Hetzner Cloud Price Increase - CX11 / CPX11 & Floating IPs

2»

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

@willie said: I have a CX11 active right now and have resized it a few times (basically upsize it if I have something compute intensive to do, then downsize it afterwards). If I do that again after the CX11 price increase goes into effect, then does the downsize result in the new CX11 price?

I agree that that was a good question. I had to ask about it. (Sorry that I am just now responding. Here's what one of the Hetzner Cloud team members told me:
    Downsizing results in a new resource price. But keeping the server as-is or moving it to different projects (even if it's a different owner) will not change the price. So if you're using the cheaper price now, then you upgrade your server for a bit, then downgrade it back, you will get the new price.

failover IPs: I am not sure why these are more expensive. I would assume it might be due to increased complexity that they introduce to the system.

VLAN-based products: I believe a few other customers have suggested something similar recently in one of the threads on the Hetzner Forum. I can pass on a +1 for those for you if you like.

improved anti-DDoS system: If you feel that our anti-DDoS system is not responding effectively to attacks, please communicate closely with our networking team. It may be that there are other security measures you, as the server admin, can implement on your server that will help prevent these. Or our team can look more closely at the specific attacks effecting your servers and see if there are any tweaks they can make. Please keep in mind that our anti-DDoS system is meant to protect the average user. Customers who have higher-than average requirements may do better with providers who specialize in this. --Katie

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• Thanks Katie. I personally have more interest in v6-only than vlan-only, but vlan-only has value for systems made of multiple services, since decreasing the attack surface (eliminating internet access to backend components) is always good for security. Of course you can do almost as well by shutting off the (virtual) network interfaces on the VM's.