About Hostry Unlimited Traffic

Hello,

Recently I found a VPS offering from Hostry with unlimited traffic, I'm looking at the Singapore location. Anyone using them? Any review especially about their unlimited traffic on SG?
(https://hostry.com/products/vps/sg/Singapore/)

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

Comments

• This is my first time hearing it.

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• They look really good!

• Unlimited traffic in Asia sounds sketchy

Thanked by (2)Falzo skorous
  • @kuroneko23 said: Unlimited traffic in Asia sounds sketchy

This, but it's possible if they assign you only 1mbit on the VM ;-) . The site doesn't tell anything about if you got a 1, 10 or 100 mbit link

• @pxno said:

@kuroneko23 said: Unlimited traffic in Asia sounds sketchy

This, but it's possible if they assign you only 1mbit on the VM ;-) . The site doesn't tell anything about if you got a 1, 10 or 100 mbit link

• They are legit, nice service for the price with a few downsides: CPU is slow, connectivity to China is shit.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited August 2021

this name rang a bell but couldnt figure out why. finally got it from my short review of inxy in 2019:

"chanced upon them not knowing really who they are, but they were running a promo of $1 KVM VPS first month for 1 core, 1gb, 10gb SSD, 1000mbps port, unlimited transfer. Subsequent cost is $5 monthly

took a while to provision, their client area looks nice but buggy. ordered once but showed up as double , and both awaiting payment. no other details.

after vps was provisioned, saw no order in client page. did not like seeing that my account now showed (-$4). There was no contract or additional clauses stating that I have to compensate this in subsequent services.
    however they gave a link to vps management panel, and saw that this vps is by hostry.com.

logging in shows me a pre Y2K panel. wuuuuut in the ISPmanager is this.

SSH into vps and got a rude shock:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2200.000 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 9.8 GB (6.9 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 983 MB (88 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 5 days, 2 hour 28 min
    Load average         : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    OS                   : CentOS 7.7.1908
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 5.3.8-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 419 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 553 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 519 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 497.0 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        167.88.158.176          2.27MB/s  

CPU is actually good, so is the SSD. but network is crap, limited to 2.5MB/s inbound. outbound is OK.

raised ticket to inxy, they had to go back and forth with hostry. long story short, i have proof in the VMmanager showing that the vps is rated limited to 2500k/s inbound, but they mentioned provider says this is normal, 1000mbps port is "shared". No refound either.

They can have the $1.

Conclusion: This crap shit is worse than LEB provider."

Thanked by (1)Dazzle

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Send them message and got this.

@cybertech where on earth that 2,5MB/s is normal? Thank you for the benchmark though.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.