Intel 12th gen Adler Lake CPUs- Too little, too late?

vyasvyas OG
edited October 2021 in Industry News

For the 12th gen Intel CPUs, GB5 scores seem to make headlines ( faster than Ryzen 5900x yada yadaa...) but in addition to Ryzen, and now compared to the rise of M1 processor, is it a case of too little, too late for Intel? They will be available as
i9, i7,i5 CPUs- does that mean i3s will be phased out?

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/intel-alder-lake-12th-gen-core-i9-core-i7-core-i5-desktop-cpus-launched-with-up-to-16-heterogenous-cores-pcie-5-0-ddr5-z690-chipset-2590171

intel-chips

Tagged:

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

lets see real world reviews on performance and power consumption, anyway ryzen is already out in the market with ECC compatibility while intel still hasn't done both.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Not too late. What I think is, AMD and Intel is not enemy but friends. They're real enemy is non x86 cpus.

Action and Reaction in history

• Looking at their graphs new cpu looks good. However worth to mention it was tested on W11, probably without fixes for amd l3 cache so we don't have real comparison in games. For some reason they didn't compared their 12th gen to ryzen in apps ;)
    Click here for full article

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited October 2021

@vyas said:
    For the 12th gen Intel CPUs, GB5 scores seem to make headlines ( faster than Ryzen 5900x yada yadaa...) but in addition to Ryzen, and now compared to the rise of M1 processor, is it a case of too little, too late for Intel? They will be available as
    i9, i7,i5 CPUs- does that mean i3s will be phased out?

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/intel-alder-lake-12th-gen-core-i9-core-i7-core-i5-desktop-cpus-launched-with-up-to-16-heterogenous-cores-pcie-5-0-ddr5-z690-chipset-2590171

intel-chips

I'd look for which one is better supported & more stable. If they're similar, then:
    If the price of a decent CPU + MTB + RAM is lower with Intel, I'd get Intel - and vice-versa if the tips are in AMD's favour.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

i3 not phased out, they only release the "enthusiast" parts first

• @11111jfkdd said:
    i3 not phased out, they only release the "enthusiast" parts first

I see. Because the ads on radio (yes, radio!) talk about how powerful 11th gen Intel processor is, how it can walk your dog and feed your baby etc...(pun intended) And then they go on to talk about i3...

To me it seems like they are making a big push for i3 considering the budget brands, sub US $ 400 laptops. OR they want to phase out the i3s.

This happened with laptops- still see 15.6 and 16 in laptops with 4 GB RAM and HDD.

• Intel is bad.
    I will go AMD。