Windows VM hourly for 5 days

Needed 30 instances of Windows VM for maximum of 4-5 days for the training work, each instance can range from 4 to 6 GB RAM, 60 GB HDD/SSD approximately, 2 V.cPU. Need to complete the setup tomorrow mid day,

Anyone tried Hezner for Windows VMs?

Comments

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Tbh, I would recommend the big three if you don't have an account with one already. Sign up for a few hundred dollars in credit, and then just use that.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @lentro said:
    Tbh, I would recommend the big three if you don't have an account with one already. Sign up for a few hundred dollars in credit, and then just use that.

Microsoft , Azure, Google ?

• Vultr custom ISO + Snapshot restore/create (API framework for easier use)

Thanked by (1)gks
  • Trying this for a while with hetzner,

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Last minute training on New Year’s Day? I bet whoever is getting it loves you...

Don’t mess around then just use any big player that has snapshot and restore.

While during regular work periods I would be happy to quote you for deploying that for you, leaving it to NYE/NYD would result in it costing more than you likely want to pay.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Last minute training on New Year’s Day? I bet whoever is getting it loves you...

Don’t mess around then just use any big player that has snapshot and restore.

While during regular work periods I would be happy to quote you for deploying that for you, leaving it to NYE/NYD would result in it costing more than you likely want to pay.

Alright, for next training, I will connect you for such request. That is easy for me and training company too.

So far, tried AWS [have some credit], it created the instance, could do remote desktop.
    It is also super easy in Hetzner, following the youtube video link I have shared.
    Training on Sat, Sun, Mon, need to make all up tonight for the client to feel happy.

Happy new year Bro!!

• Hetzner didn't disappoint me, the Video link from youtube and Awesome UI made me to create my first Windows cloud instance easily, enabled RDP and install required software. Then shutdown the VM and taken the snapshot and could able to clone and push forward.

I am not so clear about licensing of Windows, but 1 month trial supposed be there, we need VMs for max 4 days.

• Did Windows update, due to remote RDP credssp login issue

Need to change configuration for RDP authentication, last 2 hours due to this, was able to login from ubuntu but the client faced issue, finally go to know that client windows computers running latest updates, the Windows 2016 instance not updated.

https://4sysops.com/archives/rdp-authentication-error-due-to-the-credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error/

All smoothly done. Also 75% to 85% saving compared to AWS/Azure for 8 GB RAM, 80 GB storage, 20 TB bandwidth..