Do good and get 1 free year of Boomer.host OpenVZ VPS!

FAT32FAT32 OG
edited August 2021 in Free Offers and Stuff

How to get a free VPS?

  1. Have at least 20 posts + Account created before 10 June 2021
  2. Make a donation (any amount) to any local/international charity organization
  3. Send me the proof of donation* and provide me an email address for your Virtualizor account to be created

* While not compulsory, it will be great if the proof includes the amount and the organization/fundraising name


As some of you might not have Credit Card to purchase a Boomer.host deal, this is a good opportunity to get it by doing good deeds.

For beginners, here are some organizations you can try:

Hope that this can encourage the culture of giving back to society and make the world a better place! :)

Big thanks to Boomer.host for providing the Free VPS. Note that free VPS is while stocks last.


VPS Specifications

  • 1 CPU (E5-2640v2)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD
  • 1000 GB Bandwidth @ 100Mbps
  • 1 Dedicated IPv4 & IPv6 Address
  • Location: Texas (DataIdeas)
  • Test IP: 64.112.124.124 / 2001:550:3402:32:0000:0000:0039:3d94
  • OVZ 7 / Virtualizor Control Panel
  • Free until 31 Aug 2022

YABS Benchmark:

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v2 @ 2.00GHz
CPU cores  : 1 @ 1149.963 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
RAM        : 1000.0 MiB
Swap       : 0.0 KiB
Disk       : 19.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
---------------------------------
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 34.84 MB/s    (8.7k) | 88.64 MB/s    (1.3k)
Write      | 34.95 MB/s    (8.7k) | 89.11 MB/s    (1.3k)
Total      | 69.80 MB/s   (17.4k) | 177.75 MB/s   (2.7k)
           |                      |
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
Read       | 112.69 MB/s    (220) | 105.59 MB/s    (103)
Write      | 118.68 MB/s    (231) | 112.62 MB/s    (109)
Total      | 231.38 MB/s    (451) | 218.22 MB/s    (212)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
---------------------------------
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                |                           |                 |
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 85.6 Mbits/sec  | 93.4 Mbits/sec
Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 90.2 Mbits/sec  | 93.3 Mbits/sec
WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 84.0 Mbits/sec  | 93.4 Mbits/sec
Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | 7.40 Mbits/sec
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 91.8 Mbits/sec  | 95.4 Mbits/sec
Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 91.3 Mbits/sec  | 95.3 Mbits/sec
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 91.9 Mbits/sec  | 95.4 Mbits/sec
Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 83.5 Mbits/sec  | 90.7 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
---------------------------------
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                |                           |                 |
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 74.0 Mbits/sec  | 5.96 Mbits/sec
Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 67.0 Mbits/sec  | busy
WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 63.8 Mbits/sec  | busy
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 87.3 Mbits/sec  | 11.3 Mbits/sec
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 89.6 Mbits/sec  | 17.7 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
---------------------------------
Test            | Value
                |
Single Core     | 209
Multi Core      | 219
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/9256775/


All users who claimed this service will be listed in the box below for transparency and audit purpose.

@Xenic @codelock @cybertech @Abdullah @valkyrie 

Disclaimer: I am helping Boomer.host completely out of free will. I am not part of Boomer.host and is not liable for any issues directly or indirectly caused by this free service. Please do not try to abuse this service.

"Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

Thanked by (5)souen imok Xenic ehab adly
«1

Comments

  • Thank you so much @FAT32 <3

    Thanked by (2)FAT32 ehab

    Greetings from 🇩🇪 North Rhine-Westphalia, Xenic.

  • Already donated twice over at OGF, but why not donate again to another organisation? =)

    (Of course I don't expect another VPS - donating just to give more.)

    Thanked by (3)ehab FAT32 vyas
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited August 2021

    subject to OP approval

    sent a donation but realised that i already have one vps in the same DC so, would like to pass it on to any well regarded OG member with at least 500 posts here.

    subject to OP approval

    Thanked by (2)FAT32 adly

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • @cybertech said:
    subject to OP approval

    sent a donation but realised that i already have one vps in the same DC so, would like to pass it on to any well regarded OG member with at least 500 posts here.

    subject to OP approval

    I don't see why not? Purchasing is different than this donation campaign :) But you might have to use a different email/alias than your current account so Virtualizor wouldn't complain

    Thanked by (1)cybertech

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited August 2021

    @FAT32 said:

    @cybertech said:
    subject to OP approval

    sent a donation but realised that i already have one vps in the same DC so, would like to pass it on to any well regarded OG member with at least 500 posts here.

    subject to OP approval

    I don't see why not? Purchasing is different than this donation campaign :) But you might have to use a different email/alias than your current account so Virtualizor wouldn't complain

    thanks for acceding to my request, will let the OG member who wants to claim this post here and claim it (do note OP already said while stocks last, so claim it quickly!)

    Thanked by (1)FAT32

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • Single Core | 209

    🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

  • @corbpie said:
    🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

    What do you expect for a free VPS :joy:

    Still faster than OneProvider storage VM though: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/66562/#Comment_66562

    Thanked by (1)adly

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • @corbpie said:

    Single Core | 209

    🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

    Think it as more of donation with play toy VPS, and it's an incredible deal.

  • Not a fan of cross posting, but adding my post from OGF:

    Next 2 I'll donate £5/each to a UK charity, provided they meet other criteria and provide good reason for wanting the service; if long term user (>= 12m) then extra criteria waived. If next 2 choose to donate, I will also donate £5 to UK charity in return.

    This is in ADDITION to whatever happens at OGF; that is, I'll give next 2 HERE/LTS as well as OGF. Huge fan of charity, happy to be a part!

