Switch Recommendations

2»

Comments

• @FlamingSpaceJunk said:
    If anyone is interested, I went with an FS S3900-24T4S (Fanless 24-Port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Stackable Managed Switch with 4 10Gb SFP+ Uplinks).

The price and number of fans was correct.

Dat spec is sexy =)

Thanked by (1)FlamingSpaceJunk
  • ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

Juniper won’t fly in the budget, will have to be something else. It all depends what the OP is after. Ubiquity might do in the office and is user friendly, has clickable UI, etc. not really something I’d put in a DC unless for an OOB though.

FS tends to build reasonably priced and good quality stuff but didn’t had experience with their switches. Dell could be okish for the office too.

Sorry I won’t be of much help for non-DC stuff guys, but thanks for tagging!

• @Clouvider said:
    Juniper won’t fly in the budget, will have to be something else. It all depends what the OP is after. Ubiquity might do in the office and is user friendly, has clickable UI, etc. not really something I’d put in a DC unless for an OOB though.

A Juniper EX2300 was in the running. There were concerns about it's noise level though.

I like Ubiquiti's wireless stuff, but I don't particularly care for their other products. I especially don't like how Unifi doesn't have a documented API.

FS tends to build reasonably priced and good quality stuff but didn’t had experience with their switches. Dell could be okish for the office too.

That jives with everything I've heard about FS. Barebones, but solid products.

I asked a couple of other places, and everything I heard about Dell switches in the price range suggested they're a dumpster fire. I don't have fond memories of the PowerConnect junk, so I wasn't going to go with Dell unless the reviews were stellar.

The Dell N-series is supposed to be pretty good, but out of the price range. Plus, at that price I could get some name brand gear.

Sorry I won’t be of much help for non-DC stuff guys, but thanks for tagging!

<3