Cloudflare IPv4 to IPv6 not working?

Hi all, I just got a new NAT VPS and tried to set it up with Cloudflare and I am unable to access the nginx page that I have configured through Cloudflare (proxied) on my home (IPv4) or LTE (IPv4/IPv6) connection. Everything works fine if I turn off the Cloudflare proxy feature accessing the domain from my LTE connection. This worked with no issues when I was running mikho's NAT VPS a year or two but Cloudflare has changed their UI since then for DNS.

Is there something obvious I'm overlooking? The AAAA record is configured fine, it's just the IPv4->IPv6 proxy on their end that isn't working correctly.

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Check to see if your IPv6 is actually an he.net tunnel, HE.net now block traffic to Cloudflare on their tunnels.

Side note, I think between he.net and cogent it is some pact to impact ipv6 as much as possible.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Check to see if your IPv6 is actually an he.net tunnel, HE.net now block traffic to Cloudflare on their tunnels.

Side note, I think between he.net and cogent it is some pact to impact ipv6 as much as possible.

I'm on a Colocrossing node in Buffalo so yes, it is an HE tunnel. PMing you because now I need a new VPS.

@bunsenb said: I'm on a Colocrossing node in Buffalo so yes

Well that was your first mistake!

Thanked by (2)bugrakoc mikho

• @bunsenb said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I'm on a Colocrossing node in Buffalo so yes, it is an HE tunnel. PMing you because now I need a new VPS.

Colocrossing now support IPV6 ?

• @isunbejo said:

@bunsenb said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Colocrossing now support IPV6 ?

Key word: HE tunnel

Thanked by (3)Ouji isunbejo mikho

🦍🍌

@isunbejo said: Colocrossing now support IPV6 ?

No, I think the OP was saying he had to use an he.net tunnel because he is on a coloncrossing VPS.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@isunbejo said: Colocrossing now support IPV6 ?

No, I think the OP was saying he had to use an he.net tunnel because he is on a coloncrossing VPS.

Yes, the Colocrossing Buffalo VPS has IPv6 solely via HE tunnels.

Maybe someone can enlighten me, what is so wrong with Colocrossing? I've been around enough to know there's general shadiness (spam, and shilling of some type mostly) but as an end user of things on some of their servers they have been all right. I used to play on a Minecraft server that was through some gameserver provider using them in Dallas and it was solid for me as an end user. My other VPS on this same node is fine for general VPN use also.

Spam, shilling, ID theft, sock puppet schemes, selling VPS as dedicated servers, general abuse of position on a large scale, sponsored cash grab and bust operations, hundreds of meaningful deceptive lies for profit.

I could expand on each of those to the extreme, all significantly worse than the title implies in isolation but it’s just repeating everything that has been covered over and over for at least 8 years.