UptimeRobot API Limit

I just wondering why UPY display were broken several days ago, this is the cause.

Hi,

on Monday, July 26th we’ll be deploying a change in our API rate limits. 

All Free Plan accounts will be bound to 10 requests/minute. 

PRO Plan rate limits will be based on the number of monitors in your plan (with a maximum value of 1,000 requests/minute). 

This means if you have the 50-monitor PRO plan, you’re bound to 50 requests/minute, for 100 monitors it’s 100 requests/minute, etc. 

Thank you.

Regards,
Kristian from UptimeRobot

First they limit public status page due to huge load when user renew & issue SSL during custom domain for status page, I could understand the reason. Now they are limiting API access without good reason, unless forcing user to migrate to pro plan.

Guess I will reduce my monitor to 10 server only. Who knows they will limit free tier to 5 monitor only or worse in the future. Let me know what is your opinion.

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

Comments

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Very tempted to build my own uptime service. Seems like something that should scale incredibly well if designed for that from the start

• @havoc said:
    Very tempted to build my own uptime service. Seems like something that should scale incredibly well if designed for that from the start

Ill donate a vm for you if you do this.

@Kaffekopp said:

@havoc said:

Awesome! If it ever gets close to something tangible/real I'll let you know. Already have a cool domain for it, plus some ideas on how to make it scale...whether I can execute the plan remains to be seen

• @havoc said:

@Kaffekopp said:

@havoc said:

Awesome! If it ever gets close to something tangible/real I'll let you know. Already have a cool domain for it, plus some ideas on how to make it scale...whether I can execute the plan remains to be seen

Shot me a pm if you want a vm to run testing and bullcrap. I have some spare capasity at Ovh london.

Thanked by (1)havoc
  • WolveixWolveix OG
    edited July 2021

@chocolateshirt said: Now they are limiting API access without good reason, unless forcing user to migrate to pro plan.

I don't think that's their intention at all. Seems like they just didn't have API limits in-place in the past and people abused it. Their new limits are a bit light, but still seem reasonable enough to do all that you should need to do?

@havoc said: Very tempted to build my own uptime service. Seems like something that should scale incredibly well if designed for that from the start

I've definitely shared this same thought in the past. But there are already so many great options out there (cough HetrixTools cough).

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

@Wolveix said: But there are already so many great options out there (cough HetrixTools cough).

Yeah exactly. It just strikes me as a good project to practice some new tech on rather than competing with the commercial players in this space.

Anyway...sorry OP for derailing thread a bit

Thanked by (2)Wolveix chocolateshirt
  • KlanxKlanx Hosting Provider

Not sure why they are doing these changes.

• Things like this are the reason why I switched to hetrixtools. I know some people abuse free stuff but , that hurts people who use it with care.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net