Disappointing Weekend from Hetzner

lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Is it just me, or was Hetzner's Black Friday (no setup fee on EX/PX/AX161 product lines) a bit disappointing?

The EX line is waaay worse than the AX line (which still had setup fees), and the PX line isn't that good either imho. Obviously, prices are very good normally compared to other providers, but I was hoping for no setup fees on the AX/SX line too.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Thoughts: Businesses exist to earn money.

Thanked by (3)lentro yoursunny hey
  • I don't recall any remarkable offers from Hetzner on BF. They usually waive setup fees on some lines like this year. They argue that instead of running promos they offer a sustainable low price year-round.

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@beagle said:
    I don't recall any remarkable offers from Hetzner on BF. They usually waive setup fees on some lines like this year. They argue that instead of running promos they offer a sustainable low price year-round.

Ah, I see. Just seemed like they missed out on the BF craze given the less publicity. Hell, I even forgot they existed when comparing BF deals.

But yeah, another viewpoint is that now I feel comfortable buying their servers any time of the year given that I know the prices will stay the same :)

• Yeah, Hetzner offers remarkably good VFM all year round, even with their set-up fee.

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

How long until Epyc Milan? Is it possible that Milan is available soon and that Hetzner's removing the setup fee on the AX161 might have as much to do with the impending arrival of Milan as Black Weekend? Same for the other servers for which setup fees were removed. Are they about to head over to the auction?

Thanked by (1)lentro

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@Not_Oles said:
    How long until Epyc Milan? Is it possible that Milan is available soon and that Hetzner's removing the setup fee on the AX161 might have as much to do with the impending arrival of Milan as Black Weekend? Same for the other servers for which setup fees were removed. Are they about to head over to the auction?

Huh, interesting! I can't imagine why anyone would get the EX/PX products over an AX product, so those were on the way out in the first place, but this also suggests the AX161 is on the way out too, and Hetzner knows it.

Good food for thought!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles