Inception Hosting - We are off to Amsterdam! (Service migrations)
Copy of email sent to all customers in the Netherlands:
As some of you will have no doubt noticed the hardware and general services in the Netherlands from Inception Hosting is getting dated. This has in part been due to failure to reach a suitable long term contract with i3d (the upstream DC) as such what was once Inception Hosting’s largest market and where it all began back in 2011 is now by far the smallest in the Netherlands. I am happy to say that is about to change.
Since late 2020 options have been looked at to bring the Netherlands service back to life and former glory, I am pleased to say that Inception Hosting has found a new home with Clouvider Amsterdam.
All current services will soon be migrated to Clouvider Amsterdam and any new services will be provisioned there as standard from now on.
This is a giant service upgrade, services will now be based on pure NVMe raid disk arrays, 10gbit port speeds, and on Intel Xeon E-2278G processors, the difference in performance will be night and day.
What this means in practical terms for you:
- Migration from i3d Rotterdam to Clouvider Amsterdam, this work will begin today from 16:00 (UK/London time) and is planned to be complete by 17:00 on Friday 12th February.
- Your service will be unavailable during migration but it should not take much longer than 3 minutes per 1GB of data you have is the best estimate although this can vary.
- Your IPv4 and IPv6 address will change however we have put some work into making sure you have plenty of time to get switched onto your new IP addresses. After your service is migrated your current IP’s will still work.
- Once your service has been migrated you will see you have a new IPv4 and IPv6 subnet in addition to your old IP addresses, you will have further access to manage these within the VPS control panel.
- It is vital that you start using the new IP addresses by midnight 25th February 2021 as they will be removed from your VPS on the 26th February 2021.
- A great upgrade to your service!
- For Customers using the NAT containers in The Netherlands, you will be emailed separately with instructions for the new NAT IPv4 gateway addresses and haproxy IP’s, this is still a work in progress, you will benefit from the same upgrades.
If you have any questions or concerns or would like to volunteer to be migrated early then please pop a ticket in to support and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.