well, this drama...my fault

edited April 2021 in Reviews

Yesterday I grabbed HostSlick LowEnd Small KVM I (2020)
then I have a YABS test on it and the result, I/O and cpu score is quiet low
at that time, I should have opened a ticket asking for help,
but I didn't cause there is some pre-judge or prejudice in my head, like HostSlick doesn't provide a good service somewhat based on some previous bad reviews I have seen before.
And it turns out that I misunderstand them, so here I would make an apology for my sudden impulse and the harm I have done
They give the refund and in the end present a vps to me as a gift.
I'd say sorry for the chaos interrupting a nice weekend

Comments

• What did they respond to the ticket you opened?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:
    What did they respond to the ticket you opened?

Well, I have not opened a ticket yet.
    I just thought if anyone else buy a new one, he is likely to have the same experience with me.
    In my memory, there are many consumers pointing out Hostslick's problem, low I/O and cpu performance since the last BlackFriday, but till now it seeems they have not solve those problem well..

• @brunuh said: In my memory, there are many consumers pointing out Hostslick's problem, low I/O and cpu performance since the last BlackFriday

But you still bought and are surprised..

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Ympker
  • edited April 2021

@Lee said:
    But you still bought and are surprised..

I suppose they might get better..have the problems solved...but it turns out not

• That's not Slick :confused:

Based on the IO seems like it is running on HDD?

• @FAT32 said:
    Based on the IO seems like it is running on HDD?

1vcore @ (Intel XEON E5)
    1GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    50GB SSD-RAID10
    2TB Bandwidth
    1Gbit Uplink
    Complimentary Corero Anti-DDoS

It's description says "SSD-RAID10"

• HostSlickHostSlick Hosting Provider
    edited April 2021

Please check and post bench now, problem on this node solved. I/O Abuser detected -> suspended and customer causing it contacted
    Next time please open a ticket.

Thanked by (2)Wolveix Freek
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

Poor style naming & shaming before attempting to resolve it constructively

Thanked by (2)Wolveix cybertech
  • @brunuh can we edit the tite please-.

@Mason @mikho maybe the title can be less dramatic.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

And that is the problem with basing everything on a single point in time fully synthetic benchmark.

Thanked by (2)lentro Ympker

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Because, for benchmark junkies, real world performance is not important.

Only synthetic numbers are a matter of importance to them.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny ariq01

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @HostSlick said:
    Please check and post bench now, problem on this node solved. I/O Abuser detected -> suspended and customer causing it contacted

The question remains, why does a costumer need to let you know about an I/O issue of a node?
    Don't you have monitoring?

Thanked by (2)lentro brunuh
  • edited April 2021

@HostSlick said:

Funny, I got no chance to give a test again because You simply cancelled this vps with no refund =)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • edited April 2021

@deank said:
    Because, for benchmark junkies, real world performance is not important.
    Only synthetic numbers are a matter of importance to them.

Man, are you serious?
    With that low cpu score, Single Core 228/Multi Core 255, you could acutally experience anything running one times longer than those normal vps apparantly
    just apt install something, you can feel it's quite slow

Or can you give a simple direct example, a vps get a Geekbench 5 score lower than 300 but it's running smoothly/normally compared to those score 500 vps (average score for E5 vps from my knowledge) ?

• edited April 2021

@InceptionHosting said:
    And that is the problem with basing everything on a single point in time fully synthetic benchmark.

So, are you questioning about the reference value of YABS?
    Why majority of the E5 vps I have bought can have a average score around 500 (and they run normal)
    This vps scores 250 and it acutually running quiet slower than those scores 500 vps.
    I am saying facts, the relevance between test score and the running speed is just there, anyone can check it if they don't believe there is a real relevance
    What are you saying about, man?

• @ehab said:
    @brunuh can we edit the tite please-.
    @Mason @mikho maybe the title can be less dramatic.

I am just saying facts, man
    Starting from last year BlackFriday, many costumers have reflected these problems since then.
    But till now it seems not solved well
    Do you think HostSlick have dealed this seriously or they have attached importance to this?

• edited April 2021

@InceptionHosting said:

If you don't believe what I have said
    You can simply buy a HostSlick vps then have a check =)
    From your words, it seems you believes HostSlick provide a good quality service, right? ;)

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Hey, man

Don't take everything as an insult, go spend some time outside or with your family, don't obsess over arguing online :)

Thanked by (3)seriesn _MS_ vyas
  • @havoc said:
    Poor style naming & shaming before attempting to resolve it constructively

Well, if you hace some search you can find this problem(low I/O low cpu performance) exists since last year.
    and till now April, four month later, it doesn't have any improvement.
    I bought this vps yesterday, and if you buy it today, you would have the same experience with me, don't you believe it's not a coincidence?
    This reflects HostSlick attaches little importance to costumer's experience, right?

• @lentro said:
    Hey, man
    Don't take everything as an insult, go spend some time outside or with your family, don't obsess over arguing online :)

Hello, man
    I am fine and I am just telling some facts, let people see the facts.
    I don't take different voices as offence
    Anyone can check the facts with their own hands and own eyes, if they are willing to. ;)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

just ensure get your refund and pay more for a reputable provider. no point debating.

but YABS is the best.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited April 2021

@cybertech said:
    just ensure get your refund and pay more for a reputable provider. no point debating.

If HostSlick are not willing to handle this appropriately, I may go to LET let more people see their vps I/O with such low cpu score for most people they can hardly ever see through their whole life :o
    HostSlick have the right to conceal facts, and I have the right to put it under the sun :/

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@brunuh said:

@cybertech said:

If HostSlick are not willing to handle this appropriately, I may go to LET let more people see their vps I/O with such low cpu score for most people they can hardly ever see through their whole life :o
    HostSlick have the right to conceal facts, and I have the right to put it under the sun :/

nexusbytes just made new offers here. grab it while it's hot.

Thanked by (1)seriesn

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Neoon said:
    The question remains, why does a costumer need to let you know about an I/O issue of a node?

LOL. I totally see what you did there.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

edited April 2021

@brunuh said:
    Funny, I got no chance to give a test again because You simply cancelled this vps with no refund =)

This is wrong.
    Your 12€/yr Package was fully refunded all 12€ by my colleage who made the ticket
    Paypal reference 96A4028476696281C
    timestamp 9. April 2021 um 18:17:39 MESZ

We would never do this. Customer always gets their refund

edited April 2021

edit.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2021

@HostSlick said:

Your 12€/yr Package was fully refunded

I missed the Friday night drama of 1 Euro a month because of time zone.

Good that it got resolved.

I suggest the drama be titled "Much Ado About Nothing". made me run a YABS on my Hostslick VPS though - numbers look okay for Hard disk and 587/773 GB5 (Single/multi)

• edited April 2021

@HostSlick said:

Thank you, I have seen the refund

edited April 2021

@brunuh said:

@HostSlick said:

Thank you, I have seen the refund

Please check your account and Email Inbox