Looking for a webdev for static website

Hello!

Since I'm in mood for some requests, I'll also drop this one here.
We (as a company) are looking for a website developer to help creating our new website.
We currently use a Wordpress one but everybody hates how slow it is and the html it generates is absolutely horrible.

Our company is selling machinery and we are in need of both a showcase website, but also one that can be a resource for our customers.
Ideally it'll be static with Hugo or something similar, but i have no particular request if not for an engine that's not hard to use.
Even django or light CMSes are fine if i can generate html from them (i'll do it myself with wget or something, don't worry).

Prebuilt themes are fine (we actually bought a theme already but I'm open for better looking ones).

What we need:
Sony's pro website is a perfect example of what we need.
Literally that website is perfection:

• Product pages Example (with landing, overview, features, specifications, resources, related accessories/products/blog posts) - product often share specs and "feature blocks" so it'd be nice to be able to recycle some content (we currently do that with Uncode blocks)
  • Landing pages/case history Example
  • List of products Example - products don't usually overlap in categories so a simple hierarchical structure
  • Blog posts Example

Bonus points:

• The option to compare products from same categories
  • I18n support
  • Sites degrades gracefully if js disabled
  • Proper EU invoice

Comments

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@foxone said:

In that case - you can just tear that apart and figure out what they did:

https://builtwith.com/

Looks like an interesting project...but def above my skill level.

• @havoc said:

@foxone said:

In that case - you can just tear that apart and figure out what they did:

https://builtwith.com/

Looks like an interesting project...but def above my skill level.

It's not above mine, but I'm not familiar enough with webdev stuff to ne honest. I'm more of a backend guy

• Should have a look at Eleventy and it's community :p

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Find someone on Upwork :)

https://www.upwork.com/cat/developers/

Fiverr probably would work too

• foxonefoxone OG
    edited September 2020

@TigersWay said:
    Should have a look at Eleventy and it's community :p

Black Lives Matter The Equal Justice Initiative We The Protesters Delete Facebook

???????

• Hugo is a great idea.. I like their structure and the way you can automate some of the deployment is good. Have you seen the netlify hugo deployment process? Commit to Git (the new .md files) and the new site is automatically published.

• @abytecurious said:
    Hugo is a great idea.. I like their structure and the way you can automate some of the deployment is good. Have you seen the netlify hugo deployment process? Commit to Git (the new .md files) and the new site is automatically published.

Yes! I've seen that. However, I'm completely lost on how to organize pages in categories and generate all the product listings automatically...

• @foxone I think it depends a lot on the theme. I had some success in creating this https://support.notebc.space/, but I needed someone to write the articles and stopped development for a while.
    The biggest problem I faced was that the changing the netlify default theme was a big pain.

• edited September 2020

@foxone
    Not sure which part of wp is slow, the frontend or admin area.

If the problem is the frontend and your team already familiar with wp, you can try plugins (statichtmloutput .com, wordpress .org/plugins/export-wp-page-to-static-html/) or services (hardypress .com/getshifter .io) to convert wp to static.

But if the problem is the admin and your team is not familiar with hugo and friends at staticgen .com, perhaps you need other cms as wp alternatives.

Thanked by (1)Intelpentium0