Content Delivery Networks for WordPress

2»

Comments

• GCoreLabs is offering FREE 1TB / month CDN, you can give them a try.

• johnkjohnk Hosting Provider

GCore is nice pricing/PoP wise and also has some great features, but routing was wacky last time I tried them ~5 months ago. They use gDNS instead of anycast.

• @giang said:
    GCoreLabs is offering FREE 1TB / month CDN, you can give them a try.

Likewise for Shift8

• @vyas said:

@giang said:

Likewise for Shift8

Shift8 is optimized for WP and doesn't allow to create custom domain CDN, and doesn't require add a debit / credit card.

GcoreLabs got more features, you can also use your own domain for CDN, and they require to add a debit / credit card for verification.

• @giang said:

@vyas said:

@giang said:

Likewise for Shift8

Shift8 is optimized for WP and doesn't allow to create custom domain CDN, and doesn't require add a debit / credit card.

GcoreLabs got more features, you can also use your own domain for CDN, and they require to add a debit / credit card for verification.

Was referring to bandwidth and not the technicalities

Thanked by (1)giang
  • Anybody here uses
    Jsdelivr

Or

Statically ?

• edited September 2021

@vyas said:
    Anybody here uses
    Jsdelivr

Or

Statically ?

I was used statically + [Litespeed Cache (Disable page cache) + WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache before] they used CloudFlare CDN.

Statically got a lot of 400 error with static resources (css, js).
    Litespeed got a lot of 404 error (not found) with static resource (css, js) and access to the website was super slow. It also generated a lot of same css / js file.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited September 2021

@vyas said:
    Anybody here uses
    Jsdelivr

Or

Statically ?

I sometimes use it for projects. Can be quite handy.

• sonicsonic OG
    edited October 2021

@bikegremlin said:

@sonic said:

@bikegremlin said:

MS said:

@bikegremlin said:
    Keeping it simple for now and sticking with Cloudflare free tier.

I've tested a plugin that enables real CDN function for free:
    WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache

VERSION 4.5.1
    Change ownership to Optimole

I don't believe this plugin will remain free for long.

It's all configured to take money - like everything else.
    Right from the start.

Everything is free... until you need a WooCommerce webshop or a multilingual website - then 99% of the plugins and themes require you to pay, or code it all yourself.

Thanks. Uninstalled WP Super Cache and installed this one.

For caching, I prefer LiteSpeed.
    This is my article on WordPress caching options.

In other words: CDN sort of comes "on top," or "alongside" caching, but it doesn't replace it.
    Even with Cloudflare set up like that, I think it's a good idea to have a nicely configured website caching (and serve cached version to Cloudflare when it does any double-checking).

A good thing with the LiteSpeed Cache plugin is that it plays rather nicely with Cloudflare, so when LiteSpeed invalidates a page, Cloudflare respects that and pulls a fresh copy (new user comment, new post in the "Latest posts" list etc.).

I haven't given it a thorough test, but I let the Cloudflare Cache plugin run alongside the properly configured LiteSpeed Cache plugin.

Just bought Litespeed shared hosting from ExtraVM, and installed Litespeed Cache + WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache.
    Could you please share your configurations

Edit: I found this guide is really helpful
    https://webspeedtools.com/litespeed-cache-cloudflare/#Cloudflare_APO

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited October 2021

@sonic said:

@bikegremlin said:

@sonic said:

@bikegremlin said:

MS said:

@bikegremlin said:
    Keeping it simple for now and sticking with Cloudflare free tier.

I've tested a plugin that enables real CDN function for free:
    WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache

VERSION 4.5.1
    Change ownership to Optimole

I don't believe this plugin will remain free for long.

It's all configured to take money - like everything else.
    Right from the start.

Everything is free... until you need a WooCommerce webshop or a multilingual website - then 99% of the plugins and themes require you to pay, or code it all yourself.

Thanks. Uninstalled WP Super Cache and installed this one.

For caching, I prefer LiteSpeed.
    This is my article on WordPress caching options.

In other words: CDN sort of comes "on top," or "alongside" caching, but it doesn't replace it.
    Even with Cloudflare set up like that, I think it's a good idea to have a nicely configured website caching (and serve cached version to Cloudflare when it does any double-checking).

A good thing with the LiteSpeed Cache plugin is that it plays rather nicely with Cloudflare, so when LiteSpeed invalidates a page, Cloudflare respects that and pulls a fresh copy (new user comment, new post in the "Latest posts" list etc.).

I haven't given it a thorough test, but I let the Cloudflare Cache plugin run alongside the properly configured LiteSpeed Cache plugin.

Just bought Litespeed shared hosting from ExtraVM, and installed Litespeed Cache + WP Cloudflare Super Page Cache.
    Could you please share your configurations

Edit: I found this guide is really helpful
    https://webspeedtools.com/litespeed-cache-cloudflare/#Cloudflare_APO

LiteSpeed works fine right out of the box - so I'm giving myself the liberty to conclude it's not a matter of hours?

I'll make an article - with screenshots. Beginner-friendly (in case any newbies need it), but in great detail, so even experts can make use of it - and correct me if I've done some configurations that aren't as close to optimal as possible.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

@sonic - here it is (better late than never :) ).

What's worked well for me so far. Any additions, improvements, and especially corrections are more than welcome.

How to configure LiteSpeed WordPress cache?

Thanked by (1)sonic

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @bikegremlin said:
    @sonic - here it is (better late than never :) ).

What's worked well for me so far. Any additions, improvements, and especially corrections are more than welcome.

How to configure LiteSpeed WordPress cache?

Great!

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
    edited October 2021

I had sent the article (and my config file) to LiteSpeed, suggesting they offer official pre-set config files for various standard setups (like WooCommerce+Elementor, no page builder websites, AMP websites etc.) for download from their servers (safer and more trustworthy than dowloading stuff from files.bikegremlin.com :) ). They liked the article and the idea.

I see the latest update (4.3.3. from today) has "Guest Optimization" and "CCSS Per URL" both set to OFF by default, which is what's worked fine for me and is in my config. file. :)
    Edit: I don't think that's related (highly unlikely), but I take it as a confirmation of my own test results.