    Thanked by (3)cybertech Chievo FAT32
  • As a LES special, I'll also donate £10 to a UK charity of @FAT32 choice. Let me know @FAT32, I'll make it right away.

    Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @adly said:
    As a LES special, I'll also donate £10 to a UK charity of FAT32 choice. Let me know FAT32, I'll make it right away.

    Wow, that's so nice of you. I am not based in UK so can't be sure what are the organization there :sweat: For International I usually donate to the ones listed in the thread (Wikipedia / Web Archive).

    Thanked by (1)adly

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • edited August 2021

    @FAT32 Closest I could do with Internet Archive is $10 + fees. Hope this is OK (already donated to Wikimedia). =)

    Thanked by (2)FAT32 ehab
  • @cybertech if you don't mind can I have that vps (I don't have enough post here or even lowendtalk(about 400 there) I have been active on these forums since a year now.

    Actually I am kind of broke right now because of spending too much on a mechanical keyboard 🤣🤣(but, worth it ) otherwise I would have participated in this good deed or just brought a cheap virmach vps. I actually already have a hosthatch vps but I am running out of resources so I thought I could offload some task to other vps.

    Btw, vps will be used for a college project in which we are developing a mobile friendly /accessible version of https://www.eraktkosh.in/BLDAHIMS/bloodbank/transactions/bbpublicindex.html

    Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

  • @adly said:
    FAT32 Closest I could do with Internet Archive is $10 + fees. Hope this is OK (already donated to Wikimedia). =)

    Definitely fine :) I honestly don't see why you need to ask me anything ok or not :joy: Really thanks for contributing to this charity drive.

    Thanked by (2)adly yoursunny

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • edited August 2021

    @codelock seems to qualify on posts/account date. If they really want the account they can PM me with the reason and a UK charity of their choice.

    If @FAT32 agrees, to this I will donate to a UK charity on their behalf.

    Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • @adly said:
    codelock seems to qualify on posts/account date. If they really want the account they can PM me with the reason and a UK charity of their choice.

    If FAT32 agrees, to this I will donate to a UK charity on their behalf.

    I don't see any problems here :)

    Thanked by (1)adly

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited August 2021

    @codelock said:
    @cybertech if you don't mind can I have that vps (I don't have enough post here or even lowendtalk(about 400 there) I have been active on these forums since a year now.

    Actually I am kind of broke right now because of spending too much on a mechanical keyboard 🤣🤣(but, worth it ) otherwise I would have participated in this good deed or just brought a cheap virmach vps. I actually already have a hosthatch vps but I am running out of resources so I thought I could offload some task to other vps.

    Btw, vps will be used for a college project in which we are developing a mobile friendly /accessible version of https://www.eraktkosh.in/BLDAHIMS/bloodbank/transactions/bbpublicindex.html

    really nice project, and I believe @adly will have your request sorted :)

    since it isn't claimed yet, any active LES member with more than 12 months registered and 200 posts are welcome to take it :)

    Thanked by (2)adly FAT32

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • I made the donation anyway, if @codelock claims it great, otherwise feel free to give it away @FAT32.

    I'm running out of known UK charities 😮 but will honour what I said - there are many in need I don't yet know.

    Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @adly said:
    I made the donation anyway, if @codelock claims it great, otherwise feel free to give it away @FAT32.

    I'm running out of known UK charities 😮 but will honour what I said - there are many in need I don't yet know.

    Thanks I will claim the vps .

    Thanked by (1)adly

    Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

  • edited August 2021

    @codelock said:
    Thanks I will claim the vps .

    PM @FAT32. They should sort you out.

    Edit: if you see a charity or want to donate, go for it. Not everyone can do this, but if you can give forward.

  • @adly said:
    PM FAT32. They should sort you out.

    Account created :)

    Thanked by (1)adly

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • edited August 2021

    @codelock said:
    Thanks I will claim the vps .

    Hope you're sorted. :) Looking forward to next (last?) donation.

    Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • I promised one more donation at LES. I trust @FAT32 to manage this for the next person.

    I made this donation anyway, after all it is charity:

    If you don't qualify. don't apply. and if you have the funds available then give forward!

    Thanked by (2)FAT32 ehab
  • We are now at 33 hours with a total amount of at least USD 312.43! (Combined with OGF)

    Thanks for all the contribution so far! I am happy to see that so many people are participating in this charity drive and we always welcome more :) Plenty of VPS still available!

    Thanked by (1)adly

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • Good folks.

    For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    @cybertech said:

    @FAT32 said:

    @cybertech said:
    subject to OP approval

    sent a donation but realised that i already have one vps in the same DC so, would like to pass it on to any well regarded OG member with at least 500 posts here.

    subject to OP approval

    I don't see why not? Purchasing is different than this donation campaign :) But you might have to use a different email/alias than your current account so Virtualizor wouldn't complain

    thanks for acceding to my request, will let the OG member who wants to claim this post here and claim it (do note OP already said while stocks last, so claim it quickly!)

    last call or yours truly will claim it :p

    Thanked by (1)FAT32

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer
    edited August 2021

    I see many discussions about boomerhost issues on ogf.How are the “charity vps” doing?

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited August 2021

    @vyas said:
    I see many discussions about boomerhost issues on ogf.How are the “charity vps” doing?

    going great actually. good to test how vz7 works vs kvm.

    edit: oh, now i see uptime of 1 day. seems like a reboot did happen.

    Thanked by (2)vyas ehab

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • ehabehab Content Writer
    edited August 2021

    i am too scared when i see this smile

    even if its free.

    and he always reminds me of

  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    @ehab said:
    i am too scared when i see this smile

    even if its free.

    yeah wouldn't have bought from that $300 face either.

    its a pleasant surprise though, lower ram used due to sharing of kernal.

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Sign In or Register to comment.