Raspberry Pi (Temporary) Price Increase and parts shortage

vyasvyas OG
edited October 2021 in Industry News

Price rise applicable to 2 GB model only. In the meantime, hold on to your Pi 4's !

We’re now expecting our supply chain challenges to continue through much of 2022. These challenges will fall most heavily on our older products, built on 40nm silicon: in practice, anything that isn’t a Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 400, or Compute Module 4. With this in mind, we’re making several changes to help our customers, many of whom are buying Raspberry Pis to power their businesses, navigate the next twelve months.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/supply-chain-shortages-and-our-first-ever-price-increase

Thanked by (1)Xenic

Comments

• I've realised that as well, no Pi 4B's are currently available at my favorite reseller in Germany, but they are still getable here over other resellers. It's really interesting to see how the world changes current, fuel costs more now, ssds costs more, PI Computers cost more etc...

• And wage/salary remains the same.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    And wage/salary remains the same.

Hasn’t minimum wage remained the dame for over 12 years - in absolute numbers, not adjusted for inflation?

I recall reading it was IS $7 in 2008 and continues to remain around that number even today.

It’s like mass recruiting at colleges in India. Most companies have paid the same salaries in absolute terms for the past eight years. That too in a high inflation situation.

Now they are at a loss- with competition from startups driving up wages to 2x or 3x levels