Keyboard Master Race

Is there any keyboard you feel exceptionally comfortable with? What model is it?

My laptop keyboard was extraordinarily comfy, 5° outward curvature, crisp key-press threshold, wrist rest warmed by the CPU (practical during EU cold-war winters)... but then it broke. So I got a replacement from AliExpress but it's a rubbish replica with mushy rubber domes with no clear feedback, and the keys are too hard to press. So I'm looking to buy something else. But what? Either a notebook or a standalone keyboard are fine, but I'm looking for something truly top notch so I imagine that only a notebook can have a top quality keyboard and fit within a normie's discretional spending allowance, because a quality standalone keyboard can cost more than my car.

LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

Comments

  • FalzoFalzo Senpai

    Only mechanical switches. Test a few different ones, to find out which behaviour suits you best. For me it is brown ones, but this something very subjective.

  • edited 3:19PM

    @Falzo said:
    Only mechanical switches. Test a few different ones, to find out which behaviour suits you best. For me it is brown ones, but this something very subjective.

    I was born without the gene for mechanical keyboard, I've been using the Logitech kb in the pic above for two weeks as a temporary replacement, and I'm starting to have carpal tunnel syndrome which I never ever had before. My main issue with these kbs is the long key travel distance, which requires wider movements of the finger joints and more cumulative joules. They are also noisy since that extra typing energy bounces back into my eardrums...

  • FalzoFalzo Senpai

    That keyboard doesn't neccessarily look like mechanical. If you still wanna try, I'd suggest red switches. Linear, only 40g pressure, silent(ish) :-)

  • I get like mechanical keyboards, when on sale, for about 20-40€, with shipping.
    Right now I am hooked on Ducky Keyboards.

    My last one was 22€, MX Blue

  • I remember the Amiga 1000 was dreamy to type on.

    export SIGNATURE="just_a_product_of_the_${ENV:-/}"

  • I use a Kinesis Advantage360 with Gateron Browns. Comfiest keyboard I've used in my life, I doubt I'll ever switch to anything else :sweat_smile: They are expensive, but absolutely worth it if you're typing for many hours every day.

    https://kinesis-ergo.com/keyboards/advantage360/

    LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

  • We have an ergodox with matias alps key switches for over a decade, then last year, switched to a cheapino.

    Not ours:
    LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

    DM us for private tracker invite.

  • teamaccteamacc OG teamacc

    Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

  • LeeLee OG
    edited 7:21PM

    Don't ask me to explain why, all I can tell you is that I love typing on this. I haven't even used Windows in so long.

    LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

  • I used to use a Lily58 but switched to a Sofle now, with light linear switches. Also using a wacom tablet instead of a mouse. Very comfortable.

  • edited 8:55PM

    @Lee said:
    Don't ask me to explain why, all I can tell you is that I love typing on this. I haven't even used Windows in so long.

    What model is this? The emacs M-x prefix (pressing left alt+x concurrently) wouldn't void the warranty of my wrist on this one. The spare Logitech that I'm using has convex key caps and slippery plastic, I slip off these keys 20% of the time:

    LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

    LowEndSpirit - VPS Hosting and tech forum

Sign In or Register to comment.