How to add a domain

edited July 2020 in Technical

Please move to Technical, missed the right forum :s
Hi folks, how are you?
First, let me say, great site, and great guides. I know there is a dummy proxmox setup guide, but, since im truly new (first time I bought and use Linux), its kinda hard getting all to work ok, but, im getting used to.
Im following this guide: https://lowendspirit.com/postinstall-configuration-of-proxmox-ve-6-2 god bless not_oles ^^

Problems I currently have:
Cant link a domain to my server. I use a freenom domain, already pointed domain to server, but, don't know in wich part of the server sould I asign the domain.
I have it assign in "Host", don't know if its right or not, but when I try to enter, I get empty response on port 8006.

On both domains its the same.

Thx for the help, and sorry for the n00b question.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

Comments

• Hiya,
    Welcome to LES :).

Proxmox is a control panel for deploying servers (vps) within servers and not really a domain/web hosting control panel :)

Since you are asking this question, safe to assume you very new with this.

You can install a control panel (not alongside proxmox) such as KeyHelp/CentosWebPanel to be able to host your website and contents :)

Thanked by (1)kind
  • edited July 2020

Thx for the welcome ^^
    I do know that, but, like the guide is showing, in order to add a SSL certificate to the proxmox gui access, is needed to add a domain wich points to server, and then ask the SSL.
    My use won't be hosting sites, but for my private game server, but thats a topic for other thread (security advices :# )

Again, thx for comment and the welcome, and hope it's clarify what i'm trying to achieve.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

set the hostname while iso installing process, then point the domain to server ip, should be accessible

Thanked by (1)kind
  • @Abdullah said:
    set the hostname while iso installing process, then point the domain to server ip, should be accessible

Didn't work, domain is pointed ok (ping shows server ip). Whenever I try to access through explorer (chrome, firefox, etc) on plain domain its shows me:

on :8006:

On server host config I think its okay.

167.XXX.XXX.XXX XXXXXXX.ml master

• @kind said:
    Thx for the welcome ^^
    I do know that, but, like the guide is showing, in order to add a SSL certificate to the proxmox gui access, is needed to add a domain wich points to server, and then ask the SSL.
    My use won't be hosting sites, but for my private game server, but thats a topic for other thread (security advices :# )

Again, thx for comment and the welcome, and hope it's clarify what i'm trying to achieve.

Ah.

Could be a dns cache issue if you have pointed your domain using A record.

Mind sending a pm with the IP and hostname?

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles kind
  • @seriesn said:

Ah.

Could be a dns cache issue if you have pointed your domain using A record.

Mind sending a pm with the IP and hostname?

No problem, sended.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    Thanked by (2)Not_Oles kind

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Solved. Seems to be a dns flush problem, weird since ping was pointing ok,but browser didnt. Thx to all for the help!

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Here I am, late to the party! :)

@kind said: god bless not_oles ^^

¡Gracias! Welcome to LES!

Thanks for the ping!

@seriesn said: Mind sending a pm with the IP and hostname?

Yet again I notice you going the extra mile to help somebody. The reason for the <3

@kind said: Solved.

Excellent! :)

Thanked by (2)seriesn kind

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!