 133 Mbits/sec   | 221 ms         
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 676 Mbits/sec   | 548 Mbits/sec   | 200 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 875 Mbits/sec   | 38.0 ms        
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 866 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 72.7 ms        
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 555 Mbits/sec   | 103 Mbits/sec   | 172 ms         

Running GB6 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1411                          
    Multi Core      | 2496                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/5382789

YABS completed in 16 min 11 sec
    debian@vm104-crunchy:~$ 

Here is network-speed from newly created vm105-crunchy, also up for adoption. Thanks @crunchbits! :3

---------------------------- network-speed.xyz ----------------------------
          A simple script to test network performance using speedtest-cli      
     Version            : v2024.03.15
     Global Speedtest   : wget -qO- network-speed.xyz | bash
     Region Speedtest   : wget -qO- network-speed.xyz | bash -s -- -r <region>
     Basic System Info
     CPU Model          : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz
     CPU Cores          : 2 @ 3504.076 MHz
     CPU Cache          : 16384 KB
     AES-NI             : ✔ Enabled
     VM-x/AMD-V         : ✔ Enabled
     Total Disk         : 984.3 GB (1.3 GB Used)
     Total RAM          : 3.8 GB (351.4 MB Used)
     System uptime      : 0 days, 0 hour 7 min
     Load average       : 0.02, 0.10, 0.06
     OS                 : Debian GNU/Linux 12
     Arch               : x86_64 (64 Bit)
     Kernel             : 6.1.0-18-amd64
     Virtualization     : KVM
     TCP Control        : 
     Basic Network Info
     Primary Network    : IPv6
     IPv6 Access        : ✔ Online
     IPv4 Access        : ✔ Online
     ISP                : Redoubt Networks
     ASN                : AS400304 Redoubt Networks
     Host               : Redoubt Networks
     Location           : Liberty Lake, Washington-WA, United States
     Speedtest.net (Region: GLOBAL)
     Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server      

ISP: Crunchbits 

Nearest          0.59 ms     0.0%    932.52 Mbps    928.40 Mbps    Crunchbits - Spokane, WA 

Kochi, IN        284.23 ms   0.0%    369.64 Mbps    317.28 Mbps    Asianet Broadband - Cochin 
     Bangalore, IN    260.69 ms   0.0%    452.79 Mbps    340.98 Mbps    Bharti Airtel Ltd - Bangalore 
     Chennai, IN      282.36 ms   N/A     367.62 Mbps    159.61 Mbps    Jio - Chennai 
     Mumbai, IN       256.73 ms   0.0%    427.86 Mbps    307.96 Mbps    i3D.net - Mumbai 
     Delhi, IN        280.92 ms   0.0%    482.40 Mbps    332.54 Mbps    Tata Play Fiber - New Delhi 

Seattle, US      16.42 ms    N/A     590.98 Mbps    876.33 Mbps    Comcast - Seattle, WA 
     Los Angeles, US  36.59 ms    0.0%    684.40 Mbps    789.65 Mbps    ReliableSite Hosting - Los Angeles, CA 
     Dallas, US       56.66 ms    0.0%    767.47 Mbps    843.10 Mbps    Hivelocity - Dallas, TX 
     Miami, US        87.59 ms    N/A     851.54 Mbps    875.17 Mbps    Dish Wireless - Miami, FL 
     New York, US     72.33 ms    0.0%    974.83 Mbps    880.81 Mbps    GSL Networks - New York, NY 
     Toronto, CA      61.22 ms    0.0%    899.52 Mbps    872.40 Mbps    Rogers - Toronto, ON 
     Mexico City, MX  89.51 ms    N/A     895.42 Mbps    860.63 Mbps    INFINITUM - Mexico City 

London, UK       128.34 ms   0.0%    924.81 Mbps    685.70 Mbps    VeloxServ Communications - London 
     Amsterdam, NL    133.62 ms   0.0%    966.74 Mbps    655.01 Mbps    31173 Services AB - Amsterdam 
     Paris, FR        139.06 ms   N/A     954.71 Mbps    163.03 Mbps    Axione - Paris 
     Frankfurt, DE    140.40 ms   0.0%    802.58 Mbps    626.97 Mbps    Clouvider Ltd - Frankfurt am Main 
     Warsaw, PL       151.21 ms   0.0%    938.50 Mbps    473.55 Mbps    Play - Warszawa 
     Bucharest, RO    188.33 ms   0.0%    661.19 Mbps    456.59 Mbps    Vodafone Romania Fixed – Bucharest - Bucharest 
     Moscow, RU       174.36 ms   0.0%    808.95 Mbps    509.29 Mbps    MegaFon - Moscow 

Jeddah, SA       192.22 ms   0.3%    919.15 Mbps    461.34 Mbps    Saudi Telecom Company 
     Dubai, AE        241.23 ms   0.0%    904.34 Mbps    371.27 Mbps    du - Dubai  
     Fujairah, AE     257.05 ms   0.0%    768.95 Mbps    334.98 Mbps    ETISALAT-UAE - Fujairah 
     Istanbul, TR     234.65 ms   0.0%    625.32 Mbps    442.57 Mbps    Turkcell - Istanbul 
     Tehran, IR       210.16 ms   0.0%    414.66 Mbps    408.94 Mbps    Asiatech - Tehran 

Tokyo, JP        150.69 ms   N/A     556.91 Mbps    553.38 Mbps    fdcservers.net - Tokyo 
     Shanghai, CU-CN  167.34 ms   55.4%   538.59 Mbps    261.21 Mbps    China Unicom 5G - Shanghai 
     Nanjing, CT-CN   206.01 ms   18.5%   4.60 Mbps      0.72 Mbps      China Telecom JiangSu 5G - Nanjing 
     Hong Kong, CN    178.96 ms   N/A     539.59 Mbps    497.48 Mbps    STC - Hong Kong 
     Singapore, SG    201.24 ms   0.0%    487.54 Mbps    451.00 Mbps    i3D.net - Singapore 
     Jakarta, ID      FAILED                                                        
     Avg DL Speed       : 683.80 Mbps
     Avg UL Speed       : 524.60 Mbps

Total DL Data      : 29.79 GB
     Total UL Data      : 21.48 GB
     Total Data         : 51.27 GB
     Duration           : 15 min 44 sec
     System Time        : 19/03/2024 - 22:09:25 UTC
     Total Script Runs  : 38344
     Result             : https://result.network-speed.xyz/r/1710885977_ASCL6K_GLOBAL.txt
    debian@vm105-crunchy:~$ 

Crunchy vm106 and vm107 now seem to be working. :) Thanks @crunchbits for wonderful Crunchy! <3

• I don't want no VPS, but I sent a donation of $1.01, just because. Keep doing what you do.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Lantern1368

How are you... online?

@root said:
    I don't want no VPS, but I sent a donation of $1.01, just because. Keep doing what you do.

Received! Wow! Thanks! :)

@Not_Oles said:

@root said:
    I don't want no VPS, but I sent a donation of $1.01, just because. Keep doing what you do.

Received! Wow! Thanks! :)

Added your kind comment to the OP. :) Thanks again!

Hello! Payment received for 104 and 105. The guys on those two VMs have logged in successfully. Two more, 106 and 107, are still available if anyone is interested. Please read the OP before posting. Thanks to @crunchbits for wonderful Crunchy! <3

• I want to buy this configuration you listed, how much does it cost? The forum I just registered is a rookie, but I have purchased the host to set up my own private online game. This configuration is quite satisfactory. It is particularly large and unable to run, suitable for my own single small games, so that I don't need to use a virtual machine. =)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles