Free .design on Porkbun

sanvitsanvit OG
edited August 2020 in Free Offers and Stuff

You can use coupon code 'GOOG19A' to get a free .design domain on Porkbun

Thanked by (5)akhfa poppz Ganonk someTom Naix

Comments

• Thank you! Actually a domain I was intending to register last week is now free :)

Thanked by (1)sanvit
  • oh my GOD, i have not cc

• @poppz said:
    Thank you! Actually a domain I was intending to register last week is now free :)

Good for you :)

@Ganonk said:
    oh my GOD, i have not cc

Don't you have any kind of debit/gift card?

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • Like JasonM at LET mentioned, you might want to turn off auto renew, as the renewal fee is quite expensive (~$35)

Thanked by (3)willie vyas Ganonk
  • @Ganonk said: oh my GOD, i have not cc

As @sanvit said, a Visa or MasterCard debit card with the international transaction feature enabled on it can do the job just fine.

Thanked by (1)sanvit
  • Lies, i can't.

Thanked by (1)Janevski

so say we all

• @xaoc said:
    Lies, i can't.

It still seems to work for me?

• havochavoc OGContent Writer
    edited August 2020

Awesome. Got one that I really like. Thanks boss

Only works for 1 domain in cart and doesn't work for premiums. So if the domain isn't ~6 USD precoupon don't bother

The 30 USD renewal is quite spicy tho

Thanked by (1)sanvit
  • @sanvit said:

@xaoc said:
    Lies, i can't.

Confirmed my cc 3 times just to meet a message that my order price has changed. So price goes back to 5$ or something like that. I even tried removing that mail thingy from the order with the same result so yup, lies! xD

so say we all

• @xaoc said:

@sanvit said:

@xaoc said:
    Lies, i can't.

Confirmed my cc 3 times just to meet a message that my order price has changed. So price goes back to 5$ or something like that. I even tried removing that mail thingy from the order with the same result so yup, lies! xD

Well, you might want to contact support if that’s the case. Their support was pretty helpful :)

• VPNVPN OG
    edited August 2020

@xaoc said:

@sanvit said:

@xaoc said:
    Lies, i can't.

I have the exact same issue, and maybe this offer is only for new customers.

Thanked by (1)sanvit
  • @sanvit said:

@xaoc said:

@sanvit said:

@xaoc said:
    Lies, i can't.

Well, you might want to contact support if that’s the case. Their support was pretty helpful :)

Nah, it's fine, I'm sure they got plenty of other, more important tickets, to look @. :D

Thanked by (1)sanvit

so say we all

• IIRC they had a similar deal before for .ink, which is another TLD they own.

• armandorgarmandorg Services Provider

Was looking to register a domain with this extension a while ago aswell, though you should have mentioned it requires a credit card attached if you want to grab the free domain.

Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
    WHMCS.design - WHMCS Themes | Blesta.shop - Blesta Themes

• @armandorg said:
    Was looking to register a domain with this extension a while ago aswell, though you should have mentioned it requires a credit card attached if you want to grab the free domain.

Welcome to LES mate!

Thanked by (1)armandorg

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

@vpsgeek3333 said:

@armandorg said:

Welcome to LES mate!

Thank you mate!

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

This promo got me one of my all time fav domain names ever. :)

And no I'm not posting it, but lets just say it reads well as a whole

• edited October 2020
    1. Get a free domain.
    2. Put in the effort to build up the website.
    3. Find out that renewal is expensive.
    4. Dilemma: pay the $35 or lose the traffic?
    5. Unless, it's for a scam operation?

Also, my vegan friends and Muslim friends and Indian friends are sending complaints when I transferred a domain to this registrar.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:
    1. Get a free domain.

Also, my vegan friends and Muslim friends and Indian friends are sending complaints when I transferred a domain to this registrar.

Actually i see it very good to have an expensive domain after the first year. Because we go ahead and buy some many cheap domains and we even forget to create some kind of project in it. When the expensive renewal comes, you're like, is my project with this domain worth more than 40$? : )

• @armandorg said:

@yoursunny said:
    1. Get a free domain.

Actually i see it very good to have an expensive domain after the first year. Because we go ahead and buy some many cheap domains and we even forget to create some kind of project in it. When the expensive renewal comes, you're like, is my project with this domain worth more than 40$? : )

Most "projects" don't need their own domains. Subdomains are good enough.
    In the past, you need a short domain to put on billboards and radios. Nowadays, the URI is in hyperlink or QR code or search engine, so that longer path doesn't hurt.

I have a project with 100+ stars and forks on GitHub, so I guess it's worth something, but that project doesn't even have a webpage other than the repository itself.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:

@armandorg said:

Most "projects" don't need their own domains. Subdomains are good enough.
    In the past, you need a short domain to put on billboards and radios. Nowadays, the URI is in hyperlink or QR code or search engine, so that longer path doesn't hurt.

Maybe that's how you see it, there are people like me which whenever they think of a new project the first thing that comes in our minds is "Project Name - Short Cool Domain Name for it".

• Yeah I have one of those coming up for expiration/renewal. Probably not worth renewing even though it's a cute name.

Thanked by (1)armandorg